Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:53 AM
Find More Posts by GER44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Jenkins View Post
Next ...........I'll be using futaba 2.4ghz radio....question to the old salts....what servo for the rudder is recommended.?...........
I use the HiTec HS-81. HS-81 (wheight is very importan in my meter boat class). It is in my boat from 2007. Only 2009 water was going inside the servo. I opend the servo, maked warm and dry and he is working up today. I use one 2 accu 5*ENELOOP AA 800 mAh (than I must change accu in mitday), or one accu 5*ENELOOP AA 2000mAh for one day racing.
But I think also, that you will find very many servos for rudder.

Ullis
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:30 AM
Find More Posts by 8387mike
Yeah Chris what's going on with the build?
Old Apr 13, 2013, 12:09 PM
Find More Posts by Chris Johnson
Chris,
Sorry to be late to this build. i'm about to build a balsa Goth.
What glue did you use to bond the balsa strips to each other initially?
Chris
Old Apr 14, 2013, 03:40 PM
Find More Posts by FWAL
Flying without a licence
Hi Chris J
I've built a couple of Balsa, Glass IOM's and use an Aliphatic glue as it's easier, better to sand than normal PVA. I keep a blog of my modelling boat building antics which may be of some help. My top tip whilst building is to try not to rush, it's not a race to finish. Enjoy the experience and learn from your mistakes. It's extremely rewarding.
http://soaring-sailing.blogspot.co.uk/
Old Apr 18, 2013, 07:07 AM
Chris,
Thank you for that. I've seen Titebond as an aliphatic locally.
Chris
Old Apr 18, 2013, 05:42 PM
Find More Posts by 8387mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by FWAL View Post
Hi Chris J
My top tip whilst building is to try not to rush, it's not a race to finish. Enjoy the experience and learn from your mistakes. It's extremely rewarding.
http://soaring-sailing.blogspot.co.uk/
Ha this coming from a guy who one minute has a design on the drawing board and then has it doing water testing in the next post

I have used an external PVA it sands a lot easier than the normal, but hey my attempts are still in the shed collecting dust.

Good luck Chris
Old Oct 04, 2013, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the glueing advice.
I used 2.5mm balsa, covered with a single layer of 100gm twill and West resin. 2 coats so far.
She's still on the shadows as I find it easier to sand and I want the glass to set completely to reduce twisting.
Chris
Old Oct 31, 2013, 06:21 PM
Find More Posts by FWAL
Flying without a licence
SWEET