Oct 11, 2012, 08:18 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambientech
Here is an example of why I will never support abortion in any case other than rape. Anyone who says the fetus isn't a living human is lying to themselves.

http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/hughes/061018

Dr. Joseph Bruner, Director of Fetal Diagnosis and Treatment at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee, was performing surgery on a 21-week-old baby while he was still in his mother's womb to alleviate the effects of spina bifida.

When Dr. Bruner had made the incision for this extraordinary operation, baby Samuel reached his tiny hand out of the uterus and clutched Dr. Bruner's middle finger.
Great post. I'm worried the moderator will possibly not like it, but it doesn't look like it directly violates rules ................................
Oct 11, 2012, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli Lipschitz
Great post. I'm worried the moderator will possibly not like it, but it doesn't look like it directly violates rules ................................
I have no issue with it

But the photograph is clearly staged

In the time that event would have taken place, a photographer would have needed to be summoned - he (she) would have to assess the light - set the camera and take the snap!

It's a staged B/S pic

But I'm anti-abortion so careful how you interpret my post
Oct 11, 2012, 09:04 AM
Time for me to Fly...
That brings up an interesting question, ET. Is abortion legal in the UK and if so is the controversy over there roughly the same as you see it over here?
Oct 11, 2012, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wiz
That brings up an interesting question, ET. Is abortion legal in the UK and if so is the controversy over there roughly the same as you see it over here?
It's legal - up to 22 weeks (I think...) - anyway definitely legal!

It's just as divisive - you have the Catholics who are 'evangelistic' on same, along with contraception of course (yep - go figure that one out...) and then those like me who just don't see snuffing out a life as just or moral!

But legal it is and when it wasn't, women died at the hands of quacks, so it's a hard one!
Oct 11, 2012, 09:46 AM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
Mandatory sterilization is a better option. This eliminates operator error.
Oct 11, 2012, 09:58 AM
Time for me to Fly...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedStik
Mandatory sterilization is a better option. This eliminates operator error.
For who, men or women?
Oct 11, 2012, 10:11 AM
Time for me to Fly...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE
It's legal - up to 22 weeks (I think...) - anyway definitely legal!

It's just as divisive - you have the Catholics who are 'evangelistic' on same, along with contraception of course (yep - go figure that one out...) and then those like me who just don't see snuffing out a life as just or moral!

But legal it is and when it wasn't, women died at the hands of quacks, so it's a hard one!
I'm going to share a little of myself here. My son and his girlfriend had a baby boy about 11 months ago. When they first knew she was pregnant she was 17 and he was 18. They were both not the best of kids and I'm being kind here. At that time, I wanted them to have an abortion. My wife and I couldn't raise the kid and I didn't see them being decent parents at all. Her parents have some huge issues too. I was certain that the child would have been born into a horrible situation.

Today, my grandson is the most magical little guy you ever saw and I could hardly imagine us not having him now. The kids still aren't the best parents but we help out a lot and I think the little guy's life is going to be fairly normal.

So now, I look back at when I thought abortion was the right thing with shame and I'm just so happy they didn't take my advice. I'll never give that advice again. In fact, what I've done is decide that I'm a huge proponent for birth control but I no longer support abortion. I don't know if it's my place to try to have it made illegal. I'm not a woman and my body isn't affected but I'm certainly not going to speak out in favor of it ever again.

Mike
Oct 11, 2012, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wiz
I'm going to share a little of myself here. My son and his girlfriend had a baby boy about 11 months ago. When they first knew she was pregnant she was 17 and he was 18. They were both not the best of kids and I'm being kind here. At that time, I wanted them to have an abortion. My wife and I couldn't raise the kid and I didn't see them being decent parents at all. Her parents have some huge issues too. I was certain that the child would have been born into a horrible situation.

Today, my grandson is the most magical little guy you ever saw and I could hardly imagine us not having him now. The kids still aren't the best parents but we help out a lot and I think the little guy's life is going to be fairly normal.

So now, I look back at when I thought abortion was the right thing with shame and I'm just so happy they didn't take my advice. I'll never give that advice again. In fact, what I've done is decide that I'm a huge proponent for birth control but I no longer support abortion. I don't know if it's my place to try to have it made illegal. I'm not a woman and my body isn't affected but I'm certainly not going to speak out in favor of it ever again.

Mike

There you go

Different when it's personal - my pals wife had an abortion at his persuasion because they were young and broke - 35 years on she remembers it's mooted birthday!

I have a stepdaughter who wouldn't be here if her mum had taken that route

Quick Reply