Thread Tools
Jan 22, 2013, 11:34 AM
Nothing to see here...
67econoline's Avatar
The only thing that holds me back is how good the surf is.
But I do have a lot of other irons in the fire to quench
Rubio (Ray)
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 22, 2013, 11:35 AM
Registered User
TFLG's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by slopeiron View Post
Here's a little reality check for those who can only work on airplanes on the weekends. (And you're lucky if you get some time in on BOTH days.)

Little query I thew together...

SELECT COUNT(*) WeekendDays
FROM dbo.dwCalendars d
WHERE d.CalendarYear = 2013
AND d.WeekDayNumber > 5
AND d.CalendarDate >= CAST(GETDATE() AS DATE)
AND
d.CalendarDate < '05/25/2013'


Plenty of time, all you need is 3 days
Jan 22, 2013, 11:37 AM
No fuse too fat
slopeiron's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFLG View Post
Plenty of time, all you need is 3 days
Fer the Zero. But I still gotta finish the Zephyr and the Typhoon too.

EDIT: And btw, it will probably take me twice as long as you to build the Zero.
Last edited by slopeiron; Jan 22, 2013 at 11:50 AM.
Jan 22, 2013, 12:17 PM
Nothing to see here...
67econoline's Avatar
But it took me two days to shape leading edge
(Only to have TFLG reshape it)

Rubio
Jan 22, 2013, 02:06 PM
It's not going to build itself
TRISME's Avatar
It doesn't sound like a lot of time to me either.
Tom
who's fire is similar to Rubio's
Jan 22, 2013, 02:55 PM
Registered User
TFLG's Avatar
I think we are shooting for the kick off build parties to be mid Feb. Dan is a little behind schedule with the fuses. But I still think we will make it. Even if he is a little late we should still have 3 months. That should be plenty of time for even the slowest builders. it seemed on the last two group builds that everyone got the kits real early but most guys waited till 4 weeks before the event to start building.
Jan 22, 2013, 03:06 PM
Nothing to see here...
67econoline's Avatar
Thanks Brian
I will keep trying to get those irons out of the fire.


Rubio
Who has work planned for this afternoon.
Jan 22, 2013, 03:47 PM
It's not going to build itself
TRISME's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67econoline View Post
thanks brian
i will keep trying to get those irons out of the fire.


Rubio
who has work planned for this afternoon.
+1 ^ ^
Jan 22, 2013, 07:14 PM
Gravity sucks
SrWade's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by slopeiron View Post
Here's a little reality check for those who can only work on airplanes on the weekends. (And you're lucky if you get some time in on BOTH days.)

Little query I thew together...

SELECT COUNT(*) WeekendDays
FROM dbo.dwCalendars d
WHERE d.CalendarYear = 2013
AND d.WeekDayNumber > 5
AND d.CalendarDate >= CAST(GETDATE() AS DATE)
AND
d.CalendarDate < '05/25/2013'


For those of us who left the SoCal climate, you need to add a column for days when the temperature in the building room (garage, basement, wherever) is greater than the freezing point of fingers! For that reason, I'm not worried about Dan's schedule slippage. (unless you throw in the other two builds I am supposed to be doing in parallel)

Mike
who knows self inflicted wounds generate no sympathy
Jan 22, 2013, 09:03 PM
Team member-One day PSS Build!
Carlski's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburglar View Post
Madness! And I just noticed how massive those LE's are. The bushes at Cajon are probably uprooting themselves and fleeing in terror.

What wingloading do you reckon you'll end up with?

Jordan

Just finished cutting some 10oz glass
Th raw parts are at about 55 oz so far. Loading about 36oz dry. The le is Big! The skinsare 1/32 ply. This plane will be going to Timmig, so it needs to be beefy. Tim doesn't fly anymore cause he broke all his toys at the slope .... I am guessing 80 oz before ballast. Wings are now glassed as well. Oh yeah and a carbon spar....
C
Last edited by Carlski; Jan 23, 2013 at 09:48 PM.
Jan 23, 2013, 12:09 AM
Registered User
timmig's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlski View Post
Th raw parts are at about 55 oz so far. Loading about 36oz dry. The le is Big! This plane will be going to Timmig, so it needs to be beefy. Tim doesn't fly anymore cause he broke all his toys at the slope .... I am guessing 80 oz before ballast. Wings are now glassed as well. Oh yeah and a carbon spar....
C
Hohoho!!!! No broken toys!!! I'll be flying again once I get some new knees!!! My heart doctor says I CAN get the operation!! -- So--Slopin--I may be BACK!!
Jan 23, 2013, 12:30 AM
Team member-One day PSS Build!
Carlski's Avatar
Well, we will see old man!
Jan 23, 2013, 05:43 PM
S.L.O.P.E.
howsthewind's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SrWade View Post
For those of us who left the SoCal climate, you need to add a column for days when the temperature in the building room (garage, basement, wherever) is greater than the freezing point of fingers! For that reason, I'm not worried about Dan's schedule slippage. (unless you throw in the other two builds I am supposed to be doing in parallel)

Mike
who knows self inflicted wounds generate no sympathy
Mike- move you're build indoors and turn on the GD heat! Deal with any complaints after the fest.

Greg
Jan 23, 2013, 06:16 PM
Gravity sucks
SrWade's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by howsthewind View Post
Mike- move you're build indoors and turn on the GD heat! Deal with any complaints after the fest.

Greg
Believe me, I would love to, but my realtor thinks balsa dust, epoxy and paint fumes might not be a selling point. But the replacement WILL have a more habitable building environment, where ever it ends up being!

Mike
Jan 23, 2013, 07:21 PM
S.L.O.P.E.
howsthewind's Avatar
well get a space heater and get cracking!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log 2013 PSS Fest Secret Project MicroRotors Slope 171 Apr 08, 2013 01:14 AM
Discussion Starting something for PSS Fest 2013..Iíll let the kids build the big Chipmunk ARF DWA Slope 16 Jun 13, 2011 05:59 PM
Discussion PSS Fest 2013 think ahead and out loud steve wenban Slope 23 May 02, 2011 05:18 AM
Build Log a6m Zero build for the PSS Fest masson74 Slope 87 Apr 24, 2009 05:58 PM
Help! ISR U-2 PSS Build HELP!!!PSS FEST IS APPROACHING!! Jantar2A Slope 6 Feb 28, 2007 09:55 PM