The Military Supports Ronmey by a HUGE Margin - Page 4 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Oct 09, 2012, 01:48 PM
Registered User
ENGINETORQUE's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy
Fallacy of the excluded middle.

I agree with Tim, the military is overwhelmingly conservative.
Ooooooooooooh

New word

Overwhelmingly..........................noted

Depends on how easily one is 'overwhelmed' I guess..........
Oct 09, 2012, 01:49 PM
Figure Nine Champ
madsci_guy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE
Well it 'just isn't' and if you think it is and you work within military circles still, then you've not mixed in very wide circles is all I can think!

Plain and simple - you're wrong
He's right, you're wrong, it's as simple as that.
Oct 09, 2012, 01:50 PM
Figure Nine Champ
madsci_guy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE
Ooooooooooooh

New word

Overwhelmingly..........................noted

Depends on how easily one is 'overwhelmed' I guess..........
Emotional content, 6/10
Logical content, 0/10
Oct 09, 2012, 01:51 PM
Mr Mootsie
Mr Mootsie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE
Ooooooooooooh

New word

Overwhelmingly..........................noted

Depends on how easily one is 'overwhelmed' I guess..........
you must be missing the part where I said I do this every day and have for 30 years.
Oct 09, 2012, 01:52 PM
Registered User
ENGINETORQUE's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy
He's right, you're wrong, it's as simple as that.
No he's not - but he's putting up a reasonable fight so kudos to him for that at least

But wrong is still wrong!
Oct 09, 2012, 01:52 PM
Registered User
ENGINETORQUE's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Jonas
you must be missing the part where I said I do this every day and have for 30 years.
And you're missing my part where I said, 'and you need to cast the net a tad wider'
Oct 09, 2012, 01:57 PM
Mr Mootsie
Mr Mootsie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE
And you're missing my part where I said, 'and you need to cast the net a tad wider'
the program I run for the Air Force is a Joint Program. I am in contact officially and unofficially with every branch of the service every day. Couple that with the fact that I am an American, and that I served, and that I live here, I'm betting my statistical sample is larger and of more consequence than yours. Of course, you can post your emoticons to sway other readers. Especially the sunglasses one...that usually is the tiebreaker.
Oct 09, 2012, 01:58 PM
Registered User
ENGINETORQUE's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Jonas
the program I run for the Air Force is a Joint Program. I am in contact officially and unofficially with every branch of the service every day. Couple that with the fact that I am an American, and that I served, and that I live here, I'm betting my statistical sample is larger and of more consequence than yours. Of course, you can post your emoticons to sway other readers. Especially the sunglasses one...that usually is the tiebreaker.
You can claim all of those things and it still doesn't make you 'insightful' nor 'perceptive' does it
Oct 09, 2012, 02:00 PM
Mr Mootsie
Mr Mootsie's Avatar
sure. As long as it makes you feel better about being you, think what you want.
Oct 09, 2012, 02:07 PM
Registered User
BushmanLA's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE
B/S


I've worked long and hard with the US Military - the last lot were Texan's and they still didn't fall under your catch all 'conservative' B/S claim!
No one really believes anything you say anymore.
Oct 09, 2012, 02:12 PM
Figure Nine Champ
madsci_guy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE
No he's not - but he's putting up a reasonable fight so kudos to him for that at least

But wrong is still wrong!
And you are wrong.

You know Tim's experience. Mine is 4 years USAF enlisted, then over 20 years during the last 30, designing military communications equipment. I've dealt with E-1 to O-7 military during that time, and every one that expressed an opinion were all conservative.
Oct 09, 2012, 02:15 PM
It's the Water!
NWarty's Avatar
Huh ET,
I'm active military also with 15+ years in. The military is conservative and a bear does indeed poop in the woods.
Oct 09, 2012, 02:27 PM
Bagpipes spoken here
Pipemajor's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy
And you are wrong.

You know Tim's experience. Mine is 4 years USAF enlisted, then over 20 years during the last 30, designing military communications equipment. I've dealt with E-1 to O-7 military during that time, and every one that expressed an opinion were all conservative.
Well I did 5 years active (commissioned) followed by 4 years reserve and managed a joint program where USAF was lead.

Professional officer corps conservative, yeah but our "citizen soldiers" reflect society in general.

Witness the number of minorities, women and non-citizens now serving.

A significant number of recent combat vets have entered politics - as Democrats.
Oct 09, 2012, 02:29 PM
Figure Nine Champ
madsci_guy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipemajor
Witness the number of minorities, women and non-citizens now serving.
And therefore, they must be Obama supporters?

Racist, and misogynist are the terms that come to mind about that attitude.
Oct 09, 2012, 02:31 PM
Figure Nine Champ
madsci_guy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipemajor
A significant number of recent combat vets have entered politics - as Democrats.
Yah, you see a couple of Kerry's... er. Kennedy's now and then.

My congressman.

http://samjohnson.house.gov/

Quote:
Sam Johnson, a decorated war hero and native Texan, ranks among the few Members of Congress to fight in combat. During his 29-year career in the U.S. Air Force, Representative Johnson flew combat missions in both the Korean and Vietnam Wars. He endured nearly seven years as a Prisoner of War in Hanoi, including 42 months in solitary confinement. Following his distinguished military career, Sam established a home-building business in North Dallas from scratch and served in the Texas State legislature.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Careful! Lied to by HobbyKing Support... billturnbull Vendor Talk 8 Apr 03, 2012 05:22 AM
For Sale fs a military drone jet ,, its huge 25 pluss shippin kgn831aa Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 6 Oct 12, 2009 09:56 AM
Discussion Huge embassy and 4 permanent military bases in Iraq. Azimov Life, The Universe, and Politics 15 Jun 12, 2007 08:42 PM
Has Kerry ever voted to support the military? Spadplanter Life, The Universe, and Politics 6 Aug 07, 2004 11:47 AM