Thread Tools
Oct 15, 2012, 09:19 AM
No Country for Snowflake Men
n00b-E's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE
When someone tells me they are patriotic, that conjours images of xenophobia
You probably don't hear that type of thing very often, do you? I mean, I thought that kind of thing was passť on that side of the pond.
Oct 15, 2012, 09:24 AM
Registered User
ENGINETORQUE's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b-E
You probably don't hear that type of thing very often, do you? I mean, I thought that kind of thing was passť on that side of the pond.
Oh we wave flags a lot here

Did you miss the Olympics just a few weeks back then ?
Oct 15, 2012, 09:26 AM
No Country for Snowflake Men
n00b-E's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE
Oh we wave flags a lot here

Did you miss the Olympics just a few weeks back then ?
Was that the sporting event you guys hosted that had all the empty seats?
Oct 15, 2012, 09:38 AM
Registered User
ENGINETORQUE's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b-E
Was that the sporting event you guys hosted that had all the empty seats?
That's the one - had to leave space for all the medals
Oct 15, 2012, 09:41 AM
No Country for Snowflake Men
n00b-E's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE
That's the one - had to leave space for all the medals
I can understand and appreciate you fine people not wanting US athletes to have to co-mingle with the riff-raff while collecting their medals. That was very considerate indeed.
Oct 15, 2012, 10:33 AM
Registered User
Sherlock's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefast
You can call it hypocricy, I call it being Patriotic Americans. obama and his gang have moved us so far to the left that it is time to say "NO MORE". Now I suppose you like that. You want more and bigger Govt. I, and many like me do not. I think people should be able to take a little responsibility for their own actions.
No, it IS hypocritical and it is not being patriotic. There is nothing patriotic about the all or nothing obstructionism the Republicans are engaging in.
Oct 15, 2012, 10:39 AM
No Country for Snowflake Men
n00b-E's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock
No, it IS hypocritical and it is not being patriotic. There is nothing patriotic about the all or nothing obstructionism the Republicans are engaging in.
From your perspective, that is. From the perspective of those they represent, they're doing a fine, and patriotic job, and they probably don't care what you think about it.

But you probably know a little about hypocrisy, after all there are some areas you'd like no give and all take, I'm sure. <ahem> Roe v.Wade <<cough, cough>> labor unions <ahem>
Oct 15, 2012, 11:28 AM
Registered User
mikefast's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b-E
From your perspective, that is. From the perspective of those they represent, they're doing a fine, and patriotic job, and they probably don't care what you think about it.

But you probably know a little about hypocrisy, after all there are some areas you'd like no give and all take, I'm sure. <ahem> Roe v.Wade <<cough, cough>> labor unions <ahem>
Exactly. For the liberal Democrats, co-operation is forcing the right wing to give in completely. They have one agenda and that is to move the country as far to the left as they possibly can. They NEVER give in.
Oct 15, 2012, 12:47 PM
Registered User
ENGINETORQUE's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefast
Exactly. For the liberal Democrats, co-operation is forcing the right wing to give in completely. They have one agenda and that is to move the country as far to the left as they possibly can. They NEVER give in.
As far left as they possibly can eh Mike

REALLY


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Found Parkzone Nite Vapor or Ember Marinoob Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Sep 09, 2012 08:09 AM
Sold (2) TechOne Micro Flight Paks - Last price drop tonite. sgomes Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 1 Mar 22, 2012 08:37 PM
Discussion LEG's Jack Cooper is in town, dinner tonite? Jeff Charlot Slope 28 Dec 24, 2005 02:02 PM