TRADE SECTION Sub-Forum within Free Items - Page 3 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Sep 27, 2012, 07:39 PM
Registered User
Deffinitely a plus 1 from me
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 27, 2012, 08:46 PM
Thermite + ice = Big boom.
boaterguy's Avatar
Would definitely help clean up the free items section and make it easier for the generous and the greedy
Yes
Sep 27, 2012, 09:18 PM
There is Victory in the Lord!
knifeedge63's Avatar
Yes! +1
Sep 27, 2012, 09:20 PM
pǝʇɹǝʌuᴉ sɐʍ I ǝsnɐɔǝq
LowlyElevated's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tisdale
sound good
like dave say
yupppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp ppppppppppp

tisdale
Beat me to it... I was gonna say that!

YUUUUUUP!!!!!!!
Sep 27, 2012, 09:46 PM
Registered User
ritchie_laird's Avatar
yes from me. there does need to be a place for requests.
Sep 28, 2012, 06:05 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
StarHopper44's Avatar
I'll go ya one better - and I'll scratch your 'Yes' if you'll scratch mine!

I'd like to see a new division too, on Airplanes. Simply, group together all 'LPU' ads.
There are lots of 'em, many not disclosed until you've opened the ad - a waste of time if you aren't local to the seller so I'd rather not even look at 'em or have to cull thru them in the index when they DO bother to show it.

Another element that's somewhat aggravating is the length of time several LPU's stay on the listings because no one local wants the item. I get tired of seeing them time after time, plus they take up space that could show others I might 1) be interested in, & 2) have a shot at.

So, mods & site managers - PLEASE let's break out LPU Plane sales into their own category!
Sep 28, 2012, 10:56 AM
Garret H's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarHopper44
I'll go ya one better - and I'll scratch your 'Yes' if you'll scratch mine!

I'd like to see a new division too, on Airplanes. Simply, group together all 'LPU' ads.
There are lots of 'em, many not disclosed until you've opened the ad - a waste of time if you aren't local to the seller so I'd rather not even look at 'em or have to cull thru them in the index when they DO bother to show it.

Another element that's somewhat aggravating is the length of time several LPU's stay on the listings because no one local wants the item. I get tired of seeing them time after time, plus they take up space that could show others I might 1) be interested in, & 2) have a shot at.

So, mods & site managers - PLEASE let's break out LPU Plane sales into their own category!
I've always thought it would be a good idea to make an LPO sub-forum in both airplane FS/W forums. Yes, LPU ads are posted in other forums as well, but I think the planes forum is the main one in need. If there was an LPO sub-forum within, it would be easy to click that and scroll through all the ads quickly without having to sort through which are LPU and which aren't.

27 yes...we need 23 more! Tell your friends.

Garret
Last edited by Garret H; Sep 28, 2012 at 11:01 AM.
Sep 28, 2012, 11:00 AM
Garret H's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbyrne
As said, this does not fit as a sub forum in the free section, Trades are not always free and often have $ with them.
It won't be in the free section....the section will be retitled free items / trade section. Within, there will be two sub-forums -- you simply click on which one applies to your posting. If you want to give the item away with nothing in return, you click the free items forum just the same as you do know. If you want to trade the item for something of similar value, you click the trade items forum.

Quote:
Trades are trades so need a new forum.
Like I said, after we get enough votes, we'll create a poll and see which way people want it: in its own forum or as a sub-forum. I'm fine with it either way.

Garret
Sep 28, 2012, 11:31 AM
Often wrong ("wife")
johnbyrne's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garret H
It won't be in the free section....the section will be retitled free items / trade section. Within, there will be two sub-forums -- you simply click on which one applies to your posting. If you want to give the item away with nothing in return, you click the free items forum just the same as you do know. If you want to trade the item for something of similar value, you click the trade items forum.



Like I said, after we get enough votes, we'll create a poll and see which way people want it: in its own forum or as a sub-forum. I'm fine with it either way.

Garret
I guess I'll just drop out of this one. I can't understand why we are trying to re-invent the wheel, do double work, and create a more complex system. Yea it is only one more click .. so what right? What I do is scan all the trade forums looking the date/time of last post. If I see something new I then will open that forum. Subforums are hidden from that level so to be honest I won't open it that often.

I don't know, I just don't understand why we want to re-invent the wheel. This is more complicated that what Mark suggested and you are starting from scratch. You are going to get 50 "yes" posts then put up a vote to where it should go. Of course now you will have to do this whole darn thing over again for that one given RCG rules are specific about how this work. This thread is for one specific suggestion, a sub forum.

Why not just direct eveyone in this thread to post in Mark's thread and be done with it. Combining the Yes responses and you have the 50 right now. I don't know, I just don't get why we do things the hard way and make it more complicated in the process.

Oh well, what ever the mass wants is good with me cheers all. BTW, still love the duck avatar
Sep 28, 2012, 01:14 PM
Garret H's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbyrne
I guess I'll just drop out of this one. I can't understand why we are trying to re-invent the wheel, do double work, and create a more complex system. Yea it is only one more click .. so what right? What I do is scan all the trade forums looking the date/time of last post. If I see something new I then will open that forum. Subforums are hidden from that level so to be honest I won't open it that often.

I don't know, I just don't understand why we want to re-invent the wheel. This is more complicated that what Mark suggested and you are starting from scratch. You are going to get 50 "yes" posts then put up a vote to where it should go. Of course now you will have to do this whole darn thing over again for that one given RCG rules are specific about how this work. This thread is for one specific suggestion, a sub forum.

Why not just direct eveyone in this thread to post in Mark's thread and be done with it. Combining the Yes responses and you have the 50 right now. I don't know, I just don't get why we do things the hard way and make it more complicated in the process.

Oh well, what ever the mass wants is good with me cheers all.
How's this? https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...4#post22858789

Quote:
BTW, still love the duck avatar
Thanks.
Sep 28, 2012, 02:28 PM
Registered User
vinnieg's Avatar
sounds good.
Sep 28, 2012, 04:32 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
johnbyrne's Avatar
I vote yes as before for a trader forum setup as just that and not sub forum ... I guess my vote has already been counted in other thread though. Still, we are over 50 now so this should go to a vote. We need to contact the site now I think.
Sep 28, 2012, 05:53 PM
Garret H's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbyrne
I vote yes as before for a trader forum setup as just that and not sub forum ... I guess my vote has already been counted in other thread though. Still, we are over 50 now so this should go to a vote. We need to contact the site now I think.
Already did: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...4#post22858789
Sep 28, 2012, 05:56 PM
Registered User
Yes
Sep 29, 2012, 06:49 PM
Using foam in moderation
newguy2012's Avatar
good idea!!
yes


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cool Discovery within Profili!! section designing. MCarlton Modeling Science 3 Aug 17, 2012 07:57 PM
Suggestion Split FPV section into sub-categories malcr001 Site Suggestions / Complaints 1 Jun 04, 2012 01:07 PM
Discussion Request for Building Supply's Sub-Forum in the Classifieds Section tesla000 New Forum Requests 32 Oct 23, 2011 04:26 PM
Discussion Sub forum for the EDF section, composites. southernmd_man New Forum Requests 0 Sep 16, 2010 06:59 PM