Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
May 12, 2016, 11:20 PM
Straighten up and fly right!
I guess I should go ahead and shout for help here... HELP!!!!!!!

I'm visiting San Diego from Indiana and I am an RC plane scratch builder. I was flying yesterday evening and was trying to show a friend of mine and his daughters the plane that I built and have flown before. I lost signal and I had to do an emergency landing aka crash. It's made a depron and I don't have any tools to repair it with me. I need hot glue maybe some toothpicks and I need to make a new wooden motor mount (2x2 1/2 ply). Do you know anyone local who could assist me with this minor repair on my plane. I've PM'd some locals, but I figure this method might be a little better. Oh I will also need a 30A ESC. I'd like to get the plane up and flying again before I leave next weekend. Thanks in advance!
to remove ads between posts
May 13, 2016, 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navet97

I'm visiting San Diego from Indiana and I am an RC plane scratch builder. I was flying yesterday evening and was trying to show a friend of mine and his daughters the plane that I built and have flown before. I lost signal and I had to do an emergency landing aka crash. It's made a depron and I don't have any tools to repair it with me. I need hot glue maybe some toothpicks and I need to make a new wooden motor mount (2x2 1/2 ply). Do you know anyone local who could assist me with this minor repair on my plane. I've PM'd some locals, but I figure this method might be a little better. Oh I will also need a 30A ESC. I'd like to get the plane up and flying again before I leave next weekend. Thanks in advance!

Check out Discount Hobby on Clairemont Mesa Blvd. They have a good selection of parts that can help you out.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Disc...#istate=kp:xpd
May 13, 2016, 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navet97
Try heading down to the SEFSD club off of Sea World drive. There's always plane guys out there with toolboxes.
May 13, 2016, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebartolome
Check out Discount Hobby on Clairemont Mesa Blvd. They have a good selection of parts that can help you out.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Disc...#istate=kp:xpd
Thanks ebartolome! I lived in San Diego for about 7 years when I was active duty military and I did come across that shop a couple of times. I'll have to check them out. During my assessment I noticed a fried 30A ESC, recessed motor shaft, a bound servo and cracked airframe( split in two), and a broken 2x 2 1/2 wooden motor mount I 'm sure hot glue and packing tape will take care of the fuselage. I'll definitely need a new 30A ESC and the motor might need some attention. This is what I'm using:

http://graysonhobby.com/detrum-30amp-esc-w-3a-bec.html
http://graysonhobby.com/gh2217-07-12...ner-motor.html

Does anyone have something like this? This combo is not expensive so I have about $30 to give for a Park 480 type motor and ESC that is ready to fly.
May 13, 2016, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flickerkuu
Try heading down to the SEFSD club off of Sea World drive. There's always plane guys out there with toolboxes.
Thanks!
May 13, 2016, 08:40 AM

Foamie Help

I have a complete foamie that runs on 3S and has a spectrum receiver I'll sell you for $40. Scorpion motor, 25 amp esc, Hitec servos. I live close to Discount. I'll throw in an old battery or two, 3s 2200mah, so you can fly. Good flyer.

Otto 858-278-8785

Friday, til 10am or after 4pm