Feb 22, 2013, 04:26 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Thread OP
I finally tracked down and have in my possession a Castle Creations 30HV ESC!

to remove ads between posts
Feb 22, 2013, 07:17 AM
Congrats! is a very hard to find esc
Feb 23, 2013, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinG
What sort of airframe would you put something like this in?
I was thinking of making a larger size jet with 100% scale intakes. Finally.
Jun 26, 2013, 12:06 AM
MigLovin'

Status Update

Nitro, what's the latest? Any new results? This was such an interesting story, I hate to see it come to an abrupt end.
Jun 26, 2013, 09:26 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Thread OP
Trying to get back into the projects. I found the main culprit for my time away this year is the demand my kids put on me. This was evidenced on the weekend while trying to build a jet! The barrage of "Dad! Look at me, look at me!"'s was intense...
Jun 26, 2013, 10:50 PM
Need 4 Speed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged
the main culprit for my time away this year is the demand my kids put on me. This was evidenced on the weekend while trying to build a jet! The barrage of "Dad! Look at me, look at me!"'s was intense...
That is the best reason I can think of to have projects on hold.....the airplanes will always be ready when you are
Latest blog entry: original Y/A F-18 Kit
Jun 26, 2013, 11:19 PM
MigLovin'

Random Question

I have a question for you that I think is appropriate for this thread; what is the status of your group, "Team30"? I have tried to visit the website but it says it's under construction if I remember right. I am interested in seeing if any of these projects will be available for purchase !
Jun 26, 2013, 11:40 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Thread OP
A fair question indeed. I was going to put all things 30mm and micro edf there. Life got in the way... so many plans.. so little time...
Jun 27, 2013, 01:48 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Thread OP
pdawg - working on that sucker whenever time permits.
Jun 30, 2013, 03:51 PM
MigLovin'

Shaft

Nitro, what's the shaft diameter on that motor?
And also how difficult was it for you to remove the stator from the bearing housing?
Jun 30, 2013, 07:29 PM
Lee Liddle
The shaft dia is 1.5mm. The stator comes off of the base pretty easily. I just used a heat gun (film covering type) and after a min or two the stator came off by hand. Of course it`s hot, so you have to use a glove or something for protection.

I wound mine with 6 turns of a single strand of #29 high temp wire from Go Brushless. My little jet has been Dopplered at about 95mph on 3s and 110mph on 4s.
Jul 01, 2013, 12:43 PM
MigLovin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knife Liddle
The shaft dia is 1.5mm. The stator comes off of the base pretty easily. I just used a heat gun (film covering type) and after a min or two the stator came off by hand. Of course it`s hot, so you have to use a glove or something for protection.

I wound mine with 6 turns of a single strand of #29 high temp wire from Go Brushless. My little jet has been Dopplered at about 95mph on 3s and 110mph on 4s.
Thanks for the information! I'll have to give Dan a call and see if I can get some of his #29 wire. Have you tested the same setup as Nitro? It looks like there are several hobby stores around to buy the rotor and housing from as well as the 1.5mm adapter for the GWS 40mm rotor.
Jul 01, 2013, 03:55 PM
Lee Liddle
No, I don't have any #32 wire. I was going to order some from Go Brushless but they don't carry it. I'm running mine in the Sky Angel 35mm shroud with the stock 5 blade rotor. I've collected the parts to build a 30mm, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

I would like to get a 30mm up over 100mph.

Still having fun with my 35mm.
Jul 02, 2013, 11:24 AM
Need 4 Speed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knife Liddle
I would like to get a 30mm up over 100mph.
With the power levels you are running you should have no problem reaching your goal. The Blowdart reached 90 mph on 90 watts. 4 years ago that was considered a powerful system!
Latest blog entry: original Y/A F-18 Kit
Jul 02, 2013, 11:41 AM
MigLovin'
I ordered the replacement motor for the 35mm EDF, the GWS 30mm housing and the 40mm rotor along with a 1.5mm adapter. Also gave Dan from GB a call last night and had him send over some 30AWG MD magnet wire. I'm looking forward to building this little rocket! If it goes well I'll make a second and fit them into a Mig-29 (which unfortunately means buying a second Phoenix-10). Nitro, would you happen to know what your timing and PWM settings from your CC-10 are?

Quick Reply