What 3D plane for 6s 4000mAh Lipo ?? - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Oct 06, 2012, 08:32 AM
Yes, I know it's upside down.
Discussion

What 3D plane for 6s 4000mAh Lipo ??


Hi guys,

I've been flying a Piaget and Parkmaster for a couple of years, and now want to get more serious with my 3D flying and get a decent plank. I want to standardise on 4000mAh 6s lipo, since that is what I use in both my 550 and 700 size helis.

So, what are the options for a 3D plane if I want to use 4000mAh 6s? (Or am I just being silly. Don't answer that!!)

Thanks,
Harrow.
Last edited by Harrow; Oct 06, 2012 at 08:38 AM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 06, 2012, 08:45 AM
This is NOT a TOY?
C_Watkins's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrow
Hi guys,

I've been flying a Piaget and Parkmaster for a couple of years, and now want to get more serious with my 3D flying and get a decent plank. I want to standardise on 4000mAh 6s lipo, since that is what I use in both my 550 and 700 size helis.

So, what are the options for a 3D plane if I want to use 4000mAh 6s? (Or am I just being silly. Don't answer that!!)

Thanks,
Harrow.
Perfect battery for any of the 60-64" Extreme Flight planes.
So it's just a matter of picking beteen an Edge, Extra or MXS.
Oct 06, 2012, 10:46 AM
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
Extreme Flight 64'' MXS!
Oct 06, 2012, 11:11 AM
Team Extreme Flight
Doc Austin's Avatar
I'm flying 6s 3850 packs in both my 60" Extra EXP and MXS EXP, and they carry the weight extremely well. The weight is no problem at all.
Oct 06, 2012, 01:16 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
theKM's Avatar
6S 4000mah... super sweet lightweight setups in 70" planes...

65" 3DHS Vyper (perfect pack for that)
70" 3DHS Velox
72" 3DHS Extra
72" 3DHS Extra

...took the 74" Edge off the table as the lightweight pack will be harder to balance the plane, all the others though, epic. Velox and Vyper, that's the ideal pack, perfect.
Oct 06, 2012, 01:39 PM
Irg
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Irg's Avatar
here is the 72 Extra on a 6s 4000. nice and floaty for sure.
72" Extra 330SC over NJ (5 min 53 sec)
Latest blog entry: turbo bushmaster
Oct 06, 2012, 04:01 PM
Сделайте Америку Великой Снова
7oneWo1f's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er
Extreme Flight 64'' MXS!
+1.

By many accounts, the best 60" plane available. (I prefer the way mine flies without the racing wingtips, though they look cool).

Check my blog for a video of the MXS flying with 4000 mah 6S batteries.
Oct 06, 2012, 05:49 PM
Yes, I know it's upside down.
Thanks guys!!! I'm really happy that the battery size seems to hit the sweet spot for a nice size plane.

Just wondering, are the larger planes easier to 3D than smaller planes? (ie. more time to think and better behaved, like larger helis?)
Last edited by Harrow; Oct 06, 2012 at 05:54 PM.
Oct 06, 2012, 10:23 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
theKM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrow
Thanks guys!!! I'm really happy that the battery size seems to hit the sweet spot for a nice size plane.

Just wondering, are the larger planes easier to 3D than smaller planes? (ie. more time to think and better behaved, like larger helis?)
yes in general. Can also make a larger plane more floaty, larger planes also handle the wind better, etc etc. the 6s 4000 is about the right mass for the Velox and Vyper for a lighter feel. Vyper for precision bias, Velox for a 3D bias... even more floaty for the 72 Extra that IRG shows above
Oct 07, 2012, 04:51 AM
Team Hillbilly (UK)
Space Bat's Avatar
I think the main thing is that whatever your choice you can't go wrong with either Extreme Flight or 3DHS - excellent companies with high pedigree and design excellence....

Enjoy
Oct 09, 2012, 01:00 AM
TEAM EXTREME!
danielph's Avatar
The new Extreme Flight 64" MXS is THE airplane for those batteries! This and the Extreme Flight 60" Extra are my two favorite electrics hands down! The 64" MXS is a little more airplane though and with the new version Torque motor, 6s, 4,000mah packs are perfect!
EXTREME FLIGHT 64'' MXS EXP.mp4 (7 min 28 sec)
Oct 09, 2012, 01:18 AM
Сделайте Америку Великой Снова
7oneWo1f's Avatar
Man I enjoy watching that video! My son has figured out how to do that vertical rolling figure 8 in the sim and is going to try it on his 48" Extra.
Oct 09, 2012, 02:56 AM
Yes, I know it's upside down.
Well, I've made up my mind. An EF 64" MXS and a 3DHS 72" Extra.

Thanks guys.
Oct 09, 2012, 09:03 AM
This is NOT a TOY?
C_Watkins's Avatar
Sweet!
Haven't flown that particular 3DHS plane, but the other 3DHS Extra's I've flown flew very well.
Doing 12s on that one?

The MXS is definitely an awesome plane. Anxious to see your thoughts on that one.
Oct 09, 2012, 10:36 AM
Team Extreme Flight
Doc Austin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielph
The new Extreme Flight 64" MXS is THE airplane for those batteries! This and the Extreme Flight 60" Extra are my two favorite electrics hands down! The 64" MXS is a little more airplane though and with the new version Torque motor, 6s, 4,000mah packs are perfect!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlsOG...2&feature=plcp
I gotta get me one of those.

Oh, wait.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted 6s LiPo 4000mah or similar 40 or 50C baddb1 Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 0 Aug 12, 2012 11:22 AM
Sold (2) 6S, 40C, 4000mah LiPo's ($45 each) Boomkidd Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 3 May 23, 2012 08:21 PM
Sold Gens Ace 6s 4000mah 25c lipos X 2 for 75$ priority shipped flyinryanflyin Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 3 Jun 26, 2011 03:00 PM
Off Site MaxAmps 6S 22.2 volt 4000mah lipo Mike Palko Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 0 Dec 17, 2007 06:19 PM
For Sale RTF Great planes Ucando 3d 60 trade for 6s lipo/century 600+/80-100a esc Eeeeky Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 May 31, 2007 12:11 PM