FMS 1450MM P-51B Mustang - Page 135 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Feb 12, 2013, 08:48 PM
"Die with the ball centered.."
capteasy's Avatar
Whatever, I'll be ordering a P51-B Mustang from somewhere, preferably Philip sometime in the neart future. I love the style it provides and the enthusiasm it evokes from you monkeys.
Dick
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 12, 2013, 11:22 PM
"Auntie Samantha"
Sandancer's Avatar
I got my "B" bird in today! "FMS 1450mm P-51B Shangri-la: The Un-Boxing!" She sure is Purty!

Gary
Feb 12, 2013, 11:26 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Aros.MotionRC's Avatar
Awesome Gary! This one's a peach!
Feb 12, 2013, 11:30 PM
"Auntie Samantha"
Sandancer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros
Awesome Gary! This one's a peach!
I'm in agreement with you Todd, this one's going to be popular!

Gary
Feb 13, 2013, 02:46 AM
Most people are stupid!
dambit's Avatar
Anyone think they might post some pics soon?
Feb 13, 2013, 03:57 AM
Short Circuit Creator
Crashem Dave's Avatar
Can't wait for a few flying reports.
Feb 13, 2013, 07:48 AM
Jimmy
Jimmy1159's Avatar
Hi all, Well I have my plane all together and just waiting for some and time and weather to get the maiden out of the way.
This being my first FMS plane and new to 4s. I ran her up on the watt meter and it seemed a little light. Only 525 watts at 35 amps. Now the amps are ok, the lower the better. The plane weights 5.25lbs with a 3000 4s batt. With only cranking 500 watts is that enuff to fly this plane. The batts are zippy 25c 3000. There new so maybe they need some breck-in time.
Am I worried over nothing. Can't wait to fly her. Awsome looking plane.
Feb 13, 2013, 07:52 AM
Registered User
struggleforlife's Avatar
525 watt? That seems very low.
Try 5s?
Feb 13, 2013, 08:08 AM
Most people are stupid!
dambit's Avatar
Lol, that's the spirit.
Feb 13, 2013, 12:10 PM
"Auntie Samantha"
Sandancer's Avatar


Has anyone got any suggestions pertaining to modding a Malcolm canopy to the new P-51B cockpit? I'm posting the dimensions *see attachments*. I already have the E-Flite P-51B canopy from Park Flyer Plastics on it's way to see of it might be an option?

Tom H, you mentioned the canopy you made for your "B", would it fit within these dimensions?

Thanks!

Gary
Feb 13, 2013, 02:31 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by struggleforlife
525 watt? That seems very low.
Try 5s?
hay wate a min this flys with a Battery: Li-Po 14.8V 2600 - 3700mAh 20C so there should be no probs.
Feb 13, 2013, 02:52 PM
rob
rob66's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandancer


Has anyone got any suggestions pertaining to modding a Malcolm canopy to the new P-51B cockpit? I'm posting the dimensions *see attachments*. I already have the E-Flite P-51B canopy from Park Flyer Plastics on it's way to see of it might be an option?

Tom H, you mentioned the canopy you made for your "B", would it fit within these dimensions?

Thanks!

Gary
why not try the 1400mm spitfire canopy center section..,,.as that's all the malcom hood was on the full size,,.if that don't fit it might be trail & error trying different canopies from spitfire kits,,im sure all kit manufacturers will supply spares,.
Feb 13, 2013, 04:20 PM
"Auntie Samantha"
Sandancer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullittrob
why not try the 1400mm spitfire canopy center section..,,.as that's all the malcom hood was on the full size,,.if that don't fit it might be trail & error trying different canopies from spitfire kits,,im sure all kit manufacturers will supply spares,.
I've already posted that option on my "FMS 1450mm P-51B Shangri-la: The Un-Boxing!" pg. last night.

Gary
Feb 13, 2013, 04:51 PM
Throttle Bender
merlinfan's Avatar
It's a wives tail that the yanks used Spitfire hoods on their Bs. They are totally different. They were probably made in England.

I have a Parkflyerplastics Malcolm hood and it looks like it will fit perfectly. Not sure because I haven't cut it out and I am not planning on using it on my Dallas D P51B.
Feb 13, 2013, 05:29 PM
"Auntie Samantha"
Sandancer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinfan
It's a wives tail that the yanks used Spitfire hoods on their Bs. They are totally different. They were probably made in England.

I have a Parkflyerplastics Malcolm hood and it looks like it will fit perfectly. Not sure because I haven't cut it out and I am not planning on using it on my Dallas D P51B.
That's encouraging to know. I checked the dimensions on PFP's E-Flite P-51B Malcolm and they do look close? Crossing fingers!

Gary


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product New T-28 Trojan 1400mm EPO by FMS jbc Electric Warbirds 11090 Nov 17, 2017 03:43 PM
Wanted FMS 1400mm 190,109,F6F or Corsair PNP NEW for Trade Mikey 68 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Jul 29, 2012 08:07 PM
Poll Choose the new paintscheme for the FMS 1400mm FW190-A8 Beltpilot Electric Warbirds 87 Jul 25, 2012 09:29 AM
Sold FMS 1400mm Zero - LPU in SoCal Inland Empire Justwingit Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Jul 08, 2012 06:27 PM
Question 1400mm FMS Hellcat or 1400mm FMS Zero? lendwaym Electric Warbirds 7 May 13, 2012 10:27 PM