Oct 05, 2012, 08:26 PM
Thread OP

Beacon Adhesives

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESANDMAN
what is this compound you speak of.you have caught my attention .since i have a flyjet x-83 i painted up ,i ike the way it came out but if i can get rid of the foam look this may be the ticket

[IMG][/IMG]
Hey Sandman, Ok, here is the scoop, the new compound is a two part mix, right now it mixes up well and spreads with a squeegee or old gift card. then you let it dry and you are done. It dries as smooth as you apply it, what I do is after I spread it out I cover it with some plastic wrap smooth it out some more and then leave the plastic on till it dries. Once dry peel the plastic off and you have a glass like surface that you can paint. I coated a 30 size float with it and the foam weighed .8 of an once before and 1.1 oz's after, so it is really light,but boy is it strong. Best of all it gets rid of that ugly lumpy foam surface. Right now we at Beacon are working on changing it just a little for the RC market, so I will let everyone know when it becomes available. Check back here tomorrow and you will see my finished Mako bottom. BTW beautiful paint job on your jet

Regards
Eric G.
Beacon Adhesives
to remove ads between posts
Oct 05, 2012, 09:07 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
I will try out Foam Tack on my F-117 and I need to build my Model Aero boat for the winter flying season.

Winter flying means, moving fast across the snow on the ice, which is on the lake. So I will work on it.

I have heard nothing but good things about this glue.

I will tell you, I got some from 2DogRC and when it came I unpacked it. The applicator tip was loose on my desk. I have 3 new cats, one day I found my applicator cap in the bathroom, it had moved from the desk to the bathroom via the cats having a ball with it. They didn't hurt it, but now it is in a drawer away from "little cat paws" which were not creeping in on the fog. ( a line from Frost, "the fog creeps in on little cat paws", which in my house means the cats have found a toy, it is fair game.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred

I believe this, Never under estimate the creativity of modelers.!!!!
Oct 06, 2012, 12:44 AM
teric, thats a great idea on battery hatchs!!!!
im building a 80% drango and almost finish, using mpf and foam tac, im loving it! build goes very fast with it compair to before.

i goota see how that mix smooth finsih comes out! how long will RD take before it comes out for us?

Sandy
with that smooth finishing thing, bet you can gain extra 5-10mph with your speedster!!!

heres a pic of the drango so far, i had to stop construction as i had to go to manhatten to pick up my daughter from penn station tonight and my girl has the whole weekend plan for daddy,, sat=no fly daddy!
sunday=you can go for a few hour then we go manhatten shopping then pick up boyfriend at port authority at 3pm
monday=speed day with grandmom....

NO free time for my hobby!!!!!!
things us daddies do for love
Last edited by meanbaby; Oct 06, 2012 at 04:10 AM.
Oct 06, 2012, 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanbaby
teric, thats a great idea on battery hatchs!!!!
im building a 80% drango and almost finish, using mpf and foam tac, im loving it! build goes very fast with it compair to before.

i goota see how that mix smooth finsih comes out! how long will RD take before it comes out for us?

Sandy
with that smooth finishing thing, bet you can gain extra 5-10mph with your speedster!!!

heres a pic of the drango so far, i had to stop construction as i had to go to manhatten to pick up my daughter from penn station tonight and my girl has the whole weekend plan for daddy,, sat=no fly daddy!
sunday=you can go for a few hour then we go manhatten shopping then pick up boyfriend at port authority at 3pm
monday=speed day with grandmom....

NO free time for my hobby!!!!!!
things us daddies do for love
i dont know about that added speed , if the compound is all that its cracked up to be i will use the more powerful motor. i got rated up to 140mph with out worrying that the wings wil break off. i will test the strength on my 115mph jet then move on to the my 140mph motor and finally my 190+mph motor
i got two special project that i got going .a funjet and a dogfighter i got a motor that will take a funjet i up to 190mph and a motor that will take the dogfighter to 130 . im ooking forward to seeing this product
Oct 06, 2012, 05:14 AM
Thread OP

Foam Tac

Hey Petey, You are a good guy, you can have very many airplanes and toys, but... they never love you like, your children love you.!!! Nice looking plane, nice looking build on the "Drango" As for when the coating compound will be ready, right now all I can say is....... soon. The chemist is working on a few changes that I suggested, also we are working on the packages and the artwork for the bottles, all this plus the other products we are working on take time. But here is the big news it should all be ready in time for the WRAM show in February. I will be working the booth and doing demo's and giving tech talks, on how to best use the products. Also one very important thing to know is that all our products are 100% made in the USA, that's right our factory is in Nyak NY not some factory overseas, this assures you of the highest quality products money can buy. So please be patient with me and I promise you guys will love the new products we are developing for the RC market. Stay Tuned....

