Oct 08, 2012, 12:04 PM
Thread OP
Help!

Orange RX Fasst compatible range issue

Hi guys
i m the regular user of this forum find this forum as a track of help n info.
here is my question/situation face with one of orange Fasst compatible rx.
i m owning Futaba 10CAG transmitter n have two orange fassat compatible rx with me using on 46 size cherokee and oxylous. one is work fine with i use on oxylous. but the second one which i bought about 2 month back n using on Cherokee have range issue. i check the range on powerdown mode n work fine but when i take of the plane n it went about 500m away from me i lost contact with the plane result crash. i talk to frsky regarding this but they did not help ful for me. can u people tell me any thing that i check to resolve the problem.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 08, 2012, 02:47 PM
Antennas tend to unplug from the receiver board due to vibrations.
Open receiver, check if the antennas are still well fitted, secure them with a drop of hotglue, and enlarge receiver case antenna exit holes, to remove any mechanical tension that could exist and put a force on antenna plug.
But, if range check of both receivers returned the same range, at least 50 meters, then the problem is in your model setup.
I already posted here on this subject, the 90 degrees rule is highly misunderstood. For example, placing one antenna along a wing, the other along the fuselage and Tx antenna vertically is a guaranteed recipe for lost link in some hundred meters.
Oct 09, 2012, 02:11 AM
Thread OP
i will check this for u and please adviec then what would be the best place to set the rx antennas in our model as in my case i put the antenna one is along with wing n second is along fuse.
Oct 09, 2012, 02:28 AM
In this case, whatever you fly place the Tx antenna also horizontal, i.e. pointing lateral left or right.
Oct 09, 2012, 02:43 AM
Thread OP
can u explain by a picture plz
Oct 09, 2012, 11:26 PM
Thread OP
@Renatoa
i did open the rx n check its antennas but both or fitted well n also i un plug and re connect them so there is no issue of antenna please advice what to do cant return the rx back to hobby king
Oct 09, 2012, 11:37 PM
If both receivers, tested side by side give you the same distance in reduced power range check mode, then the only reason I can think is how antennas are mounted in the plane, and plane build (any carbon?)
For a good return policy, next time no more buy from hk, if in US you have a good local seller, alofthobbies, offering at hk prices a lot more support.
Oct 15, 2012, 10:48 AM
Thread OP
yesterday i did check the both Orange rx side by side in Powerdown mode to check its range n the both rx hv different range not the same the first one which had the problem has low range while the other have long n the difference about 50M i was walk away form the models about 100 m while the first one start glitches from 30 M and stop responding at about 55 to 60M while the other still in contact with the rx while i was at 100M away from the Model.

i place my model away from my vehicle (from metal) and both model are made by Ply n balsa. model are about 2 feet Ht from the Ground. now tell me what next
Oct 15, 2012, 11:20 AM
Then you might have an antenna issue the most probably...
No signs of the antenna wire due to a past bending over a sharp edge ?
I would replace both antennas, they are too cheap for guesses.

Quick Reply