This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 04, 2012, 11:23 PM
Trader Rating: 32
Custom quad builder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavinxman
none , by the time i do all the mods that it really needs i could buy a new dx7 for $30-40 more , im done with 9x
If your done with it send it to me
to remove ads between posts
Nov 04, 2012, 11:26 PM
Custom quad builder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavinxman
none , by the time i do all the mods that it really needs i could buy a new dx7 for $30-40 more , im done with 9x
You don't need all that from HK all you need is this

http://www.smartieparts.com/shop/ind...=index&cPath=3
Nov 05, 2012, 03:52 AM
Trader Rating: 4
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
tech69x,

Where/who is a good place to order a 9x from? I've been thinking about getting one for my v911's/v929/v949

Thanks,

-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69x
You don't need all that from HK all you need is this

http://www.smartieparts.com/shop/ind...=index&cPath=3
Nov 05, 2012, 04:00 AM
Custom quad builder
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCrashTestDummy
tech69x,

Where/who is a good place to order a 9x from? I've been thinking about getting one for my v911's/v929/v949

Thanks,

-Pat
Here you go
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...z_Turnigy.html
Nov 05, 2012, 06:45 AM
Trader Rating: 3
Last edited by Gavinxman; Nov 13, 2012 at 10:26 AM.
Nov 05, 2012, 12:48 PM
Trader Rating: 4
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
Sweet, thanks T69.

Is there anything else I'll need to do to make this thing work other than install the programmer board from your link? Like some of this stuff I've seen mentioned. (er9x, frsky, modules, firmware upgrades, etc) I would really like to keep this simple and it's already sounding like a lot of work. I would just like a better Tx for my little guys because I already have a Devo 7 for my Armattan on it's way.

Thanks,

-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69x
Nov 05, 2012, 12:56 PM
Trader Rating: 1
When you get programmer board just flash it with ER9X firmware.

Don't use it on stock firmware and you will love it

That's all u need at this point.
Nov 05, 2012, 01:23 PM
Trader Rating: 206
Thread OP
I just finished packing 13 orders. All going out tomorrow as promised. You guys will get a tracking number when I get home from work late in the evening. I have 4 more to build and then I will take a break for a week or so. Then I will begin accepting orders again. Prices will go up about 5-10$ per quad to help me cover the cost of production from the CNC factory. That said, I will have different options for the DIY guys and that will be cheaper.

I'm also working on designing CNC arms now and I will have some samples made. But that is going to cost pretty penny. Alumi CNC center plates with alumi CNC arms. No tubes, just solid alumi with cut up designs to lighten things up. It's going to be a sick frame. Stay tuned.

Best,
Chris
Nov 05, 2012, 01:44 PM
Trader Rating: 9
Look forward to seeing the new frame designs. Put me in line for one as I know that it will be very strong and innovative.

Phasor
Nov 05, 2012, 02:14 PM
Trader Rating: 120
RC Heli Nation - Citizen # 606
Looks like mine has been in NY customs since 10/27. I hope's it's not floating in the Atlantic after Sandy.
Nov 05, 2012, 07:32 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie_1520
Looks like mine has been in NY customs since 10/27. I hope's it's not floating in the Atlantic after Sandy.
I have had this complaint before. It seems they stop updating the tracking system at customs. I'm guessing you're getting it today or tomorrow.

Best,
Chris
Nov 05, 2012, 08:01 PM
Trader Rating: 170
MSgt, USAF Ret.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie_1520

The same thing happen to me. The tracking showed it in CA for more than a week and then it just showed up. I'm sure there's nothing to worry about.

Jim
Nov 05, 2012, 08:11 PM
Trader Rating: 9
Yep the last update that I got on mine was:

Processed Through Sort Facility

Your item has been processed through our sort facility in ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS) at 3:43 pm on November 01, 2012.

So I guess that it could be any day now....hopefully. Looking very much to receiving it.

Phasor
Nov 06, 2012, 11:43 AM
Thread OP
Here's a sneak preview of the new center plates. These are just samples I got today. I'm not ready to build with these yet.

Looks darn good to me. Now wait to see the CNC arms... Not cheap, though...

I sent some samples center plates to be anodized today... I less than likely sell them, though. They are going to be for me and a friend or two. Way too expensive, but it's going to look sick.

Stay tuned...

Best,
Chris
Nov 06, 2012, 11:58 AM
Trader Rating: 1
It's awesome Chris, you are always a step ahead to drag us even more into this addiction

You betcha about 1-2pcs anodized CP's, i'm sure all the fans will want them

Quick Reply