New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by wdelarme, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 08, 2012, 07:30 AM
Trader Rating: 35
After trying the cheaper boards in my opinion the naza is the way to go. I have no depth perception so I need all the help I can get

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavinxman View Post
Great idea and with the lining . If I go the naza set up and not wii or kk2 I'd definitely get 2 !!!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 08, 2012, 10:23 AM
Trader Rating: 14

I would buy 2

with the copper lining
Oct 08, 2012, 01:15 PM
Trader Rating: 1
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10561
Oct 08, 2012, 01:35 PM
Trader Rating: 94
Pass me some zip-ties!
Sorry wdelarme, guess I started something with the Copper Shielding.

That tape would be too thin width-wise. I won't post an alternative though because this is wdelarme's thread. Up to him.
Oct 08, 2012, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansAuf View Post
Sorry wdelarme, guess I started something with the Copper Shielding.

That tape would be too thin width-wise. I won't post an alternative though because this is wdelarme's thread. Up to him.
I have ordered 2 inch copper EMI shielding to start adding to the protectors if requested for $15.00. It is the same stuff used for guitars for emi so it should work great for the emi on a multirotor

I should be able to ship these in a week (Depends on when I get the copper) If you want the shielded please make sure to put that in the paypal payment and remember with shieding the cost is $15.00 still free ship in USA
Last edited by wdelarme; Oct 08, 2012 at 03:11 PM.
Oct 08, 2012, 03:10 PM
Trader Rating: 94
Pass me some zip-ties!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdelarme View Post
I have ordered 2 inch copper EMI shielding to start adding to the protectors if requested for $15.00. It is the same stuff used for guitars for emi so it should work great for the emi on a multirotor....
Perfect. That is exactly the stuff I used. Ordered two more of these from you just now.
Oct 08, 2012, 04:49 PM
Trader Rating: 1
yea I think I will go with the lining ; ) and I was not trying to step on anyones toes with that post sorry
Oct 08, 2012, 04:56 PM
Thats fine just make sure if you order to please make sure you say you want it lined in the paypal payment

Quote:
Originally Posted by james sowell View Post
yea I think I will go with the lining ; ) and I was not trying to step on anyones toes with that post sorry
Oct 08, 2012, 05:10 PM
Trader Rating: 11
Registered Abuser
Is there a threaded insert in the pedestal? If not, how does it mount?
Oct 08, 2012, 05:13 PM
It comes with a bolt already in top and bottom...The cup/gaurd needs to be installed (I had to do this because USPS was breaking them when I assembled them before shipment)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostheli View Post
Is there a threaded insert in the pedestal? If not, how does it mount?
Oct 08, 2012, 05:24 PM
This is how mine is mounted. I drilled a hole in the bottom plate big enough to put the allen wrench and the bolt through then screwed it in the top plate

Name: 2012-10-08 17.18.08.jpg
Views: 108
Size: 108.4 KB
Description:

Name: 2012-10-08 17.15.31.jpg
Views: 111
Size: 234.4 KB
Description:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdelarme View Post
It comes with a bolt already in top and bottom...The cup/gaurd needs to be installed (I had to do this because USPS was breaking them when I assembled them before shipment)
Oct 11, 2012, 09:06 PM
Trader Rating: 3
Looks good, different than I thought.
I will be ordering a few like 2-3 because well I crash...lol
I think you should make it standard $15 with shield.
Because almost everyone needs the shield for FPV whether they know it or not.
I wonder if theres a way you could embed the shield in the plastic?
That would be cool.I've seen nuts and even bolts embedded in 3D printed parts.
Dec 29, 2012, 04:27 PM
Trader Rating: 7
I got to see one of the gps protectors yesterday. You got money.

Thanks

Kenny
Jan 20, 2013, 08:48 AM
Trader Rating: 0

Gps

Are the protector still available? Looks like aworth while investment
Jan 20, 2013, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vstrike View Post
Are the protector still available? Looks like aworth while investment
I print all of this stuff It always takes me about 8 hours to get more in stock of anything I make. Unless I run out of ABS plastic