This thread is privately moderated by JamesNeal, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 11, 2012, 03:29 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
Quote:
Now, close this pitifully stalling thread.
Quite awhile ago, you likened this thread to beating a dead horse.

Now you come and contribute to it, and then call for it to be closed.

Bro, you got trolled. Hard.
Latest blog entry: Park pattern/pylon perfection!
Oct 11, 2012, 04:08 PM
QUOTE=Rockin Robbins;22974317]And to be fair, if something has a one in a thousand chance of happening, like the collision at an intersection, the math doesn't work out that it is a statistical certainty by 1,000 tries. It's closer to 2,000 tries before the bang is a statistical certainty. But in my example, instead of running 10 stop signs per day, the guy was running 50. He actually listened and changed his ways, unlike some of the people in this thread.

Risk tolerance is something we determine for ourselves. But we tend to do it poorly. We are all concerned about some things that don't happen very often, while we blow off lightning hazard, for instance, which kills 10,000 people a year. I assure you nobody in Florida, where I live, takes lightning lighrly. We are the lightning capital of the world.[/QUOTE]

Your facts and figures may prove something ,but there're to many variables, sure you lessen the chance of your milk carrier having a collision at a cross road by obeying a stop sign but you then increase the chance of some MoFo running up the rear of your stationary cart because it's stopped at a stop sign early in the morning
For every collision you prevent your precious statics will more than likely show a corresponding causation /increase in other accidents.
Oct 11, 2012, 04:13 PM
Respect my AUTHORIFLYHHHH !!
[QUOTE=jasmine2501;22972458], Clubs are the safest places to fly these things, period. That's why you should join one and fly there.QUOTE]

Oh yer dog, Clubfly looks well safe to me

Monster RC Airshow 2008 Turbine Jet Crash (4 min 52 sec)
Last edited by SouthParkflyer; Oct 12, 2012 at 03:41 AM.
Oct 11, 2012, 04:24 PM
Drone offender FA377YHFNC
Try puttin' some bait on that troll line there. Might catch someplin....
Oct 11, 2012, 07:11 PM
You can't take the sky from me
Participants (should) know the risks involved and have accepted said risks, generally within the confines of set minimum safety parameters. The uninitiated bystanders generally have no idea of the risks associated with model aircraft, from the near zero risk ofmicro foamies to the high risk of large IC aircraft, all most see are toy airplanes that look cool. Making the decision to expose bystanders to a level of risk they might otherwise not choose to accept is selfish and irresponsible. If/when an accident occurs it will fall, not just on the modeler involved, but all of modeling by proxy. I know this is mostly tongue-in-cheek (especially by the manner of speech used by SPF, which could be taken as offensive to a large population of Americans), but it can take on a life of its own if we are not careful.
Oct 11, 2012, 08:28 PM
Cleared for take off...
Looked like the guy hit by the stupidly large jet lived?!? How is that possible? He doesn't even appear as though he's slightly maimed? And I didn't see any ninja skillz being used to avoid the collision...Very lucky to be alive according to some on this thread...

#fanofninjaskillz
Oct 11, 2012, 08:47 PM
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
Quote:
Originally Posted by WitnessOnly
Looked like the guy hit by the stupidly large jet lived?!? How is that possible? He doesn't even appear as though he's slightly maimed? And I didn't see any ninja skillz being used to avoid the collision...Very lucky to be alive according to some on this thread...

#fanofninjaskillz
But HAD that jet fell out of the sky into a nose dive at full throttle and that guy been standing in the EXACT spot of impact, he could have died.
Oct 11, 2012, 09:12 PM
Cleared for take off...
Exactly!
Oct 11, 2012, 09:14 PM
Cleared for take off...
Quote:
Exactly!
Pesky statistical anomalies
Oct 11, 2012, 09:17 PM
Tellin' it like it is!
Thread OP
When I fly RC at the local park, people stop to watch and really enjoy it, often coming up to ask lots of questions. They don't scatter in fear for their safety, so I must be doing something right!
Oct 11, 2012, 09:30 PM
RCG -Minus Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by C₄H₁₀
Bro, you got trolled. Hard.
I did, and I liked it. Going with the "flow" gets rather boring...
Latest blog entry: Nall in the Fall '21
Oct 11, 2012, 11:12 PM
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
The only time other people(pilots) run for their lives is when we are all flying micros If you cant take out the the plane take out the pilot
Oct 12, 2012, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins
Hope you catch something for all that trolling.
You mean like one of your planes Bro After it shatters my windshield at a '"right angle" as I drive past your 'Safe as houses' club. There's always a chance it certainly might happen. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501
Clubs are the safest places to fly these things, period. That's why you should join one and fly there .
RC Jet takeoff and a faceplant (3 min 11 sec)

Gotta say dude Park fly's looking a lot safer this end
Last edited by SouthParkflyer; Oct 12, 2012 at 04:44 AM.
Oct 12, 2012, 03:47 AM
Quote:
Looked like the guy hit by the stupidly large jet lived?!? How is that possible? He doesn't even appear as though he's slightly maimed?
Brewski's !!
Oct 12, 2012, 05:58 AM
Cleared for take off...
If ever there was a time for a 7 paper number, it's straight after plowing a $25,000 A10 into the ground....

Should be SOP for every safety officers medikit.

#medicinalpurposesonly

Quick Reply