Sep 27, 2012, 07:39 AM
motors?..
Thread OP
Question

Proper wiring for a UBEC

Probably this question has been posted before but I could not find it.
I am installing a 3 amp UBEC with a 30 amp ESC that has a built in BEC in order to handle 6 micro servos (the ESC says that the built in BEC will handle up to 4).
I need to know the proper wiring of the UBEC to the ESC and receiver, its my understanding that only one UBEC need to be connected so need to disable the built in one. Thanks in advance for your help.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 27, 2012, 07:48 AM
Here's a mock-up view:
Sep 27, 2012, 08:43 AM
motors?..
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kiwi
Here's a mock-up view:
Perfect thanks.
Sep 27, 2012, 11:15 AM
Dr Kiwi, can't tell from mock-up picture, but have you cut or disconnected the red wire from speed control to receiver?
Sep 27, 2012, 06:16 PM
Retired in NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Challenged
Dr Kiwi, can't tell from mock-up picture, but have you cut or disconnected the red wire from speed control to receiver?
He has it as text on the picture.
Sep 27, 2012, 11:57 PM
motors?..
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackerbes
Thanks
Sep 28, 2012, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Challenged
I used a short servo extension between ESC and Rx and severed the red wire on THAT. Didn't want to permanently modify my ESC!
Sep 28, 2012, 02:33 PM
An itch?. Scratch build.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kiwi
I used a short servo extension between ESC and Rx and severed the red wire on THAT. Didn't want to permanently modify my ESC!
You don't have to 'permanently' modify your ESC, just pop the terminal out and insulate it. You can then pop it back in if required. -

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...99&postcount=3
Sep 28, 2012, 07:18 PM
Jack
Or just use a short servo extension with the center conductor removed and modify nothing at all.

The external power adapter allows you to quickly add or remove an external BEC.

Jack
Sep 30, 2012, 04:38 PM
motors?..
Thread OP
OK just want to make sure that this will work;

30amp ESC with an external 3a UBEC to power a total of 6 micro servos (9gr) two of the sevos are on flaps so will not be constant use battery is 3s 2200mah 30c
Sep 30, 2012, 06:53 PM
Retired in NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbone65
OK just want to make sure that this will work;

30amp ESC with an external 3a UBEC to power a total of 6 micro servos (9gr) two of the sevos are on flaps so will not be constant use battery is 3s 2200mah 30c
That should work but the times the flaps are down will be the greatest draw. Hook everyrhing up and deploy the flaps while moving both sticks at the same time, (prop removed) make sure you don't have any receiver drop out or flashing receiver light.
Sep 30, 2012, 09:05 PM
motors?..
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich in ILM
That should work but the times the flaps are down will be the greatest draw. Hook everyrhing up and deploy the flaps while moving both sticks at the same time, (prop removed) make sure you don't have any receiver drop out or flashing receiver light.
OK thanks I will have everything hooked up hopefully by tomorrow and I will run a test.
Oct 05, 2012, 01:20 PM
motors?..
Thread OP
OK so i hooked everything up as above diagram and everything works, however but my RX LED continues to blink. is this normal?
Oct 05, 2012, 01:29 PM
Retired in NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbone65
OK so i hooked everything up as above diagram and everything works, however but my RX LED continues to blink. is this normal?
Turn off the transmitter. Disconnect batteries to the ESC and BEC. Make sure there is no bind plug attached to the receiver. If your bec is attached to the bat/bind slot move it to annother empty slot. Turn on the transmitter. Connect the batteries. If the receiver still blinks try rebinding the receiver.

Quick Reply