Oct 25, 2012, 03:31 PM
why am i here???????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaluf
The update to 6.5 is free to all that already own RealFlight 6. Those that downloaded the beta version will not have revert back to RealFlight 6, they will just download the final release version of RealFlight when it becomes available. The beta version of RealFlight 6.5 is only available to those that currently have RealFlight 6.

It's best to keep RealFlight up to date. With 6 we started doing free updates almost monthly that included new flying sites and aircraft. Additionally, you will typically get a reduced price on upgrades when you own the most current product.
i know i should keep up to date but with these being released so often i cannot keep spending 50 bucks at a time on a 200 dollar program. cause i have very little money and its hard to keep up with this program since its being released so fast. ive been using rf g5 that ive upgraded to g5.5 for free since g5.5 came out and i really cant see spending another 50 bucks everytime another new version comes out. thats why im just gonna wait and get an upgrade disk every couple of releases so it does not get very expensive for me.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 25, 2012, 06:53 PM
Last edited by Skaluf; Oct 26, 2012 at 08:01 AM.
Oct 25, 2012, 09:04 PM
$35 for the RF6/6.5 upgrade? Where?
Oct 25, 2012, 09:21 PM
why am i here???????
i have to gree with jeffpn. where can i get the upgrade for 35 bucks. ccause the upgrade disk for rf6 at my lhs would cost 50 bucks.
Oct 26, 2012, 08:02 AM
I apologize your are absolutely correct. I had the Mega Packs in mind when I typed that.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by traxxas13
i have to gree with jeffpn. where can i get the upgrade for 35 bucks. ccause the upgrade disk for rf6 at my lhs would cost 50 bucks.
Oct 26, 2012, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaluf
I apologize your are absolutely correct. I had the Mega Packs in mind when I typed that.

Steve
If you want the most killer deal ever on some of the expansions check this:
http://secure.hobbyzone.com/catalog/...PMZ4113-6.html

Expansions 3-6 (so 4 total) for only $40! They are normally ~$30 each. HobbyZone is moving warehouses right now so pretty sure he's trying to clear out some old merchandise so he won't have to move it.
Oct 26, 2012, 09:16 AM
That's a good deal!!
Oct 26, 2012, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpn
That's a good deal!!
Just went out of stock, glad I ordered yesterday.
Oct 27, 2012, 09:56 AM

Lost G4 Disks

I have been away from the hobby for awhile and during that time I lost all but Disk 4 of the Realflight G4 Simulator. To upgrade to 6 or 6.5, do I need the disk or can I just buy the upgrade and use my Interlink Elite controller, which I still have. I have the box and controller, just can't find all of the disk.

Any help is appreciated.
Oct 27, 2012, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerMagic 2012
I have been away from the hobby for awhile and during that time I lost all but Disk 4 of the Realflight G4 Simulator. To upgrade to 6 or 6.5, do I need the disk or can I just buy the upgrade and use my Interlink Elite controller, which I still have. I have the box and controller, just can't find all of the disk.

Any help is appreciated.
When I reinstalled my computer I know I didn't re-install G5 before installing the RF6 upgrade. However I did re-enter my registration e-mail / password I used before so it's possible that their servers cached the status that I did a valid upgrade in the past. So I would say most likely you don't need the discs for the old version but no promises. Honestly I think all it really cares about is that it's able to authenticate a unique RF serial number and interlink to just you.
Oct 27, 2012, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerMagic 2012

Any help is appreciated.
Like grim was surmising, all you need is the Interlink (and it's serial number). The upgrade version is standalone software. It will have it's own serial number.
Oct 29, 2012, 05:44 PM
Andres
Thread OP
Yes, I think you will have no problem upgrading w/o your old disk. I have upgraded from RF5 to RF6 without having to use my RF5 disk.

-joker
Oct 29, 2012, 07:13 PM
No need for voting. He will not have a problem, as long as he has the Interlink.
Oct 29, 2012, 08:33 PM
Is the upgrade available at retail? If the thread mentioned it I'm blind (prolly why I'm a horrible pilot)
Oct 29, 2012, 09:18 PM
Probably not at retail quite yet. The official download release is up though:
http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29068

YIPEE

Quick Reply