Dynam Peaks Biplane Prop Flew Off - RC Groups
Sep 30, 2012, 01:24 PM
Discussion

Dynam Peaks Biplane Prop Flew Off

I was recently flying my Dynam Peaks biplane and mid-flight the prop and spinner flew off. Luckily, I was able to land the plane but it was a hard landing. The gear ripped out of the foam. The back of the gear tore into the bottom part of the wings and the metal landing bar was warped. I checked the spinner and I could not have tightened the nut up anymore than I did. There were grooves in the motor shaft from where the spinner flew off. Has anyone else experienced this problem. I was not doing any 3D flying - just normal flight.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 01, 2012, 05:34 PM
HobbypartZ Support
Did you balance the prop? The props isn't coming balanced from the factory and it's highly recommend to balance the props on all of the new Dynam planes.

-Charlie
Oct 15, 2012, 06:23 PM
Charlie,

Thanks for your quick reponse. I bought a prop balancer and will see if it helps. It can't hurt!