New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:49 PM
lilvinz is offline
Find More Posts by lilvinz
Registered User
lilvinz's Avatar
New Product

DIY OpenPilot based FlightControl reloaded (F3)


Hi there,

have a look at my port of the OpenPilot firmware to the stm32f3 discovery board:
https://github.com/lilvinz/OpenPilot...-this-is-about

More information can be found in the wiki:
https://github.com/lilvinz/OpenPilot/wiki

There is also some video footage of the first flight here:
https://github.com/lilvinz/OpenPilot...iscovery-flies

Cheers,

Vinz
Last edited by lilvinz; Oct 23, 2012 at 12:31 PM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2012, 03:16 PM
titeuf007 is offline
Find More Posts by titeuf007
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilvinz View Post
Hi there,

have a look at my port of the OpenPilot firmware to the stm32f3 discovery board:
https://github.com/lilvinz/OpenPilot...-this-is-about

More information can be found in the wiki:
https://github.com/lilvinz/OpenPilot/wiki

There is also some video footage of the first flight here:
https://github.com/lilvinz/OpenPilot...iscovery-flies

Cheers,

Vinz

very very good
Old Oct 07, 2012, 03:24 PM
robert b is offline
Find More Posts by robert b
Registered User
full ack.
need to check how to get hands on one of these boards.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 04:32 PM
msev is offline
Find More Posts by msev
Registered User
Awesome Vinz you did it again! Very nice, now I'll every day refresh farnell page so I'll see when stm32f3discovery arrives in stock ..

In the second flight yaw was very "locked in" , even without the magnetometer, very nice... Very clean installation also.

Congratulations again and thank you for sharing!
Last edited by msev; Oct 07, 2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 04:38 PM
lilvinz is offline
Find More Posts by lilvinz
Registered User
lilvinz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by msev View Post
In the second flight was the magnetometer turned on, since the yaw was very "locked in" ...
No, the code only uses the l3gd20 gyro and the accel part of the lsm303.
I was flying in attitude mode.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 04:42 PM
lilvinz is offline
Find More Posts by lilvinz
Registered User
lilvinz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by msev View Post
Congratulations again and thank you for sharing!
You should thank OpenPilot as well!
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:14 PM
msev is offline
Find More Posts by msev
Registered User
Thanks Openpilot lol
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:30 PM
kinderkram is offline
Find More Posts by kinderkram
OS Sponsor
kinderkram's Avatar
Good job, Vinz!

Amazing what a 10 bucks board can do. Your second flight looked pretty stable.

OpenPilot DiscoveryF3 second flight (1 min 10 sec)


Maybe someone will design a nice bob/shield based on your pinout:
https://github.com/lilvinz/OpenPilot...pin-assignment

Soldering pins and headers is an easy task for most of us - but that tiny spaghetti wiring...
How do you protect them?
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:35 PM
lilvinz is offline
Find More Posts by lilvinz
Registered User
lilvinz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram View Post
Amazing what a 10 bucks board can do. Your second flight looked pretty stable.
And that was OpenPilot stock PID settings. In the first video i had some
PIDs from another model loaded onto the board which were too high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram View Post
Soldering pins and headers is an easy task for most of us - but that tiny spaghetti wiring...
How do you protect them?
Im using http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnet_wire.

I know its not perfect and i already had a short on two of the pwm outputs...
Last edited by lilvinz; Oct 07, 2012 at 05:59 PM.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:30 PM
Phalanx-0 is offline
Find More Posts by Phalanx-0
Hulk likes flying things
Phalanx-0's Avatar
Wow that is stable.
It flys exactly like my Naze32.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:01 AM
JUERGEN_ is offline
Find More Posts by JUERGEN_
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
JUERGEN_'s Avatar




solder can be very nice.
solderable polyurethane insulation.
-> www.reichelt.de/3/index.html?;ARTICLE=55443

Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:01 PM
msev is offline
Find More Posts by msev
Registered User
Now add a baro and show us how it holds altitude, wait thats revo code right, so won't be yet include until official release right?

Btw do you maybe have a flying wing or something to show us how it looks on a plane

Farnell still doesn't have stock :/ hehee
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:30 PM
robert b is offline
Find More Posts by robert b
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by msev View Post
Now add a baro and show us how it holds altitude, wait thats revo code right, so won't be yet include until official release right?

Btw do you maybe have a flying wing or something to show us how it looks on a plane

Farnell still doesn't have stock :/ hehee
give yourself a try
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:35 PM
msev is offline
Find More Posts by msev
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert b View Post
give yourself a try
Yeah I will but I'm waiting for Farnell
Old Oct 08, 2012, 04:39 PM
robert b is offline
Find More Posts by robert b
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by msev View Post
Yeah I will but I'm waiting for Farnell
ditto


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product DIY OpenPilot based FlightControl (F4) lilvinz Multirotor Electronics 271 Jan 04, 2015 06:58 AM
Sold High quality DIY openpilot-compatible controller kanchana Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 43 Oct 21, 2012 11:56 AM
New Product zeroGravity - An STM32 Flightcontroller based on PIPO32 hardware Jessestr Multirotor Talk 40 Jun 25, 2012 09:18 PM
For Sale High quality DIY openpilot-compatible controller kanchana Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 0 May 27, 2012 04:46 AM