Jan 06, 2013, 05:33 PM
new ebay object number is 251210330703. Last stock item...
to remove ads between posts
Jan 12, 2013, 09:13 AM
i just finished painting all parts with the primer. Now I have to wait 24hrs before I can paint the color.

Jan 14, 2013, 12:54 PM
Here is the result ...

Jan 14, 2013, 04:13 PM
Team of ONE....or...Team Me
Looking great, cannot wait to see it all together.
Jan 15, 2013, 01:46 PM
for those who wonder where I paint.... this is my improvised painting room )))

Jan 16, 2013, 12:52 PM
First test with the new tracks....

Drive test 1 (0 min 23 sec)

Drive test 2 (2 min 6 sec)
Jan 17, 2013, 11:56 AM

Jan 17, 2013, 03:05 PM
High Dynamic Thrust
are you setting up tracks for independent control? controlling each track seperately like the real deal? I didnt see you do any spin turns. one track forward, one backwards

great job on the build btw!
Jan 17, 2013, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneenforcer
are you setting up tracks for independent control? controlling each track seperately like the real deal? I didnt see you do any spin turns. one track forward, one backwards

great job on the build btw!
Yes I have set up the tracks individually. Two sticks control the tracks. It's because my little sun was driving while I held the camera.
Jan 18, 2013, 10:45 AM
Testing the tracks with more load (1 min 29 sec)
Jan 21, 2013, 09:44 AM
I made some decals today for the excavator. I would stick all of them on the excavator but got some spares... just in case I mess one up.

As far as the build...
drive works
swing works
lights work
paint finished
decals planned for tomorrow
and hydraulics planned for tomorrow
and then I am DONE

i do have to figure out how to put the oil on the system and make sure the tubing is air-free
Jan 22, 2013, 02:38 PM

don't worry about the 2 cables sticking out... I need to put 2 more led's in

and tomorrow I will be (trying) to make the arm and bucket move... I will need to figure out how to put the oil in etc. First time I do this... all advise around first time operation of the hydraulics is most welcome
Jan 25, 2013, 02:49 PM
While I am waiting for the missing pieces (hydraulics tubing and the lock bushings), I was thinking of something else to keep me busy.

I would like to measure the temperature of the oil reservoir, the valve and the ambient temperature in the engine room. With a temperature threshold set, fan's could be controlled to help cooling down the oil reservoir and the valve.

I bought some mini fans and want to measure temperature and control the fans by an arduino.

I did a first attempt setting it all up and writing the code. It does work fine! What I want to do next, is to replace the 16x2 display with a very small oled display of 1" and install that in the cabin of the excavator for all the temperature read-outs

Once I get the OLED working, I'll make a small pcb to get rid of the wire mess.
Jan 27, 2013, 08:00 AM
I have changed the display by an pled, which will be installed in the cabin.

Temp control test (0 min 27 sec)
Jan 27, 2013, 09:39 AM
Wow, this is such hi-tech work!

I see a lot of 1/16th construction RC vehicles on eBay I am tempted to get... just for the heck of it. I know they are no-way-near this caliber of work.

~ Jeff