Eric G
The "Deacon of Beacon"
Beacon Adhesives
Oct 06, 2012, 05:55 AM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
Quote:
Bro...That's just wrong
Oct 06, 2012, 08:13 AM
Flutter-Bys are fun
Family time is very important. Never miss the opportunity to spend time with your family. You never know when something can happen to anyone of them.

While family may not always be as fun as flying, the end result will be all worth it.

Life happens, it is not always fair and there will be time to fly in the future.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Oct 06, 2012, 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conehead
Family time is very important. Never miss the opportunity to spend time with your family. You never know when something can happen to anyone of them.

While family may not always be as fun as flying, the end result will be all worth it.

Life happens, it is not always fair and there will be time to fly in the future.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
so true buddy

sorry to hijack the thread a little Eric, back to Foam tac!!!!
Drango finish, going to maiden it sunday, havent cover her in any colors yet till after maiden, wwill try and get video for you guys

-pete
Oct 07, 2012, 11:17 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
so true buddy

sorry to hijack the thread a little Eric, back to Foam tac!!!!
Drango finish, going to maiden it sunday, havent cover her in any colors yet till after maiden, wwill try and get video for you guys

-pete
Hey Petey, no worries, post some pictures of the Drango, we all want to see it, doesn't matter if it is not painted, I like looking at the quality of the work you do. I think you build really well and your construction photos are like watching artwork being made. I love your stuff, Hope to see you soon,

Eric G
The "deacon of Beacon"
Oct 07, 2012, 06:17 PM
i got to see the foam tac on Petes drango and polaris number 30 . that is some amazing stuff . the hinges where awesome . looks like i wont be using blenderm tape anymore
Oct 07, 2012, 08:19 PM
Thread OP

Foam Tac

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESANDMAN
i got to see the foam tac on Petes drango and polaris number 30 . that is some amazing stuff . the hinges where awesome . looks like i wont be using blenderm tape anymore
Yo Sandman, I don't use tape for hinges anymore, I use to use Quick Grip glue, but that was only good for EPP foam, never really had anything that was good on all types of foam. Ah but then I find Foam-Tac and I can use it on any kind of foam. I use Foam-Tac to build my planes and for all my hinges and it works great, I love the hinges because it goes on easy, dries fast and is way more flexible than tape. I could never get the blenderm tape on really smooth, it would always wrinkle, and it doesn't stick to EPP without spreading some glue first, so now I don't bother with tape at all, Foam-Tac is the way to go for me. Tomorrow I will post pictures of 2 more planes I designed and built, the first is a foam biplane I call a Tac-2, and the next is an indoor foamy I call the Tac-Yak. Both are EPP. The bipe flies awesome,and I will maiden the Tac-Yak on Wednesday and lat you know how it flies.
Regards
Eric G
The Deacon of Beacon...
Oct 07, 2012, 09:02 PM
When pigs fly rc
Thanks for the prize!!!!!
Looking forward to the biplanes.
Oct 08, 2012, 04:45 AM
Thread OP

Foam Tac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrich
Thanks for the prize!!!!!
Looking forward to the biplanes.
Hey Rich, Your Welcome, Thanks goes to you and Pete, and everybody else that participated. As for my builds, I am just having a blast with the Foam-Tac that I feel motivated to build planes. Lots of fun especially now that the weather here in the northeast is changing. So far it's been real windy where I live in NJ. So I am gearing up for indoor flying season. Pictures will be up later today.

Regards
Eric G
The "Deacon of Beacon"
Oct 08, 2012, 09:25 AM
When pigs fly rc
I wish we had a place to fly indoors!
I like the micro stuff.
Oct 08, 2012, 04:24 PM
Thread OP

Check These out.!!! Foam-Tac builds

Hi Guys, check out my Foam-Tac builds. Here are the promised pictures of my Foam-Tac outdoor flyer, My Tac -ll Biplane, and my just finished indoor outdoor Tac-Yak, I built all of these using Foam-Tac only, I love this stuff.!!!!
Eric G
The "Deacon of Beacon"

Quick Reply