Sep 04, 2014, 08:06 AM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Aaron
Hey guys, wanted to introduce myself as even tho I live in Las Vegas I have family (sister and brother in law) that live in SD so I frequently visit as much as I can for a week or extended weekend. I am actually planning a trip out within the next week or two if anybody wants to do some flying? I also wanted to see if anybody wants to lend a hand with my blackout build while I am visiting. I figured while I was there I would get my blackout together and even tho I'm not a complete noob as I just built my first multi (warpquad) I was curious if anybody wanted to lend a hand putting my BO together. Mainly need help with setting up the FPV components and most important properly tuning. Started to mess with attempting to tune my warp and balance my props so definitely have an understanding for the most part. Just thought I'd see if anybody would be willing and at the same time I can learn some tips and tricks and also help a fellow flyer with some hobby money : )
Hey Mr. Aaron,

Welcome!! depending on when you will be in town, we are having an FPV meet on saturday sept 13th.

Also, check your PM....
to remove ads between posts
Sep 09, 2014, 01:18 AM
Hey everyone. I've been FPV'ing for about a year now. Flown w/Andi, Otto, and Treggon a few times. Looking forward to the meetup. It'll be my second. I'm a member of palomar flyers. I fly fixed wing pretty much exclusively. I live in Oceanside.
Hoping my Anaconda will be here in time to bring it out and maybe get some advice on installing my ET vector.
Looking forward to getting to meet everyone.
Sep 09, 2014, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loukhan
Hoping my Anaconda will be here in time to bring it out and maybe get some advice on installing my ET vector.
Looking forward to getting to meet everyone.
I don't think the Anaconda will be at your door for another two weeks. They still need to unpack it and inventory. Then you figure the transit time from their warehouse to your door step. I asked them and I'm #13 on the list. I don't think I'll see mine until end of Sept early Oct.
Sep 09, 2014, 08:10 PM
Ya, w/the latest update re:location, looks like it'll be awhile....sucks.
Sep 20, 2014, 10:10 PM
just wanted to share a little clip from my FT versa wing with a new anti vibe mount for the mobius...pretty drastic difference...

Jello free mobius mount (2 min 1 sec)

zipties and an old plastic key card from a hotel...
Sep 22, 2014, 10:52 PM
Looking to upgrade my tricopter. Currently using kk2. Thinking about Naze 32. Any comments or alternatives?
Sep 22, 2014, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsullySD
Looking to upgrade my tricopter. Currently using kk2. Thinking about Naze 32. Any comments or alternatives?
get the naze and don't look back!
Sep 23, 2014, 01:12 PM
Team Drone Art

San Diego FPV/VP Meetups and Discussions

@gsullySD
See this recent post by MassiveOverkill about his thoughts on Naze and the CleanFlight GUI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill
I'll be on vacation Sept 24th - Oct 1st over in South Dakota. Orders will still be processed but any warranty cust. support issues I won't be able to attend to until I get back. I'll check emails as internet access permits.

We have bunch of new DIY\FPV products on the way:

-Black nylon standoffs

-Buzzers for our Massive Acro/Massive32 boards

-3S LiPos: 1000 mAh in JST and 1500 mAh in XT60 both Turnigy

-HQ Bullnose 5045 props (6045s cut down via Warpquad thread)

-EMAX 6 amp ESCs (save 20 grams on your 2S setup)

-EMAX MT2204 motors

-EMAX\NightHawk all carbon frame

The following will all have SMA connectors:

-TS5823 32 channel 200mW VTX compatible with Fat Shark frequencies. The 500 mW model is twice as much. My philosophy is spend the money on a diversity setup. I've verified with the supplier that these don't have the noise problems associated with earlier models.

-FR632 32 channel VRX compatible with Fat Shark frequencies. This has dual diversity.

-RX-LCD5802 32 channel, fat shark compatible, 5.8GHz Diversity Receiver with 7"LCD built-in battery & Sunshade and charger.

-Compact 5.8GHz 11dBi Patch Antenna

-12" 5.8GHz Helical Antenna 12dBi RHCP with fiber-glass cover

-2.4 Ghz 2W power amplifier with JST connector (going to test these first)

-SMA/RP-SMA adapters for those of you who already have RP-SMA equipment

I've created a CleanFlight thread: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2249574

I can tell you that CleanFlight is going to be a game changer and part of the reason why you should no longer fear jumping into DIY and the most complex component, the Flight Control Board. You'll notice we only carry 2 boards, our Massive Acro and Massive32. In my opinion, for the 250 class, there's nothing better suited for your money and paired with CleanFlight, it's the most user-friendly configuration tool out today. Soon you won't even have to use CLI.

