Feb 06, 2013, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by midelic
I see you have different blades.You mixed original blades with others.....??...Is it working?
The picture makes more sense in proper context:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1821591
to remove ads between posts
Feb 06, 2013, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the info on the motors, all makes sense now, i will order a bunch from bg . . . what are the rubber feet you ordered? i did add some cut up sponge for a few flights but i did not do a great job of sticking them on so if there is something ready made???

thanks again.
tony.
Feb 06, 2013, 07:37 PM
We can rebuild it!
Haha you guys seen this?

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1826273
Feb 06, 2013, 08:38 PM
WRX STI V - EJ22 - 35.3 PSI
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill
The picture makes more sense in proper context:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1821591
Hey MO,
Just wanna clarifY, so to prevent the motor cap at the bottom from popping off should the plastic cap of the motor at the bottom be glued to the bottom of the motor arm on the frame?
Ayo

Ps there's a black piece on the outside of your arm..err what's that ?
Feb 06, 2013, 08:47 PM
Hey Ayodhya,

We were talking about securing the rubber bumpers to the quad, so I suggested gluing them on. The rubber bumpers could possibly help in preventing the motor caps from popping off, but the verdict isn't out on that benefit yet.

Those are zip-tie prop guards........see my blog on making prop guards (not the prop-motor guards, just prop protectors)
Feb 06, 2013, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill
Hey Ayodhya,

We were talking about securing the rubber bumpers to the quad, so I suggested gluing them on. The rubber bumpers could possibly help in preventing the motor caps from popping off, but the verdict isn't out on that benefit yet.

Those are zip-tie prop guards........see my blog on making prop guards (not the prop-motor guards, just prop protectors)
Oh ok lol, seems like i misread Ooops!
I've been using your straw mod since day one, Gotta hand it to you, its a life saver! Cheers for that!
Will try super glue on the cracks.. I've noticed that the most prone to cracks area are the bottom of the feet.. Happens even when I push in the motor too deep into the holder...

Qsn anyone have a Clue about the ds4u fpv version.. Even if it does come out , I doubt I'll buy from them but I'm sure others will sell it too, so is this fpv version done just by them if it indeed ever comes out or will it be available anywhere. If i can find what cam setup they use on this supposed fpv version of the x4... I can just fashion my own bottom hull with the extra space to accommodate camera using CAD software like solidworks and just 3d print it so you can just snap the bottom piece of the hull to the existing original top hull using the screws on the same connecting point as original...
Ayo
Feb 06, 2013, 09:24 PM
Bosons not included

How to prevent foot cracking

Take a look at the picture. You will never worry about cracking the feet again.

Earplugs.....
Feb 06, 2013, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackpm
Take a look at the picture. You will never worry about cracking the feet again.

Earplugs.....
Thanks but I did the Adhesive based rubber tabs which were for me easier, you'll find it in jims mega index. I was referring to fractures not from impact but from pushing the motor in too deep
Feb 06, 2013, 11:31 PM
Suspended Account
I got a rebranded Heliguy Viper today, great little machine, it rocks, very stable and powerful.

Already done the ET mod and motor mod.
Feb 06, 2013, 11:51 PM
Happy Holidays
I was thinking of heat shrinking around the motors and just wideing up the holes a little but havent went along with the idea.even better though would just replace that area of the frame with some sort of rubber that is molded the same.i think that would really solve alot of vibrations and damage and be worth the slight weight increase.just the area that holds the motors.can you make a mold for something like that on the 3d printer to do that?im talken about the area that is below the top circles.it really help.
Feb 07, 2013, 05:35 AM
Wicked, tricksy, false!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayodhya
Qsn anyone have a Clue about the ds4u fpv version.. Even if it does come out , I doubt I'll buy from them but I'm sure others will sell it too, so is this fpv version done just by them if it indeed ever comes out or will it be available anywhere. If i can find what cam setup they use on this supposed fpv version of the x4... I can just fashion my own bottom hull with the extra space to accommodate camera using CAD software like solidworks and just 3d print it so you can just snap the bottom piece of the hull to the existing original top hull using the screws on the same connecting point as original...
Ayo
Why messing with it? Wait some time and order a FPV-Set for your Eye One.

-mike-
Feb 07, 2013, 09:04 AM
We can rebuild it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayodhya
Qsn anyone have a Clue about the ds4u fpv version.. Even if it does come out , I doubt I'll buy from them but I'm sure others will sell it too, so is this fpv version done just by them if it indeed ever comes out or will it be available anywhere. If i can find what cam setup they use on this supposed fpv version of the x4...
From my sources Amerang (the uk supplier of Hubsan) will first be releasing a Micro SD card recording version, then the FPV version, either way this will be sometime AFTER March, no idea where "disappointment"source4U go their idea of when they
will have them.

An eBay member (Nigel299) I trust will be stocking the FPV version once Amerang pull their figure out start supplying it, he stocks props and will soon have motors too, I'm still waiting on mine from china.
Feb 07, 2013, 08:15 PM
Happy Holidays

Cut a pen and soldered the wires to the led.sliped the led holder in with bulb.cut a little knocth on the side then added back led cover to macth front

Heres the overpriced leds from radio shack.5mm high brightness white led is what it says on the front.heres the back.

Last edited by AnthonysQuad; Feb 07, 2013 at 08:22 PM. Reason: [img]https://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc408/boulderopalhunter/IMG_20130207_190120.jpg[/IMG]
Feb 08, 2013, 11:52 AM
Eye to the sky!
Well, my X4 is out of commission again. My buddy stopped by and I was showing it off. I took it outside to show him it's speed. The grass was wet, so I just stayed in the front yard instead of going to the back where there is a lot more room. I was zooming along and hit the brakes, but hit them too hard and did an inadvertent flip right into the side of my work van and then onto the concrete. 1 of my cracked motor mounts lost a piece of plastic and the bottom of that motor got busted out. My motor guards were not long enough for the Ladybird props. I was using U816 props and they were just right, but then I switched to the LB props which apparently don't go as far down the shaft. I should have made new guards.

The adjacent motor guard did it's job, but was destroyed in the wreck. Not sure where it flew off to.

Everything I need and plenty of spare parts to get all my aircraft back in the air is en route to me from BG. I ordered on 1/24, so I'm really hoping those parts come in today or tomorrow. My order from 1/14 came in less than 2 weeks, so I'm really hoping my latest order will be waiting for me when I get home. Fingers crossed!!!

In other news another friend of mine was so impressed with the X4 that he has placed an order. So, hopefully I'll have someone else to go flying with soon!
Feb 08, 2013, 05:32 PM
A little Video

Hubsan X4.mp4 (3 min 30 sec)

Gruß Willy

Quick Reply