Oct 04, 2012, 03:22 AM
Trader Rating: 15
Krueminator
Thread OP
Discussion

Selling Protocal

Wondering how the majority handles a sale. When you give someone your PP info, do you keep the item listed for sale, and deny that you made a deal with someone else until someone puts money in your account? Personally, I would post "sold pending funds". I would never give my PP info to three different people and tell them "whoever pays first", but some do. Understanding that a seller is free to sell as he wishes, I'm just looking for opinions on the most accepted way of doing it here. If you enter a deal with one buyer, is it ok to not tell the second person you give your PP info that you have another sale pending and agreed on? Do you guys go "first pay first serve", or is there an honor system that honest people try to go by here?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 04, 2012, 04:26 AM
Trader Rating: 77
It all depends, I usually go with first to ask for PayPal, then mark it sold pending funds. But there are times when I choose who to sell stuff to based on other factors, but I would never send my pp info to multiple people at one time, give the first guy a day or so then move on to the next person.
Garrett
Oct 04, 2012, 04:52 AM
Trader Rating: 36
GTH NFL
For me it depends as well. Normally, if I get an "I'll take it. Send me your PayPal" from a regular trader, I'll mark it SPF right away. Otherwise, I'll wait until the funds appear and then just mark it sold.

Garret makes a good point. You should deal with potential traders one at a time.
Oct 04, 2012, 05:28 AM
Trader Rating: 147
Bellanca Kruesair
That just worked for me-Saw an item I wanted-publicly PM'd to show I was first in line,then waited for seller's payment options.Paypal'd and done.

On selling-I had 3 buyers in four minutes-told them each the times they posted to me...I play fair,and don't want to offend anyone....Communication is the KEY!

I'll take checks,money orders,Walmart Instagrams,or Paypal..Paypal is good !

But we need to post"sold-pending funds"as a courtesy,or "sold" when complete.

There's an ad for an airplane kit still open,although it's been sold.Just close the thread,if nothing else.
Oct 04, 2012, 06:04 AM
SBP
Trader Rating: 69
SBP
Sold pending funds is probably the thing to do. But when 2 weeks go by and you have contacted the seller and he assures the money order will be sent tomorrow and another week goes by and no payment is recieved,maybe paypal is the only way to go. Communication is the key. If you want it fine. If you change your mind that's fine too. Just let me know.
Oct 04, 2012, 06:58 AM
Yep, that's why PayPal is all ill use. And I'll hold an item for no more than 48hrs usually, unless there is a really good reason.
Garrett
Oct 04, 2012, 07:01 AM
Here's a link to the way NOT to do business.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1743009
He starts off with and advertised price, then when multiple people say they want it, he pm'ed everyone with the highest amount and said beat this and it's yours.
Not the way to do business here.
Garrett
Oct 04, 2012, 07:03 AM
Trader Rating: 7
Like SBP said. When a guy keeps saying he is gonna send you the money then doesn't as promised for a couple days and then asks to give him till 3 but 3 comes and goes with no payment or response its time to move to the next buyer. Also when they buyer says if you get someone to buy before i send payment go ahead and sell it. I don't blame you. Hey your loss!! Don't play games and just pay as promised! Then the deal would go the right way. A buyer has a protocol and a responsibility too! Hey maybe we should start a thread about that next.
Oct 04, 2012, 07:03 AM
Trader Rating: 147
Bellanca Kruesair
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett1234567
Yep, that's why PayPal is all ill use. And I'll hold an item for no more than 48hrs usually, unless there is a really good reason.
Garrett
I held one a little longer,on request,and it worked out..Reading a trader's feedback tells us a lot.....I sometimes read some of their posts,to get a 'feel' for their character.
Oct 04, 2012, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl
I held one a little longer,on request,and it worked out..Reading a trader's feedback tells us a lot.....I sometimes read some of their posts,to get a 'feel' for their character.
I agree, but your average buyer has a 2 day window with me, but I do look at each person as an individual and listen to there reasoning as to why I should wait longer.
Mainly it's a gut feeling and the type of communication the buyer shows me. I tend to frown alot on txt speak and bad grammar, but that's my pet peaves
Garrett
Oct 04, 2012, 08:25 AM
Trader Rating: 334
-insert witty saying here-
I'm a first "I'll take it" guy. From the point I PM you my Paypal, you have 24hrs to send the funds or it goes to the next interested party I also mark the ad "sold pending" and if other people want to get in line, they can post or PM their interest.

Also, you should fill out your profile so people know where you are....
Oct 04, 2012, 09:58 AM
Krueminator
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedannielle
Like SBP said. When a guy keeps saying he is gonna send you the money then doesn't as promised for a couple days and then asks to give him till 3 but 3 comes and goes with no payment or response its time to move to the next buyer. Also when they buyer says if you get someone to buy before i send payment go ahead and sell it. I don't blame you. Hey your loss!! Don't play games and just pay as promised! Then the deal would go the right way. A buyer has a protocol and a responsibility too! Hey maybe we should start a thread about that next.
Promised for a coiple days? Told you i wont until three and will settle then as i cant send pp from work. I only found out you promised it to someone else because that person contacted me at four in the morning. You told me he was crazy and you never sold it to him. I get home at 3:30 and am clicking on the "send money button" when I get a pm from the other perso saying he just paid you via paypal. You then tell me you actually sold it to a third person minutes before and are going to refund the second guys money. If I had sent the money that would have been TWO refunds you would have had to give because you gave three people you pp info but refused to post "sold pending funds" in the thread, and told each that the others were nuts.
You may not have done anything wrong, but you didnt do anything right either. Just bad form and less than honest. I wasnt going to site you as an example, but you clearly wanted that.
Oct 04, 2012, 10:08 AM
Krueminator
Thread OP
Btw...the whole event happens in well less than 24 hours. Nice try on the "couple days" stuff.
Oct 04, 2012, 10:13 AM
Trader Rating: 7
If someone else pays before then by all means take it. I would fully understand. Remember these words YOU typed! Don't cry about it now! I can sell to who I want to, when I want to! My choice! You snooze you lose. Instead of typing BS you should have typed into PayPal and paid for it instead of excuses!
Oct 04, 2012, 11:03 AM
Mike, at this point your hurting yourself. This thread was created to talk about good ediquet, and from your and jcmorgan's post are saying, your a person I wouldn't want to buy from.
Garrett

Quick Reply