Thread Tools
Sep 30, 2012, 05:37 AM
Boo
Boo
Registered User
Thread OP
Discussion

Graupner MC-32 vs Jeti Duplex DS-16 vs Spektrum DX10t ?


Hi,

I am thinking about re-entering the hobby after a bit of a gap. I sold almost all my old equipment including all my TXs and want to start by relearning using a pinch grip. Because I have fairly small hands my previous attempts at this using a "normal" style of TX didn't work and I want to try a tray style of radio.

Looking around there seems to be a few quite nice tray style TXs about and I am interested to know the pros and cons of the Graupner MC-32 vs Jeti Duplex DS-16 vs Spektrum DX10t ?

The Spektrum has the advantage that it can use the Spektrum RXs which cover a wide range and are keenly priced but the others seem to be (?maybe?) of a better build standard.

Any ideas as to how to choose between these TXs would be appreciated, especially anyone who has tried several of them before settling down on one or another.

I should say I fly power, gliders and helis in roughly equal proportions.

Thanks,

Boo
Last edited by Boo; Sep 30, 2012 at 05:48 AM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 01, 2012, 06:40 AM
Professional idiot
I looked seriously at all three and went for the Jeti DC-16

Close call between Jeti and Graupner. Both offered similar modern software functionality. Liked the Jeti hardware a lot more.

DX10 was too toy like for me. Sticks very close together as well.

Jeti RX's not cloned but not a bad price compared with some other brands. Good range from tiny indoor ones all the way up to big ones for turbine/giant scale use.

Had my DC-16 7 weeks and not regretted it yet (moved from Multiplex Profi 4000)

3'rd party opinions count for very little. Need to see all of them in use really.

Dave
Last edited by wildpalms; Oct 01, 2012 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Changed to 'not regretted'. One little word makes all the difference :-)
Oct 01, 2012, 08:25 AM
Supersonic Engineering
GordonTarling's Avatar
A lot depends on where you're located. If you're in the US, then a Jeti or Graupner set doesn't make much sense at the moment. Jeti will be FCC certified eventually, but no-one seems prepared (yet) to say just when that might be. If you're in Europe, then support for any of the makes you mentioned is good, but it's not going to help you choose between them! I've had my Jeti DC-16 for a couple of months now and am loving it. I moved over from a Graupner MC-24 which I also loved, but it's an old set now and I've not looked into what the MC-32 is like, except for the cost. Dave has a point about receiver cost and Spektrum/compatible receivers are some of the cheapest around, but I don't normally fly cheap models, so using cheap receivers doesn't sit well with me.
Oct 01, 2012, 10:37 AM
Boo
Boo
Registered User
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonTarling
A lot depends on where you're located. If you're in the US, then a Jeti or Graupner set doesn't make much sense at the moment. Jeti will be FCC certified eventually, but no-one seems prepared (yet) to say just when that might be. If you're in Europe, then support for any of the makes you mentioned is good, but it's not going to help you choose between them! I've had my Jeti DC-16 for a couple of months now and am loving it.
Yes, I am in the UK and all 3 are available to me (theoretically anyway ).

I'm interested to hear you already own a DC-16, Gordon, can you tell me how easy it is to program ? (I have watched the espirit videos on Youtube but without a manual I find it hard to grasp). I also asked a similar question on the BARCS site and am still trying to find out if the software has a retract sequencer built in ?

Thanks,

Boo
Oct 01, 2012, 01:34 PM
Professional idiot
It doesn't have a sequencer built in as it is so easy to do :-) don't even use mixing. Several functions (right door & left door) can be controlled by a single switch, each function has a curve as well as a transit time. Simply create the appropriate multi point curve for each.

Nice thing about curves is they can move in the X axis as well :-) not confined to -100, -50, 0, 50, 100 for a 5 point curve

I went through some programming exercises and posted info on one if the two Jeti threads. One example was a sequencer.

