Sep 30, 2012, 08:50 PM
Trader Rating: 22
Thread OP
Have not gotten the check back, Called and talked to the Bank they informed me that the check sent to the seller was a corporate bank check hence the funds were debited from my account on the19th. This check has an official Capital One Check and is a cashier's check.

Paid $35.00 to put a stop payment on the check, the informed me that as long as it hasn't hit the clearing house of the sellers bank it will be stopped, however, if it has hit the clearing house it will be too late and the payment can not be stopped.

Have not gotten the check back form the seller, but will be waiting and looking at the posted date, (if its not before the 27th then the seller is just a in the next dimension of lying...)

Overall:
So far I'm at least out $35.00 plus the time I wasted on this seller and the fact that I basically loss use of the $1,000.00 for about 3 weeks.

Folks that complain I did something wrong: Sorry I did nothing wrong until it was clear that seller backed out the deal and left me no recourse.

If seller would have said look send me a money order I'll tear up your check; I would have. He didn't, instead it was no communication while I'm patiently waiting and after 2 weeks. I called to check the status and the seller gave me his 3 explanations (out of which the main "letter" I have yet to receive)

If the seller had offered any type of solution when I called(spent almost 10 mins on the phone) I would not have posted this thread and worked with him, heck even a discount on another item he sells would have worked... I wish I would have recorded the call he demeanor stank of guilt., he completely acted like he was clueless could give a crap about anything, at first I actually thought that maybe I was speaking to a secretary or someone that wasn't familiar with the item, but then it was clear I was talking with the guy who made the deal. This type of attitude needs to be exposed, and hopefully the seller in the future will be more cautious and communicate better about his concerns.

I don't think he is a bad person, just a bad person to deal with.
Last edited by Alkaline; Sep 30, 2012 at 08:56 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 30, 2012, 09:19 PM
Trader Rating: 128
Suspended Account
I can't recall if this was asked or not, and I know it's a stretch, but would the seller be interested in paying the stop pay fee, and maybe something else to cover the lack of funds for say a month? Guessing that would amount to $50 or $60 bucks. Can't put a price on the aggravation and time wasted, but at least could square you on the wallet side of things. Perhaps that would go some way to restore some sense of credibility for the seller (for some).

I don't think it's wrong to start a thread about a bad transaction, even in the middle of trying to resolve it, I've always felt the accusation and name calling don't belong in the thread, that's all. I've seen some checks in my line of business that look perfectly acceptable, but ended up being fake. I would have taken the sellers word at that, but from that point on the way he handled it was bad, then worse. I hope this resolves quickly for you.
Sep 30, 2012, 09:58 PM
Thread OP
Im.over the whole the thing as long as i get the 1000 back its fine. Just will avoid the seller in the future.

been an interesting thread to say the least
Sep 30, 2012, 11:29 PM
Trader Rating: 39
Planes, Guitars and Cigars
I guess when someone post a lot of negative words about another member and asserts that the other parties side is completly untrue, many will read even more into it and accept assumptions as the facts. We don't know that the seller sold it to another buyer just to make more money and we don't know that the seller wasn't truely uncomfortable about the check he recieved. If he did want to sell it to someone else it would probably have been easier to just make up a story and contact the seller (That's what a liar would do). If we assume the seller was telling the truth and if he thought someone was trying to pass a bad check that may explain why he was not in a hurry to get in touch with the buyer- but that would be another assumption we can't prove either. It can go both ways. My advice is to give both parties the benefit of the doubt. Do not assume that there were any premeditated intentions of wrong doing and, as long as a full refund is recieved and no "facts" to the contrary arise, just let it go.
Oct 01, 2012, 11:54 AM
Thread OP
Got the check form the seller today, so its now a wrap. I'm out 35.00 but that's ok all things considered, still feel seller was in the wrong.....forgive and forget I suppose.
Oct 01, 2012, 12:12 PM
Suspended Account
That's a great approach to take. Good to hear that this didn't turn out to be a scam, just a deal gone bad. And who knows, you might even get that $35.00 back?

Hope springs eternal!
Oct 01, 2012, 12:36 PM
Trader Rating: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkaline
Got the check form the seller today, so its now a wrap. I'm out 35.00 but that's ok all things considered, still feel seller was in the wrong.....forgive and forget I suppose.
Erm.... I'm curious as to why you are not saying what the postage date is..... I thought this was a big factor in your own subjective deliberation process.

Chris
Oct 01, 2012, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83
That's a great approach to take. Good to hear that this didn't turn out to be a scam, just a deal gone bad. And who knows, you might even get that $35.00 back?

Hope springs eternal!
And you, Sir, I really don't understand why you are still trying to carry on a conversation with the OP after going on a rampage in the feedback forum trying to have him lynched. I'm pretty sure he isn't overly interested. Just a hunch I have.

Chris
Oct 01, 2012, 01:27 PM
Suspended Account
Erm...I'm wondering why you feel the need to keep the drama going. OP said he forgives and forgets, did you not catch that or did you chose to ignore it?

And I gotta say Chris, your post to me is pretty funny. You are asking my why I'm trying to have a dialog with the OP when you're trying to do the same thing, expect for different reasons. Irony or hypocrisy, I'm on the fence on that one. I hope that clarifies the issue for you since you lack understanding.

You made suggestions earlier about flying, it was good advise.

EDIT:

Some friendly poster reported this post so its original content is deleted.
Last edited by porcia83; Oct 04, 2012 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Some friendly poster reported this post so its original content is deleted.
Oct 01, 2012, 01:58 PM
Thread OP
It was post marked the 27th but the letter was dated 25th.
Oct 01, 2012, 02:00 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine
And you, Sir, I really don't understand why you are still trying to carry on a conversation with the OP after going on a rampage in the feedback forum trying to have him lynched. I'm pretty sure he isn't overly interested. Just a hunch I have.

Chris
There's a feedback forum here? When did that start?
Oct 01, 2012, 02:06 PM
Some friendly poster reported this post so its original content is deleted.
Last edited by bobepine; Oct 03, 2012 at 12:27 AM.
Oct 01, 2012, 02:11 PM
Suspended Account
No no no, not starting trouble, continue though?

Do you read the posts before you post? He said it was marked the 27th, and the letter the 25th.

The seller said he had concerns about that check, why are you doubting that, and what gives you the right to second guess his thoughts? You're attempting to help this thread how?
Oct 01, 2012, 02:11 PM
Trader Rating: 51
AMA District VII AVP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine
So... What's the postage date? Not trying to start trouble as some lynch mob personage would suggest it. Just very curious as to whether this vendor lied on the forums or if he, perhaps, truly thought you may have issued a fraudulent payment. As the OP of this thread, I think you should let folks know what the verdict is. I think it's valuable information that pertains to the integrity of the seller you portrayed in a very bad light, herein.

Best,
Chris
Read about two posts up..... he already answered the question..... now just let it go... OP is "happy" and is "forgiving and forgetting".
Oct 01, 2012, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropsnWings
Read about two posts up..... he already answered the question..... now just let it go... OP is "happy" and is "forgiving and forgetting".
Oh... I had missed that. So that's why I was inquiring. My bad.

Chris

Quick Reply