These 32 bit boards scream flight stability and performance. You'll hear people throw around the term 'locked-in'. Worried about nightmares of tuning PIDS? Go to the thread I linked above and read some of the happy users who've tried AutoTune, which automagically tunes your PIDS for you. Still want to tune your PIDS manually or fine tune them or configure other settings at the field? Get the Bluetooth module and adjust them with your Android phone.

GPS.........it's the last piece of the puzzle. You really don't need it for 250 FPV racing, but you, like me, may want to dual-purpose your rig or maybe you're not doing FPV racing and just like the compact size. Right now GPS position hold works relatively well. Harakari, a fork of MultiWii, just like CleanFlight has made great strides in GPS position hold and return to home. Dominic aka Hydra is porting Harakari GPS code into CleanFlight.

Currently our GPS boards are reconfigured with Fiero's configuration and set to 115200 baud rate and 5Hz update rate. No need for I2C converter when using a PPM LemonRX with our board.
Sep 25, 2014, 12:43 PM

This should concern us all. Please discuss.

The greatest threats to the radio control hobby are perceptions of the general public.

Last night, 9-24-14, on TNT, Episode 7 “Quicksand” of Legends depicted two bombings with a quadcopter. Based on my munitions flight test experience, the depiction in the second scene is impossible and the first scene improbable.

Our issue is that the public believes what is sees.

I won't ask you to enjoy as I normally do.

RC Quadcopter (1 min 48 sec)
Oct 14, 2014, 12:01 PM

Cyclops Storm for sale

If anyone here in this thread is interested...im putting my Cyclops Storm up for sale...130.00 with the programmer.

Here is the thread...https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...4#post29683463
Oct 22, 2014, 04:49 PM
Greetings gentlemen, been a while since I flew anything been Debating on coming back with a mini quad as it seems like good durable fun. Was wondering if anyone's got any advice on the topic, been researching different platforms and there's just so many now to chose from.

So far I've still got my 9xr with both 2.4 and 433mhz modules, 5.8 and 1.3ghz vtx and rx, as well as some old fatshark aviators, some readymade cams and that's pretty much it.

So really just need advice on power system and a good durable frame. Probably will purchase a mobius cam as I don't feel like lugging my hero 2 around anymore.
Oct 22, 2014, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disp0sablehero
Greetings gentlemen, been a while since I flew anything been Debating on coming back with a mini quad as it seems like good durable fun. Was wondering if anyone's got any advice on the topic, been researching different platforms and there's just so many now to chose from.

So far I've still got my 9xr with both 2.4 and 433mhz modules, 5.8 and 1.3ghz vtx and rx, as well as some old fatshark aviators, some readymade cams and that's pretty much it.

So really just need advice on power system and a good durable frame. Probably will purchase a mobius cam as I don't feel like lugging my hero 2 around anymore.
Is there a certain price point you want to stay at with the mini?? I know there are a lot to choose from these days. I personally fly the drone frames drq 250 or "mini d".
Its durable and it can fit whatever you want on there. Plus at the price point of around 85-95...you cant beat it.
As for power plant...i run the cobra 2204 2300kv motors with the Afro 12a esc's. I got the extended arms to fit 6" props and it flies like a dream.
I use the Naze 32 acro board and for 25 bucks its a total beast!! I have run both 5.8 and 1.3 systems with a board cam and mobius....1300mah 3s bats
Oct 22, 2014, 05:08 PM
Price wise obviously a good deal is good deal but I'm not really in a crunch to save pennies but if some of the cheaper versions are still very durable why not? Been reading up on the "night hawk 250 frame here on RCG seems to have people happy for cheap.

I keep reading really great things about the naze32 so it will probably be what I go with. Seems very straightforward and easy coming from multiwii boards I used to run. Also noticed mobius brushless gimbals have been manufactured probably be getting one of those too

Any thoughts on a mini spider hex vs quad?
Oct 22, 2014, 05:13 PM
Firmware Fiend
I know some people may scoff at this, but I've been flying a CF ZMR250 frame from BG, switching between different sized motors, and it has held up quite nicely to the punishment. It's only about $25-$38 depending on who you get it from. Lots of replacement parts available for cheap, too. Just an option for you to consider.
Oct 22, 2014, 05:27 PM
A lot of the cheap minis are quite durable...when i got my frame it was near the begining of the mini craze, so a lot of less expensive chinese frames were not yet out...but im quite happy with my mini d.

But yes, if anything...definitely go with the Naze as your FC

Quick Reply