This thread is privately moderated by Sell...er, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 05, 2012, 11:35 PM
Build Log

72'Jimmy Franklin Waco Jet Bipe

Sold the project,,,it was/is too big for my health,I would really have trouble getting it to the field and flying and recovering it,If it went down I dont have the breath to get it.

On to smaller things:"FOR SALE "FOR SALE"SOLD/sold
Starting a new build, a Kange Waco 72" span with a 6320 Dualsky power and a 64mmEDF ,scale repo of Jimmy Franklin's airshow plane when it was red & silver (The Red Rocket).
Jimmy Franklin and the RED ROCKET (7 min 41 sec)

Kange Kits are about the best quality you can find,Very complete,Very high quality hardware.
I will be putting on a EDF,maybe a 64mm size to duplicate his showplane before he painted it black & silver.Might use the 64 mm fan for scale reasons.
Not expecting much performance gains like he saw (His added 1600hp) to the already 400+ hp radial , but it should look and sound very neat.
Latter......................I have decided to use the 64mm Mercury I have, it is a little bit small but the 8 blade fan sound will be worth it,now to Westlake Hardware store for some ductwork..................Oh almost forgot,I have a Williams Bros Radial engine kit I can assemble and it should look very real..........williams kit to intricate for this,,ordered a TopFlite dummy engine for it,you can make them look good with some detailing

Aluminum ductwork to nsimulate the turbin setup on the Franklin Waco,,,,,hope I can make it look presentabile.
Last edited by Sell...er; Dec 03, 2012 at 04:34 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 13, 2012, 07:53 AM
Bellanca Kruesair
That big 'ol snarly,grumbling bipe is burned forever in my mind. What an exciting plane to watch !!!

Black and Silver when I last saw it at Frederick MD, (10?) years ago ?

When he wound up the Radial to fire the jet,it sounded like an AT-6 on takeoff..

I never thought the Waco was 'happy' with the jet,but like a faithful dog,she took it in stride.
Good luck with yer model..Earl
Latest blog entry: Shiny Paint
Oct 13, 2012, 08:15 AM
Wish I could have seen it in person,but,I know it must have been impresive!
Steve

Lucky we got video................
Oct 13, 2012, 05:16 PM
Bellanca Kruesair
Video can't duplicate the SOUND ! That airplane YELLED at you to "watch me "

At the top of a loop there were only echos and smoke-then a quick roll away from the crowd,and that exhaust roar raised the neck hairs.

RIP JImmy and Waco-so sad you're gone.
Latest blog entry: Shiny Paint
Oct 13, 2012, 05:20 PM
YES...........VERY impressive........................RIP