Originally Posted by madsci_guy
Nope.
YOUR record

Clear now
Oct 09, 2012, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE
1 HOW MANY ?

2 But he's a Mormon - WHAT did he champion - creationism ?
Quote:
When interest groups wanted him to delay or make exceptions to the law’s requirement that high school students, starting in 2003, pass tests in English and math in order to graduate, Romney refused to back down. He threatened to cut off tens of millions of dollars in education funding to New Bedford when its mayor announced that the local high school would grant diplomas to all seniors, regardless of whether they passed the tests.

Under Romney’s watch, a science test was eventually added as a graduation requirement. And the bar for what counted as a passing score also rose.
“There’s no question that some of the things he wanted to do did not make it,” Peyser said. “But he did strengthen and affirm high standards in Massachusetts.”
Overall test scores grew incrementally during Romney’s tenure. The achievement of non-native English speakers — a demographic whose progress Romney targeted during his gubernatorial campaign against bilingual education — barely budged.

Tacy Jan, Boston Globe July 2, 2012
Oct 09, 2012, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashdummy6
I take it all back - he seems most balanced on education then

Now how about the economy - foreign policy - the military - the deficit - jobs -the poor - welfare - Romney (erm I mean Obama...) care and all
Oct 09, 2012, 04:05 PM
So far as I know, President Obama will only be involved in two debates. So it is not likely that he will lose three.
Oct 09, 2012, 04:08 PM
Figure Nine Champ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Thomerson
So far as I know, President Obama will only be involved in two debates. So it is not likely that he will lose three.
http://www.2012presidentialelectionn...bate-schedule/
Quote:
October 3 Participants: President Barack Obama and Governor Mitt Romney
October 16 Participants: President Barack Obama and Governor Mitt Romney
October 22 Participants: President Barack Obama and Governor Mitt Romney
Oct 09, 2012, 04:09 PM
So that is just TWO more then
Oct 09, 2012, 04:13 PM
Figure Nine Champ
Quote:
So that is just TWO more then
The consensus was that he was whomped badly on the first one.

Oct 09, 2012, 04:16 PM
Quote:

True enough

So to lose three he'd have to lose the next TWO

Which is where Jim came in with his post (assumed...)

And which he's unlikely to do (small point) but that's where the OP came in with his thread (assumed)!
Oct 09, 2012, 04:21 PM
Figure Nine Champ
What Jim said,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Thomerson
Oct 09, 2012, 04:30 PM
Quote:
What Jim said,
Yup - we all agree he chose not to get 'involved' in the first one
Oct 09, 2012, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492
I expect Obama to come out swinging. He has been taking an absolute beating from the last debate and the polls are showing it. He needs to worry that he comes out looking too aggressive and looks fake or rude. He has put himself in a tough spot.
Well, he (Obama) has no one to blame but himself, he was ill prepared and simply never took Romney seriously or to task, including all of Romneys flip flopping on critical issues. Romney during the debate became the conservative "moderate" of sorts and I think that would also worry the hardline republicans.
Oct 09, 2012, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libelle201B
Well, he (Obama) has no one to blame but himself, he was ill prepared and simply never took Romney seriously or to task, including all of Romneys flip flopping on critical issues. Romney during the debate became the conservative "moderate" of sorts and I think that would also worry the hardline republicans.

Correct - few did - it bit him once - it won't next time!
Oct 09, 2012, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Correct - few did - it bit him once - it won't next time!
I hope you are correct. On another issue although the right doesn't mention it, Romney has pulled a fast one on the hard liners that nominated him, he has as some predicted flip flopped from the hard line conservative during the nomination process to now a R moderate in order to get the votes of those undecided independent voters, voters that would have never voted for the "other" Romney. These independents should be asking themselves, if I vote for Romney will he become the hard line conservative I don't want or the moderate conservative, no guarantee either way based on his flip flopping history.
Oct 09, 2012, 04:56 PM
Romney confused Obama - he confused the heck out of the GOP faithful (still does...) and he confused the polls!

He's 'confusing' ain't he
Oct 09, 2012, 04:59 PM
Thread OP
Quote:

I think his look here is of shame. And he should be ashamed of what he has done to our country.

Quick Reply