Congressman draws fire for calling evolution, Big Bang ‘lies from the pit of hell’ - Page 3 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Oct 11, 2012, 01:12 PM
Figure Nine Champ
madsci_guy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE
It doesn't ASSUME anything

That's rather the point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE
We can't know can we

Join the only group on the planet with grasp of God
You declared that we can't know, that's a result of the assumption I mentioned.
Oct 11, 2012, 01:13 PM
No Country for Snowflake Men
n00b-E's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy
I never did understand the agnostic position.

It assumes that God wouldn't choose to reveal Himself.
The only assumption we make is that we cannot know for certain until He does show Himself.
Oct 11, 2012, 01:14 PM
Registered User
ENGINETORQUE's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy
You declared that we can't know, that's a result of the assumption I mentioned.
OK - well I've never witnessed anything that convinces me one way or the other

But it's personal thing for us all
Oct 11, 2012, 01:15 PM
Figure Nine Champ
madsci_guy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b-E
The only assumption we make is that we cannot know for certain until He does show Himself.
I almost never hear that qualifier, you'll notice that ET omitted it.
Oct 11, 2012, 01:18 PM
Figure Nine Champ
madsci_guy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE
OK - well I've never witnessed anything that convinces me one way or the other

But it's personal thing for us all
Now stating your personal experience is a different matter. But it's bad logic to assert something about God, based solely on one's personal experience.
Oct 11, 2012, 01:22 PM
Registered User
ENGINETORQUE's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy
I almost never hear that qualifier, you'll notice that ET omitted it.
UNTIL

He meant 'IF'

Oct 11, 2012, 01:26 PM
Owns an Evil Black Rifle
Twizter68's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk
How do these neanderthals get into Congress? It's really scary to think he has constituents. Almost as moronic as the self abortion theory under legitimate rape.
Truly, I do often wonder how ignorant people get into Congress...

Rep Hank Johnson concerned about Guam capsizing
Oct 11, 2012, 01:53 PM
No Country for Snowflake Men
n00b-E's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE
UNTIL

He meant 'IF'

No, I typed what I meant.
Oct 11, 2012, 01:55 PM
Reserved Parking
P-51C's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk
How do these neanderthals get into Congress? It's really scary to think he has constituents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk
believe it or not, i'm a christian. I just happen to have a brain too.

Gee, yet another thread where if someone disagrees with someones elses chosen theory, they are labled neanderthals and brainless.

As always, quite telling.
Oct 11, 2012, 02:03 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE
Not sure if you're admitting to something (unwittingly...) that you didn't mean to here Lyle
The capital "C", I s'pose.
Oct 11, 2012, 02:04 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
DenverJayhawk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-51C
Gee, yet another thread where if someone disagrees with someones elses chosen theory, they are labled neanderthals and brainless.

As always, quite telling.
i'm not an elected official with the power to influence policy because of my personal religious beliefs.
Oct 11, 2012, 02:05 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
DenverJayhawk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefo
The capital "C", I s'pose.
posts that are grammar policing are ones I rarely take the time to reply to.
Oct 11, 2012, 02:07 PM
LcJ
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
LcJ's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by California Condor
That's a good one LcJ.
It is the little things that count in life, like our relationship to Him.
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Oct 11, 2012, 02:08 PM
LcJ
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
LcJ's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefo
The capital "C", I s'pose.
Yep.
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Oct 11, 2012, 02:10 PM
Old Timer
California Condor's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk
i'm not an elected official with the power to influence policy because of my personal religious beliefs.
And a damn good thing that is.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Under fire from the right, Romney rigorously preparing for debate Broken Wings Life, The Universe, and Politics 5 Sep 28, 2012 10:14 PM
Discussion Stray Pit Bull Saves Mother And Child From Knife-Wielding Attacker D B Cooper Life, The Universe, and Politics 73 May 12, 2012 10:15 AM
Discussion Last night's Big Bang episode! Dusty Puddles Life, The Universe, and Politics 13 Mar 18, 2012 10:51 AM
Discussion The Republican’s Big Lies About Jobs (And Why Obama Must Repudiate Them) 62pilot Life, The Universe, and Politics 37 Mar 15, 2012 02:23 PM
Rant Lies lies and more lies from Polyquest Roland Land Cranky1 Vendor Talk 14 Sep 10, 2004 05:10 PM