my rolls are to slow - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 07, 2012, 05:01 PM
Discussion

my rolls are to slow

flying a crank yak, i think my rolls are to slow. what can i do to speed them up? thanks.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 07, 2012, 05:42 PM
Drone offender FA377YHFNC
You can increase aileron deflection, increase the size of your ailerons or fly faster. Mix and match as you find necessary.
Oct 07, 2012, 06:34 PM
CP heli ≠ 3D heli
When you roll, add rudder to the same direction and a little elevator. It will not be very aligned, but your barrels will be fast as hell.
Oct 09, 2012, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedexas
When you roll, add rudder to the same direction and a little elevator. It will not be very aligned, but your barrels will be fast as hell.
sounds like a snap roll
Oct 09, 2012, 05:26 PM
You can't take the sky from me
If you are fighting adverse yaw adding a little rudder will make it faster. increasing the throw may help but you do reach a point of diminishing returns. You should try adding a little rudder and see what that does before changing throw. If you do decide to add throw, do it in small increments until you don't see much change. I wouldn't go past 45 degrees throw though.
Oct 09, 2012, 07:40 PM
CP heli ≠ 3D heli
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtbates
sounds like a snap roll
I guess that's what it's called. I always assumed that a snap roll starts out horizontal and ends up vertical with the plane rapidly changing direction, but I may be wrong.