Oct 30, 2012, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros
I should have photos to publish of the prototype soon...

Also, I feel strangely compelled to again mention that I do design work for FMS in return for product. I received an email from someone who wanted to "remind me" that if I work for FMS in any way, even just free product or discounts "...you have to tell people. Not trying to be picky here but transparency is required by law so if someone found out that you did work for FMS in any capacity then you could get into trouble over it. Just a reminder."

First of all, I've never hidden that fact from anyone on RCG (even my blog openly talks about my affiliations), nor do I feel there is anything I'm doing that could be viewed as illegal in the eyes of the law.

So just to clear my conscience (and to openly address a bizarre email), again, I do design work for FMS in exchange for product. This is what allows me access to photos and information that others may not have access to.

So carry on. P51B photos should be coming soon.
I would have told the guy to go screw himself...But guys like this are so messed up that I bet even his hand wouldn't give him any......
to remove ads between posts
Oct 30, 2012, 07:05 PM
This would be a cool, easy conversion for the new B model.

Travis
Oct 30, 2012, 07:20 PM
Shameless Warbirdaholic.
Thread OP
Sexy beast!
Oct 30, 2012, 07:35 PM
the_PilotRyan
Quote:
Their new 1400MM is going to look like this...
wow that looks nice. Flaps? Aros it was V7 not the B. I'll get my B before Pete does
Oct 30, 2012, 07:44 PM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
oh dammm , i may have to buy this one now !!!
Oct 30, 2012, 07:52 PM
Shameless Warbirdaholic.
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryramZ
wow that looks nice. Flaps? Aros it was V7 not the B. I'll get my B before Pete does
Yep, flaps!
Oct 31, 2012, 01:25 AM
Shameless Warbirdaholic.
Thread OP
Latest from FMS...They will send photos tonight or tomorrow...For now they are going with two schemes. One will be the Shangri La and the other they are letting the customer pick. So gather those photos one last time and I'll submit the main ones to them.

Oct 31, 2012, 02:15 AM
Make me a Gloster Gladiator!
Quote:
Latest from FMS...They will send photos tonight or tomorrow...For now they are going with two schemes. One will be the Shangri La and the other they are letting the customer pick. So gather those photos one last time and I'll submit the main ones to them
hmmmm.... the same scheme as the E-Flite P-51B......FMS could have done better
Oct 31, 2012, 05:46 AM
quit typing and go fly
Tuskegee Red Tail would be a good second scheme.
Col. Benjamin O Davis's plane
Latest blog entry: VQ Spitfire
Oct 31, 2012, 05:57 AM
Yes it's the same as the eflite P51B. But there are many different decals that will work with this paint job. So to me this is a positive thing.
If FMS would put the decals in the box...

But if I already didn't own the eflite P51B I would want this as is.
It looks great period.
The fact that FMS is letting people choose a second model is a good thing.

When my kids tired and cranky they whine about everything no matter what it is about.
That statement isn't to be rude. It's meant to be humorous.
So If you take offence instead of laughing you need to take a time out.

Enough whining. Myself included.
Oct 31, 2012, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jricchio
Tuskegee Red Tail would be a good second scheme.
Col. Benjamin O Davis's plane
At first I thought I wanted anything but silver.
But this would look good in the air and be easy to spot.
The scheme grows on you doesn't it.

I'm looking forward to the voting on the second scheme.
I wonder what we will have to choose from?
Will both be olive drab and we choose decals?
Or different paint colors too?
Oct 31, 2012, 06:24 AM
One more flight...
Quote:
Latest from FMS...They will send photos tonight or tomorrow...For now they are going with two schemes. One will be the Shangri La and the other they are letting the customer pick. So gather those photos one last time and I'll submit the main ones to them.

The smart move would to be just provide it in a the basic OD and Gray scheme without even painting the nose color band on. Then everyone could easily customize it.

The other scheme they could use, using the same idea of no nose color band so it could be customized easily, is the basic green upper surfaces and silver lowers:

Lt. James E Roughgarden, Haledon, NJ, 362nd Fighter Squadron. P-51B 42-106654 G4-G "Jersey Bounce".

Lt. William B Overstreet, Clifton Forge, VA, 363rd Fighter Squadron. P-51C 42-103309 B6-O "Berlin Express".
Oct 31, 2012, 07:06 AM
We Begin bombing in 5 Minutes
Well, at least it is a 4th fighter group plane. Not so sure why everyone and their brother (outside of this crowd) loves Don Gentile.

No malcom hood. whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
Oct 31, 2012, 07:46 AM
"Dallas Darling" is gorgeous!!!
Oct 31, 2012, 08:11 AM
2 many planes & 2 little time
Capt. Bud Peterson's 'Hurry Home Honey'

Quick Reply