Oct 03, 2012, 10:19 PM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
We need to come up with a cool logo to represent ourselves...kind of like fpvlabs has and stuff...i know Andy already has one for the VPA...but i think we should have one for SDFPV maybe...let me know...i will see if i can start coming up with stuff...would be cool to do shirts and stickers and whatnot to represent
to remove ads between posts
Oct 03, 2012, 10:21 PM
Yeah, there is a pretty big RC car community in SD that I was a part of a few years back when I used to race cars. Look up socal-rc. It's a pretty cool community but pretty much all cars. It would be neat to have a similar flight-oriented group, or even just FPV/AP since that is the way the hobby is going
Oct 03, 2012, 10:28 PM
Checking in! I'm currently building my first quadcopter but I will definitely be there when Its done.
Oct 03, 2012, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmonty
Yeah, there is a pretty big RC car community in SD that I was a part of a few years back when I used to race cars. Look up socal-rc. It's a pretty cool community but pretty much all cars. It would be neat to have a similar flight-oriented group, or even just FPV/AP since that is the way the hobby is going
Yea...i definitely agree
Oct 03, 2012, 11:03 PM
I'm in and subscribed. Glider be ready and happy to help however I possibly can.
Oct 03, 2012, 11:14 PM
Just trying to get a nut.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSURFnGLIDE
We need to come up with a cool logo to represent ourselves...kind of like fpvlabs has and stuff...i know Andy already has one for the VPA...but i think we should have one for SDFPV maybe...let me know...i will see if i can start coming up with stuff...would be cool to do shirts and stickers and whatnot to represent
I know a REALLY good embroiderer...lols.

http://www.forevercali.com/rcg-shirts.html
Oct 03, 2012, 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrtsqrl
I fly mostly at SEFSD, in Mission Bay, at the beach,
SEFSD is doing the Poker Funfly this weekend starting at 10am. We could always pre-party at SEFSD then move up to the Canyon. I'm hoping I can install my air speed sensor, but probably won't get it until Saturday...
Oct 03, 2012, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by typicalaimster
Just to toss it out there for the South County crowd. Here's a couple places to fly that I found I can share.

- SEFSD has lightened their FPV policy. Have to be a AMA member and have to fly within the field boundary. Plus you have to fly by the new AMA rules and under 400 feet. It may seem restrictive, but it's a pretty cool place to fly at IMHO. I usually fly here on the weekends. I still want to try flying through a gap in some of the trees out there! --Google Link--

- Lake Otay is a pretty nice place. There is a peninsula that ScrtSqrl and I discovered and flew there once already. There is a small private airport a mile to the east of the LZ. The lake is only open on Weekends and I think Wed. So keep that in mind before you travel! --Google Link--
Big fan of SEFSD...I fly there in the evenings during the weekday when I can.

That peninsula on Otay Lake is really Sweet!
Oct 03, 2012, 11:22 PM
Quote:
SEFSD is doing the Poker Funfly this weekend starting at 10am. We could always pre-party at SEFSD then move up to the Canyon. I'm hoping I can install my air speed sensor, but probably won't get it until Saturday...
Prolly going to be at Lake Otay this weekend.

My schedule revolves around kid's soccer, as you know. Lols!
Oct 03, 2012, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Prolly going to be at Lake Otay this weekend
If you're going to be around Otay any chance you can wonder down to "Grid 8"? I still haven't been able to make it down there. Now that I have the APM I'll probably get out there for some fully autonomous fun! Looks like you can go about a mile in each direction before you hit something.
Oct 03, 2012, 11:27 PM
Quote:
If you're going to be around Otay any chance you can wonder down to "Grid 8"? I still haven't been able to make it down there. Now that I have the APM I'll probably get out there for some fully autonomous fun!
Lat/Long?
Oct 03, 2012, 11:28 PM
Quote:
I know a REALLY good embroiderer...lols.

http://www.forevercali.com/rcg-shirts.html
Hey...there you go
Oct 04, 2012, 09:03 AM
Aerial DP
That's nice to know an embroiderer...... I have been a graphic artist for 23 years now. made a living the last 15 selling copyrighted vinyl, shirts and hats. but we'd always had the embroidery done 3rd party.

do you have hat jigs?
Oct 04, 2012, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloner
That's nice to know an embroiderer...... I have been a graphic artist for 23 years now. made a living the last 15 selling copyrighted vinyl, shirts and hats. but we'd always had the embroidery done 3rd party.

do you have hat jigs?
It's not really a living for her...more like a hobby...She makes good stuff though...

She does have A jig...http://www.forevercali.com/your-pers...dered-hat.html
Oct 04, 2012, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloner

do you have hat jigs?
that sounds like a sweet job Kloner....what kind of vinyl do you do? im thinking of re-doing my GS and wanted to do a carbon fiber finished look...do you have access to the CF vinyls?

On a side note...was trying to come up with a nice logo for SDFPV using google sketchup....yeaaaaa...didnt work out too great...I know it can be done in there, but i havent used it in a while so i am a little rusty....

Anyone have soem ideas?

Quick Reply