This thread is privately moderated by Micubano, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 05, 2012, 10:08 AM
I fly things
Discussion

A Blade MQX, A Cheap 808 Cam and YouTube: Everything I need for a great afternoon.

Before leaving work yesterday, I looked out my window and noticed the rain had stopped. While walking to my car, I noticed the winds that had been battering the area for weeks now have stopped. By the time I got home, flying was all that is on my mind.

I am still hesitant to try the Blade SR until I get my DX6I. Just the sound of the rotors spinning on the SR is intimidating. Thanks to the LHS (Time Flys Hobbies) and their layaway policy, I should have the DX6I in about a month. Last night I decided to do the MQX since after replacing a broken arm and some blades is has become really stable.

My first flight was great, so for battery 2, I decided to stick my little camera on it and had a nice long run with some decent footage. I decided to post 2 versions of the footage. One with YouTube's auto stabilization and one without. If you are looking to just pop quick videos on YouTube like I do without much or any editing, try the YouTube editor and effects.

MQX Long Flight After The Rain - No YouTube Stabilization (5 min 25 sec)

MQX Long Flight After The Rain- With YouTube Stabilization (5 min 32 sec)

And those are with just some velcro stuck to the battery holder on the bottom. I may try something on top of the canopy soon. I just bought a lot of zip ties. At least that way I would not need to rotate the video when I am done.

It is looking pretty nice out right now and Venom has sent me a replacement ESC for my Gambler. I think tonight feels like a little racing on the ground against my son at the park after work. Maybe some MCX2 maneuvers before bed since all my lipos are charged.
Latest blog entry: E-Flite Cessna 150 Aerobat 250
to remove ads between posts
Oct 05, 2012, 08:34 PM
Mr. Magoo's Co-Pilot
Interesting effect, if it weren't for how the stabilization makes waver and move a bit