Beautiful Aeronca 11AC Chief in quarter Scale - RC Groups
Oct 04, 2012, 11:49 AM
Discussion

Beautiful Aeronca 11AC Chief in quarter Scale

This is the best model I've seen of the 11 series Aeronca... benefits from those long Norske winters up north. Very scale. The wheel pants aren't the old style,but other than that, no obvious issues.

check out::

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aeronca...in/photostream
to remove ads between posts
Oct 04, 2012, 04:42 PM
Zor
Zor
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeronca11AC
This is the best model I've seen of the 11 series Aeronca... benefits from those long Norske winters up north. Very scale. The wheel pants aren't the old style,but other than that, no obvious issues.

check out::

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aeronca...in/photostream
A super display of craftsmanship and pictures.

Many thanks.

Zor
Oct 04, 2012, 05:03 PM
Nice 11.
Oct 11, 2012, 10:57 AM
Thank you for the kind words about my Aeronca and an interesting point about the wheel pants.
It's true that the Wag-Aero wheel pants are old, but my wheel pants are actually older. They are made by the original Aeronca factory.
They are very rare today and you can't find them on many Aeroncas anymore.

Best regards,
Sturla Snorrason.

Last edited by sturla; Oct 11, 2012 at 01:17 PM.
Oct 12, 2012, 09:14 AM
Would you mind if I put this photo on RCScalebuilder? I'll re-direct inquiries to RCGroups. It is such a lovely 'build' and I can't believe you aren't getting more 'hits' than this. Of course, I'm biased! I really like Aeroncas- especially the 7AC.
Oct 14, 2012, 05:05 PM
ARUP, I don't mind if you put any photo from my Flickr page however the inquiries should rather be sent to sturlasnorrason@gmail.com because I am not active member on any forums or simply link http://www.flickr.com/photos/aeronca/

I can't promise to answer any inquiries posted on rcgroups or rcscalebuilder, but I can try. I'm glad more people like this work, thank you.

Best regards,
Sturla Snorrason.
Oct 16, 2012, 06:07 PM
Why has the Aeronca Chief two different types of the original metal wheel pants?
Did the '47 model come with more streamlined ?

Last edited by sturla; Oct 16, 2012 at 06:28 PM.
Jan 09, 2013, 09:24 PM

great chief plans

I just took a look at your Aeronca Chief plans on http://sturla.wix.com/aeroncachief#! and it's just what I've been looking for Good work! I've emailed you for more details.
Jan 10, 2013, 11:14 AM
Seeing that Aeronca "in the corn" made me miss mine.

http://www.popularaviation.com/PhotoGallery/3646.JPG

1938 KCA #19
Jan 12, 2013, 05:33 PM
Really beautiful. Did you notice the power? Saito 80. Almost everyone would tell you it wasn't enough power, but I bet it flies beautifully and very scale like with it.

Jim
Jan 14, 2013, 08:22 PM
Zor
Zor
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturla

Thank you for the kind words about my Aeronca and an interesting point about the wheel pants.
It's true that the Wag-Aero wheel pants are old, but my wheel pants are actually older. They are made by the original Aeronca factory.
They are very rare today and you can't find them on many Aeroncas anymore.

Best regards,
Sturla Snorrason.

Sturla,

If I may ask being very curious.
What is the car in the backgound?

It looks very much like the 1957 Buick Century I had from 1957 to 1969.

Thanks for any reply.

Zor
Jan 21, 2013, 09:29 AM
ARFs Are Me
Its a 1956 Chevy.
Jan 21, 2013, 07:46 PM
Bellanca Kruesair
Some one took the 'scale bull' by the horns on that one !

It stands the test of comparison against the full scale one very well.

It's funny -the repost- the day I start a scale project of my own here.

It's an inspiration to see a model that well done, and makes me want to do better.

Kudos to the builder.
Latest blog entry: Rut-roh !
Jan 21, 2013, 10:16 PM
Yes, that is a stunning example of craftsmanship of a beautiful, rarely modeled, fairly common subject. Not as common as a P-51 or a Cub but there are plenty of these full scale birds flying that just beggar to be modeled!
Jan 27, 2013, 01:29 AM
Nice chief dad had a champ first then a chief, it even had a working mcdowel starter you know the stick on the floor, 65 continental wheel pants wired for lights but had none and no electric it was a beautiful plane, I have a picture but not sure how to post on this site