Dec 22, 2012, 03:56 PM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
Awesome...well I'm stuck here at home because whoever built this condo didn't know how to properly wire it......the electrician is still here..I'm guessing at last another hour...ooh well...I'll fly later in the afternoon
to remove ads between posts
Dec 22, 2012, 09:51 PM
Aerial DP
It was awesome seeing monty tear up daves with a discovery. that thing flew bitchen. i got a great flight in my xy8 but the pos camera case is fogging up again so that sucks.

usdrones xy8 as10 (2 min 53 sec)

I'm already so comftorable with my zxl i'm pushing it's limits. love that big thing. Got some really nice footage from it today. Out of 3 cameras it was the hero2 that got the best stuff. I'm ready for a black

vids are uploading
Dec 22, 2012, 10:05 PM
Thanks, Kloner! As always you put on a show, and your antennas are working great. After you left I realized that my crosshair was pointing to the sky a little too much, and I was getting some cutouts lower to the ground. Pointed her downwards a bit and it worked like a charm.

One flight raw flight. I am editing some of the better shots I got today. Jello is like 90% there now that I switched up my mount a bit. I have a couple more tricks to get the smooth footage I want, then I am good to go. Also going to start filming in protune to get some higher quality.

Dave's FPV - 12-22-12 (10 min 17 sec)
Dec 22, 2012, 11:50 PM
Aerial DP
Ritewing ZXL fpv @ Daves (6 min 8 sec)
Dec 23, 2012, 12:26 AM
Just trying to get a nut.
Arrrggghhhhh!!!

I just smoked two escs and a Lipo putting a quad together. Reverse polarity...I hate wires...LOL..
Dec 23, 2012, 01:54 AM
Nice video guys! Found this one thought you may want to strap a camera on it and do your thing:

mwc quad // rachel v2 / promicro flyduino 9dof / 12A simonk esc (3 min 16 sec)
Dec 23, 2012, 08:42 AM
Aerial DP
warthox is the other white meat...... kinda different, but he's a cool cat. used to hang out at multi rotor forums
Dec 23, 2012, 12:07 PM
Here's some of the better shots from yesterday. The Zxl and xy8 make cameos

Dave's - FPV 12-22-12 (Editted (3 min 39 sec)

Not sure what that pink x is in one of the shots. Please ignore
Dec 23, 2012, 12:47 PM
Kloner: Have you bounced the XL off the water yet...... then I will know you are comfortable.

Treg: One way to lower the fiction is to fly off water. I think the shape should not be fooled with but we may want to add a ply/dowel brace since i break mine occasionally too.
Dec 23, 2012, 02:01 PM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
took the copter out to the park where i coud stretch its legs and it was awesome....no issues with the video whatsoever....looks like i might be in the clear here......
Dec 23, 2012, 02:12 PM
Fly it, edit it, post it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloner
I'm already so comftorable with my zxl i'm pushing it's limits. love that big thing. Got some really nice footage from it today. Out of 3 cameras it was the hero2 that got the best stuff. I'm ready for a black
vids are uploading
This thing IS sooooo big. Mine is now 95% complete, just needs my graphics printed, and some linkages to be delivered from espirit... Oh yeah, and some help from the wrapping master Kloner on making sure the giant stickers don't look all wrinkled and lame. At the very least I have to get some dental picks, and one of those sticker smoothers (credit card is what I use now)

I have to make sure to get it photo'd before flying it

We are working on a new tiger shark design for the wings.... this is a VERY rough first draft... but it's kind of cool throwback WWII style... a line of these might be really cool:

When you trim the leading edge down, it would create the tigershark mouth...

I can't wait to start the APM tuning.... Joy. I wonder if there is a Zephyr thread for APM...let alone the ZXL.... Scott, do you know?
Dec 23, 2012, 04:23 PM
I think you'll be the first in the area to start a wing on the APM. I'm sure there are a few up on DIYD.
Dec 23, 2012, 06:29 PM
Fly it, edit it, post it.
Scott, have you had luck with the video switch... I bought a switch from them, but I don't know if I want to use a channel for it. I was thinking it would be cool to be able to switch over to the gopro for framing of your image....

Quote:
Originally Posted by typicalaimster
I think you'll be the first in the area to start a wing on the APM. I'm sure there are a few up on DIYD.
Kloner rocks the cc3d, but that helps me zero....
I did a massive geek out session on this thing today, and I think it is pretty dialed in. I am going to change a couple things, which requires a tiny bit of soldering, but, I can't wait to try out the wing.... I think it will be a shot in the dark, as, I haven't seen too many tune settings around for the Zephyr....

I finally have fixed endpoints figured out, and a bunch of the castlelink items all dialed in as well.
Dec 23, 2012, 07:53 PM
Aerial DP
we use x-acto knifes for what you refer to dental picks. There a zillion times sharper, can't see where you poke em. just get the lam down on the plane and bring that vinyl over. Does it have a laminate on it? if not, we can spray some on after it's wrapped

Got mine together..... just gotta glue on some chloroplast, finish the linkages and do the ritual. I'll try maidening it after christmas before we go....

Dec 23, 2012, 08:00 PM
I wen't to Dave's Beach today, and it was great. I got some great video too, but I left the usb cable home. I'll post it when I get there (or I may buy yet another usb cable). I may go again soon. Thanks for the recommendation!

Quick Reply