Old Oct 06, 2012, 05:54 PM
Find More Posts by cvcby
Help!

mSR x battery won't last .... seems to be a motor issue

Hi,

I took apart my mSR x, I needed to change swashplate.

Since I reassemble it, it is eating the battery like crazy, after 1:30 min to max 2:30min there is not enough juice left to get it to climb!

I tried with four E-flite 150mah/25C, all bought at different times. Just in case, I bought a brand new E-flite, did the same. I also tried with Turnigy Nano 160mah/25C (5 of them).

They all do the same, 2:30 min of flight time max. I used to do 5 min.

I have no clue of what can cause this.

Any suggestion?

P.S. Please do not pollute the thread if you have no clue. Thanks
Last edited by cvcby; Dec 10, 2012 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Error in title
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:10 PM
Find More Posts by X_Copter
Yeah, that looks about right..
try charging the batteries in a different charger
Old Oct 14, 2012, 08:46 PM
Find More Posts by cvcby
Quote:
Originally Posted by camera361 View Post
Thanks, will try it.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 01:55 PM
Find More Posts by cvcby
Quote:
Originally Posted by camera361 View Post
I tried this, same issue.

However, if I try the same batteries in a MSR, it will last 5 to 6 min no problem! Exact same battery will do 2 min max on the MSR X.

Christian
Old Oct 28, 2012, 03:27 PM
Find More Posts by rnettles
Citizen 46
How old is the motor? One of the early symptoms of a dieing motor, in addition to less power, is shorter flight times.

You might want to change it out and see what happens. You will need a spare eventually.
Last edited by rnettles; Oct 28, 2012 at 05:48 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 05:03 PM
Find More Posts by Air Vaca
A dying tail motor will rob time from your flight, too.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:51 PM
Find More Posts by cvcby

Blade mSR X motor defect

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnettles View Post
...One of the early symptoms of a dieing motor, in addition to less power, is shorter flight times.

Hi,I have put the mSR X on the side for a while and started to fly a mSR and a nCP x to realize that the same batteries will easily do 6+ minutes in a mSR and 5 min in the nCP x.

I wrote to Horizon Hobby (HH), and they tell me:
"These are brushed motors. They will need replacing. As the brushed motor is used the internal bushes will wear down. When this happens it will get a loss of rpm, motor might get hot and shut down. This is normal it is not a defect in the motors."
Well, NO IT IS NOT NORMAL, the mSR X was less than a month old when it started and I probably flew a total around 25 flights of 4 min.

I looked around, and quickly found that there are many complaints similar of defective motors after less than 2 hours of flight.

Will wait to see what HH will answer back.