Aeronaut Rafale 120mm EDF - Page 8 - RC Groups
Nov 05, 2012, 06:23 AM
High Dynamic Thrust
just dont have an opening to close to the fan itself or it'll run louder and with less results. *ripple before the blades*
to remove ads between posts
Nov 05, 2012, 09:25 AM
Anything that gives me a High
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneenforcer
just dont have an opening to close to the fan itself or it'll run louder and with less results. *ripple before the blades*
Thanks for the tip, I have seen so meny different configurations (cuts) that I had to ask what is the best way.
Nov 05, 2012, 11:56 PM
I did some work on the ducting today, Finished all the duct fitting to the fuse, Just need to finish my new fan bulkhead.
Last edited by super kupfer; Nov 06, 2012 at 12:19 AM.
Nov 06, 2012, 12:06 AM
The new fan bulkhead.

Was cut from a 1mm carbon plate (Dont know how much of the inside panels I'm going to cut as I need to leave some meat for the actual fan mounts).

Tonight I'm going to laminate the 1mm carbon pc. to a 3mm aircraft ply and then tomorrow trim all the excess material.
Nov 06, 2012, 03:08 AM
Nice Work you do there, but I think the eflite Retracts you use are not strong enough for this plane. I have use them in a jepe f-86 with a weight of 3,6 kg , behind 4 flights I change the main gear because it looks that it break every moment. Now I have Jepe retracts for the main gear it is usable about 4kg.
It look much more strong then the eflite.

With regards from Germany

Alex
Nov 06, 2012, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxausRhens
Nice Work you do there, but I think the eflite Retracts you use are not strong enough for this plane. I have use them in a jepe f-86 with a weight of 3,6 kg , behind 4 flights I change the main gear because it looks that it break every moment. Now I have Jepe retracts for the main gear it is usable about 4kg.
It look much more strong then the eflite.

With regards from Germany

Alex
Thanks for the compliment, I appreciate it.

In regards to the retracts, I figure since the flying weight of the Aeronaut Rafale is the same as the Eflite Habu32/F4 Phantom then the Eflite retract should work (BTW, I upgraded the trunions on the mains to alum TJ and I'm using a trailing strut on the nose gear so I'm hoping that would help).
Nov 06, 2012, 12:52 PM
Regarding the retracts:

If you want something stronger than the EFlite without breaking the bank you can try this ones. I will use them in a Grumania Eurofighter 1:10 that I just ordered a week ago.

http://www.wingspanretracts.com/LGM690T-95
Nov 06, 2012, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamalier
Regarding the retracts:

If you want something stronger than the EFlite without breaking the bank you can try this ones. I will use them in a Grumania Eurofighter 1:10 that I just ordered a week ago.

http://www.wingspanretracts.com/LGM690T-95
Thanks but they are too big to fit on my retract mounts + already committed to the Eflite's.

I think the Eflite's would work fine as long as I keep the weight down (below 9lbs, the upgraded trunions should help a lot.......in the worse case if I upgrade, I would go for the 46 size retracts).
Last edited by super kupfer; Nov 06, 2012 at 01:47 PM.
Nov 06, 2012, 01:46 PM
2017 EDF Jet Jam, June 15-18
Quote:
Originally Posted by super kupfer
Thanks for the compliment, I appreciate it.

In regards to the retracts, I figure since the flying weight of the Aeronaut Rafale is the same as the Eflite Habu32/F4 Phantom then the Eflite retract should work (BTW, I upgraded the trunions on the mains to alum TJ and I'm using a trailing strut on the nose gear so I'm hoping that would help).
This jet should be impressive at 7.75lbs rtf.
Nov 06, 2012, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Belluomini
This jet should be impressive at 7.75lbs rtf.
I hope she doesn't fall apart in the air.
Nov 06, 2012, 02:41 PM
When I read 7.75 pounds.

I searched for this aircraft. Now I realized this will be a bullet with the TJ120. My best suggestion would be don't push it too hard in the maiden to avoid any problems.
Nov 06, 2012, 02:55 PM
High Dynamic Thrust
8lbs with a 120mm. awwwwwweeesome!!

the intake looks good with proper splitter mate to rotor. good job.
Nov 06, 2012, 04:53 PM
Here is the take-off picture.

Buddy - Ready Super Kupfer?
Super - Ready just let it go!
Buddy - Sure?
Super - Yeah this thing is a ROCKET!!
Nov 06, 2012, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamalier
Here is the take-off picture.

Buddy - Ready Super Kupfer?
Super - Ready just let it go!
Buddy - Sure?
Super - Yeah this thing is a ROCKET!!
LOL, yaaaa something like that
Nov 06, 2012, 10:12 PM

Auw

If your bird is 7-8 pounds your airplane is going to be ballistic. I have that same fan in many of my airplanes some in excess of 25 lbs. Your airframe better be super strong as your thrust is going to be 2:1 and that should be insane. Good luck and your build technique looks great. Short take offs. But thinking about this on 12s 3.5 lbs, plus 2 lbs on fan you may not be 2:1 but very much in the 1.5:1 range which is still awesome.