Dave
Oct 02, 2012, 12:06 PM
Supersonic Engineering
GordonTarling's Avatar
Boo - I haven't yet had to program anything very complicated, but it's been easy so far. What I do like is that it's just so easy to assign one control to several servos. The next model I'm going to need to set up is a hotliner with flaps, so the test will come when I set up crow braking, but I don't foresee any real problems. I shall be asking Dave if I get stuck.
Oct 02, 2012, 02:36 PM
We finally have the final version of the pdf manual. Tomorrow Jeti should allow us to post it on our web site.

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-cz.aspx

Zb/Esprit Model
Oct 03, 2012, 05:24 PM
Check the web site, we just posted pdf. Manual.
Zb/Esprit Model
Oct 05, 2012, 10:17 AM
Boo
Boo
Registered User
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model
Check the web site, we just posted pdf. Manual.
Zb/Esprit Model
Spam.

Boo
Oct 05, 2012, 08:25 PM
Registered User
Geoff_S's Avatar
So you mention that it is hard to grasp some aspects without the manual, but when the vendor indicates the manual has been released you proclaim it to be spam ? Tough crowd !
Oct 05, 2012, 09:02 PM
AndyKunz's Avatar
I think it's because he posted in in multiple threads in the same forum, as well as on multiple forums.

Andy
Oct 06, 2012, 02:50 AM
Boo
Boo
Registered User
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_S
So you mention that it is hard to grasp some aspects without the manual, but when the vendor indicates the manual has been released you proclaim it to be spam ? Tough crowd !
I think it's because he posted in in multiple threads in the same forum, as well as on multiple forums.
Actually, it's because there is no .pdf of the manual on the linked webpage and no suggestion of one (nor a downloads page) in their menu structure. They posted the link simply as a way to attract traffic to their website. If they do ever post a manual on their website (which they won't) it will be in Czechoslovakian anyway.

So I say again : spam.

Boo
Oct 06, 2012, 04:36 AM
Grow old disgracefully!
dickw's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo
Actually, it's because there is no .pdf of the manual on the linked webpage and no suggestion of one (nor a downloads page) in their menu structure. They posted the link simply as a way to attract traffic to their website. If they do ever post a manual on their website (which they won't) it will be in Czechoslovakian anyway.

So I say again : spam.

Boo
Agreed it was an annoyingly bad link, but I eventually found the manual after a bit of searching.
It's on this page just under the pictures of the Tx
http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-dupl...nly-radio.aspx

So they did post it and it is in English.

Dick
Oct 06, 2012, 04:40 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo
Actually, it's because there is no .pdf of the manual on the linked webpage and no suggestion of one (nor a downloads page) in their menu structure. They posted the link simply as a way to attract traffic to their website. If they do ever post a manual on their website (which they won't) it will be in Czechoslovakian anyway.

So I say again : spam.

Boo
You are wrong!

On this page http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-dupl...nly-radio.aspx under the pictures of DC-16.
Or you can use direct link http://file.espritmodel.com/document...jeti-dc-16.pdf
Oct 06, 2012, 05:56 AM
Professional idiot
Your both right :-)

He could have posted a direct link to the manual. Posting a link to a commercial site and forcing the user to wander around until they find it is spam.

Better than Jeti who still haven't posted it on their site yet. Maybe they are waiting until the radio matches the manual

Dave


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale Graupner MC-32 HoTT Tx For Sale RotorTalk Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 7 Nov 26, 2012 03:43 PM
Discussion Jeti Duplex 2.4GHz DS-16 w/Accelerometers & DJI Quadcopter Esprit Model Radios 0 Sep 28, 2012 02:35 PM
Discussion XPS in Graupner HOTT MC-32 tow Xtreme Power Systems 2 Jul 21, 2012 10:31 AM
Discussion Jeti Duplex DC-16 Radio & Profi Wireless Downlink. Monitor/Record A/V/mAh/Speed real Esprit Model Radios 16 Jun 16, 2012 08:11 AM
Yippee! Giving away a Graupner MC-32 16-channel radio system worth $1800 SPasierb Sailplane Talk 4 Jun 15, 2012 11:38 AM