Demon-Mini-Liners EMB-120 Brasilia! - Page 9 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Oct 06, 2012, 10:04 PM
clsink1128
clsink1128's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by demondriver
Well I tried folks! But the RC-Gods where NOT on my side today guys Lol

1st takeoff attempt the nose gear collapesed & she hit the curb

2nd flight attemp & tried to hand launch butone of my ffingers got caught up on the wing rubber bands and she rolled to the left & crashed.

But this Brasilian Babe Is Built Demon-Tuff!

Damage is minor some Nose & tail damage & one motor mount, No Biggie!

Sorry Guys! I will patch her up and try again in the next few days!
Shake it off, you'll get it nxt time
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 06, 2012, 10:13 PM
WITCH HUNTER EXTRAORDINAIRE
Thanks for the update , looking forward to the mainden video...... May the flying Gods be with you !!!

Have you thought about a Piper Aerostar or PA-60 , we had one some time ago, fun plane to fly, lol
Oct 06, 2012, 10:43 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsink1128
Shake it off, you'll get it nxt time
Thanks Boss. . . .no real damage, all scratch-builts are allways a work in progress.
Latest blog entry: My RC 737 Assembly line!
Oct 06, 2012, 10:47 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushpilotx1
Thanks for the update , looking forward to the mainden video...... May the flying Gods be with you !!!

Have you thought about a Piper Aerostar or PA-60 , we had one some time ago, fun plane to fly, lol
I hear ya Bushpilot, I will get this one right. . . .I've built over 70 scratch-builts over the past 28 years and I never quit and I will suceed!

"Failure is not an Option". . . .. Nasa flight director Gene Krantz 1971
Latest blog entry: My RC 737 Assembly line!
Oct 09, 2012, 03:43 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
My Brazilian tigres Flies!. . .. Like a rocket but I flew her right into a line of trees! Lol

But almost NO Damage!

I'm gonna fly the crap out this girl sat & Sunday Video comming up!
Latest blog entry: My RC 737 Assembly line!
Oct 09, 2012, 04:20 PM
if you see a weed, pick it
malakiblunt's Avatar
Hay congradulations on getting her to fly! your doing better than me
i recenlty scratch buil;t a Fornier RF4 as id had such a trial getting my tailless hotliner to fly (turned out the CG was 1" out on the plan!!)
i thourght i need a nice sedate easy flying plane! but its had more crashes than any other plane ive built this W/E it spun in to the only tree on the field!

(im kind of hopeing the XC-142 will be the oppsite and fly first time haha)

keep up the good work looking fwd to the video
Oct 09, 2012, 06:07 PM
Registered User
Demondriver! I lost my jaw in awe of your works
Oct 09, 2012, 06:56 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by malakiblunt
Hay congradulations on getting her to fly! your doing better than me
i recenlty scratch buil;t a Fornier RF4 as id had such a trial getting my tailless hotliner to fly (turned out the CG was 1" out on the plan!!)
i thourght i need a nice sedate easy flying plane! but its had more crashes than any other plane ive built this W/E it spun in to the only tree on the field!

(im kind of hopeing the XC-142 will be the oppsite and fly first time haha)

keep up the good work looking fwd to the video
Thankyou Malaki! . . .she was twitchy at first then when she built up speed she was fine until I hit that tree lol
Latest blog entry: My RC 737 Assembly line!
Oct 09, 2012, 06:58 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc4u
Demondriver! I lost my jaw in awe of your works
Lol thankyou Rc4U. .. . I sorry you lost your Jaw. . .but I've lost my mind Lol

I'm greatfull Sir!
Latest blog entry: My RC 737 Assembly line!
Oct 09, 2012, 07:15 PM
EDF rules... :)
AirX's Avatar
Too cool, demondriver.
Congrats on your success.

Cheers,
Eric B.
Oct 09, 2012, 10:43 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirX
Too cool, demondriver.
Congrats on your success.

Cheers,
Eric B.
Thanks Eric! If it wasn't for that tree this would have been a 2-3 min flight, She's all repaired & ready for Sat & Sunday!

Video will be up in 20mins!
Latest blog entry: My RC 737 Assembly line!
Oct 09, 2012, 10:59 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar

Brasilia Maiden


. . . . .

DemonDriver's EMB-120 Mini-Liner Maiden Flight! (8 min 47 sec)
Last edited by demondriver; Oct 09, 2012 at 11:19 PM.
Oct 09, 2012, 11:41 PM
Registered User
jdlilfan's Avatar
Nice job! Hope to see it in the air again. How was the CG? What size of battery are you flying with? Motors, ESC specs? Looks like sort of a hard model to launch. Would be good to have a friend toss in the air I guess.

The ERJ 135/145 family would be an easy addition because they basically sport the same tail and same nose.

Very excited to see this progress.
Oct 10, 2012, 12:01 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlilfan
Nice job! Hope to see it in the air again. How was the CG? What size of battery are you flying with? Motors, ESC specs? Looks like sort of a hard model to launch. Would be good to have a friend toss in the air I guess.

The ERJ 135/145 family would be an easy addition because they basically sport the same tail and same nose.

Very excited to see this progress.
Thanks JD! She weighs 1.75 pounds flying

She uses one 11.1 volt lipo 30c 1300mah and 2 30amp hobbywing esc's.

Hit the trees like a bullit & came out with a dent or two & a popped off nose.
Latest blog entry: My RC 737 Assembly line!
Oct 10, 2012, 03:34 AM
Scale Modeler
Concordefan's Avatar
DD, it looked that CG was off big time, she seemed tail heavy as she dangled on her tail right pass wing wiggle after the launch, rest she flew on power curve n thats why went too far out while you were trying get her back, she hit the trees....

Power wise looked pretty good, so check her CG plus she needs more ground speed for take off as she would be high on wing loading for her size n weight...


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion EMB-120 Brasilia jdlilfan RC Airliners (Commercial, Cargo, Troop Carrier) 104 Oct 20, 2015 04:53 PM
Sold EMBRAER EMB 312 TUCANO 65in ARF. 120 SIZE Go4it Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Jun 15, 2012 01:03 PM
Sold Inner Demon MINI DEMON Gearbox Navy Diver Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 2 Oct 04, 2006 09:02 AM
Sold Inner Demon MINI DEMON Gearbox punkindrublik Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 4 Jan 12, 2006 02:47 PM
Mini-Demon, Inner-Demon Gearbox Questions kelvin Power Systems 10 Mar 10, 2003 09:29 PM