Jan 02, 2013, 03:45 PM
I believe that MinimOSD-Extra merged with AdruCAM. The code base is the same in the new 2.x version. In fact the new code fixed the stupid invalid charset error that I was getting.

http://www.diydrones.com/profiles/bl...Post%3A1000809
to remove ads between posts
Jan 02, 2013, 03:52 PM
Aerial DP
http://photosynth.net/view.aspx?cid=...&p=0:0&t=False

That's from straight down below. went out scouting straight across form it and low and behold a friend of mine has 30 acres up off dunbar. i thought he was over on the side of the hill, but nope, smack dab looking across from that same part of the hill. adds a couple miles to transit, but..........It's on a motocross track and only thing you cross is El Cap lake so it's kinda safe

Full scale traffic and fire would be it's two big things against it, but nothing worse than sorrento. the timber/brush is pretty wet. i hiked a few miles and it was wet muddy puddles everywhere and deer cruising around
Jan 02, 2013, 09:40 PM
Aerial DP
They just showed Superman flying at Daves beach on Fox5 news......

some guy walking by caught it on his cell phone, went viral, 70k hits so far... christ
Jan 02, 2013, 09:43 PM
Ahhh man...that'd be cool to see the clip!
Jan 02, 2013, 11:51 PM
Just trying to get a nut.

Otto is on Yahoo!

http://screen.yahoo.com/superman-fli...231013889.html
Jan 03, 2013, 12:08 AM
For those looking at the Hero3 , note that ALOT of people have complained about lockups and freezes on that model as well. I have a Hero3, and have experienced only one or two lockups thus far, but I'm not convinced yet to use it for FPV, so I'm still using the Hero2 as my FPV camera. However, like you guys, my Hero2 with the latest firmware now does lockup, but hasn't failed during FPV at least. I may downgrade the firmware like you guys....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloner
i hear ya. they are pushing the processors limits.
Jan 03, 2013, 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrtsqrl
Classic! Too funny! Way to go Otto. You're famous!
Jan 03, 2013, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dartmouth01
However, like you guys, my Hero2 with the latest firmware now does lockup, but hasn't failed during FPV at least.
I've been using my GoPro for my FPV camera for a year and a half now. At least it fails ON with the new firmware. I'd of thrown the thing in the ocean if it locked up mid flight and took video with it.
Jan 03, 2013, 01:06 AM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
First things First....Hell Yea Otto!!! haha...also props to Treggon for the perfect launch!! haha..

Second...I never had issues with my GPH2 until i first did the update...true it doesnt seem to affect the video out...only the video that is recording and locks the camera up and you have to take the battery out to reset it...So as I stated before...im happy with the original FW..

Third.....I fixed my copter!!!!! It was that damn esc...got the new one tonight and soldered it up and flew a full pack and no surges at all...smooth as butter!!!
Jan 03, 2013, 09:19 AM
Aerial DP
i remember the guys on the bikes that day,,,,,,, they were in the runway and i cleared em off a couple times.
Jan 03, 2013, 11:29 AM
Aerial DP
http://fox5sandiego.com/2013/01/03/w...g-above-socal/

can't believe this things been recorded in all kinds of cameras and angle, but the guy that gets all the credit (hits) is some random phone video.... sob
Jan 03, 2013, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloner
can't believe this things been recorded in all kinds of cameras and angle, but the guy that gets all the credit (hits) is some random phone video.... sob
With crappy non HD resolution at that ;-D
Jan 03, 2013, 11:36 AM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
Maybe we should submit the footage we have....i guarantee they haven't seen it from that point of view before....
Jan 03, 2013, 11:38 AM
Thread OP
Haha .. it's always like that! But hey he really made news ...
Jan 03, 2013, 11:57 AM
Fly it, edit it, post it.
My phone has blown up! So wild, Thanks Otto for giving me the launching honors on Superman! If I hadn't been literally below the covers for the last few days, I might have enjoyed the 5 minutes of fame!

Quick Reply