Thread Tools
Nov 21, 2012, 04:14 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
Now Onto the 120's 2mm depron wings . . .I'm making these wings my customary "Foldover-Sandwich" style. I add all the internal balsa & servo lead wire, & engine mounts.
Latest blog entry: RC F-102 Maiden flight!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 24, 2012, 06:34 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar

Fold those wings!


O.K. Next I take a Depron internal wing spar & add the piece of aluminum tape to join the two pieces, Top & bottom half then I fold them over.
Latest blog entry: RC F-102 Maiden flight!
Nov 26, 2012, 10:38 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by demondriver
And lets not forget the Decals!
Hello Chris

Nice decals .Do you design the decals from scratch on your computer or are they downloaded and played around with...also do you print yours onto waterslide transfer paper or vynil ?.

Cheers
Clive
Nov 26, 2012, 12:20 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive58
Hello Chris

Nice decals .Do you design the decals from scratch on your computer or are they downloaded and played around with...also do you print yours onto waterslide transfer paper or vynil ?.

Cheers
Clive
Hi Clive & thankyou!

Sometimes I descign them from scratch on Microsoft paint or I just scan a real decal sheet & blow it up & print it out.

I try and make 100% of my decals myself.
Latest blog entry: RC F-102 Maiden flight!
Nov 26, 2012, 09:42 PM
Registered User
jdlilfan's Avatar
When is the next test flight?
Nov 26, 2012, 11:20 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlilfan
When is the next test flight?
Soon . .. its been VERY windy in SC . . .its always that way in winter.
Latest blog entry: RC F-102 Maiden flight!
Nov 27, 2012, 02:26 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by demondriver
Hi Clive & thankyou!

Sometimes I descign them from scratch on Microsoft paint or I just scan a real decal sheet & blow it up & print it out.

I try and make 100% of my decals myself.
Hello Chris

Ok..thanks. Basically what I have done..I found some decals/logos by Googling and tidied them up a bit...although I had to do a reverse logo for the vertical fin ...gave me a bit of a headache but got there in the end. Think I am going to try waterslide decal paper first..for lightness. Decided on my 1-11 scheme btw....Dan Air London....all that white,grey ,red and black and a bit of natural aluminum colour..it was those reverse 'compass points' that gave me the headache.....should look good I hope.
Further reports as and when.

Cheers
Clive
Nov 29, 2012, 04:33 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive58
Hello Chris

Ok..thanks. Basically what I have done..I found some decals/logos by Googling and tidied them up a bit...although I had to do a reverse logo for the vertical fin ...gave me a bit of a headache but got there in the end. Think I am going to try waterslide decal paper first..for lightness. Decided on my 1-11 scheme btw....Dan Air London....all that white,grey ,red and black and a bit of natural aluminum colour..it was those reverse 'compass points' that gave me the headache.....should look good I hope.
Further reports as and when.

Cheers
Clive
Sounds Good!
Latest blog entry: RC F-102 Maiden flight!
Nov 29, 2012, 04:41 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar

Connecting the 120's wings


Next I use a CF reinforced Balsa central wing spar joiner to join the wings together.
Latest blog entry: RC F-102 Maiden flight!
Dec 01, 2012, 09:10 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar

Painting the Fuse


Now I'm adding the plastic film over the cardboard tube and I'm begining to paint the 3 fuse sections. The I begin to add the black ultracote windscreen decals
Latest blog entry: RC F-102 Maiden flight!
Dec 01, 2012, 09:16 PM
Airliner Builder
WAGliderGuy's Avatar
Hawt stuff there Chris! When I we going to have the privilage to watch another F3HDemonDriver video on YoutTube?

Ethan
Dec 01, 2012, 09:24 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAGliderGuy
Hawt stuff there Chris! When I we going to have the privilage to watch another F3HDemonDriver video on YoutTube?

Ethan
Thanks Ethan! Not too much longer Ive just been SOO busy with building I've had no time to publish any videos.
Latest blog entry: RC F-102 Maiden flight!
Dec 01, 2012, 09:28 PM
747-400
Im loven it!
Dec 01, 2012, 09:29 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by w747
Im loven it!
Thankyou Sir! Means allot!
Latest blog entry: RC F-102 Maiden flight!
Dec 01, 2012, 09:32 PM
Airliner Builder
WAGliderGuy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by demondriver
Thanks Ethan! Not too much longer Ive just been SOO busy with building I've had no time to publish any videos.
I hear ya! I'm just itching to see all the progress in your hangar in glorious HD! I hope that didn't sound weird lol.

Ethan


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion EMB-120 Brasilia jdlilfan RC Airliners (Commercial, Cargo, Troop Carrier) 104 Oct 20, 2015 03:53 PM
Sold EMBRAER EMB 312 TUCANO 65in ARF. 120 SIZE Go4it Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Jun 15, 2012 12:03 PM
Sold Inner Demon MINI DEMON Gearbox Navy Diver Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 2 Oct 04, 2006 08:02 AM
Sold Inner Demon MINI DEMON Gearbox punkindrublik Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 4 Jan 12, 2006 01:47 PM
Mini-Demon, Inner-Demon Gearbox Questions kelvin Power Systems 10 Mar 10, 2003 08:29 PM