Ares NANO-MICRO Tiger Moth 75 - Page 3 - RC Groups
Nov 20, 2012, 04:56 PM
Picked the Tiger Moth up today at Hobby Town. Fortrunately no wind today so I got a couple of flights. A great flyer. I love this airplane. Hope they bring out super Micro WW1 stuff as a follow up.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 20, 2012, 10:14 PM
TheyreComingToTakeMeAway!
that is an odd setup for a micro plane, but does make sense, elevators on actuator planes can make them fly badly if not done properly, this works around these problems as its position hold. and i guess the rudder actuator is lighter than another servo, but its still so weird to see both used on one plane
Nov 21, 2012, 04:02 AM
I'm sure it's a weight thing. I've never flown with an actuator before, but it works, very well actually!!!!
Nov 21, 2012, 05:45 AM
Hello Steve,

Great to hear you're enjoying the Tiger Moth 75! It's actually fast-becoming one of my all-time favorites and is a 100% ground-up Ares original design

Hello everyone,

Our manufacturer's thread with more info and photos (videos coming soon!):

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1774449
Nov 21, 2012, 11:46 AM
Elfi Flyer
I'll have to contact the closest Hobby Town and see if they have one, or can order one.

RD
Nov 23, 2012, 02:30 AM
got mine yesterday but have to wait a week to fly it
Nov 23, 2012, 05:13 AM
There is a video of the moth on hobby towns facebook http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1278757&type=2

Click the video thats 1.22 mins, thats the 2nd one when i look.
Nice little flyer!

Tommy
Nov 25, 2012, 06:51 PM
Is the rudder proportional? My Hobbytown had about 10 of these, I was really tempted, but want to get more feedback on how well it flies before I buy.
Nov 25, 2012, 07:58 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by flynfrfun
Is the rudder proportional? My Hobbytown had about 10 of these, I was really tempted, but want to get more feedback on how well it flies before I buy.
The Rudder is a proportional actuator. Watch the video Jim posted a link to. It appears to fly great indoors. Probably not good in any wind, however, but it will fly in tighter spaces than an Ember.
Nov 25, 2012, 08:28 PM
Great! I was worried it was full deflection or nothing. I'm surprised there are not more people talking about this one. I have a GWS Pico TM and would love to get one of these too.
Nov 26, 2012, 02:13 PM
Gone Huckin'
I saw one of these in Hobby Town this weekend and that it was really cool looking. It's got me wondering if I can actually fly this thing inside my house! If so I might just have to pick one up.

Will is fly slow enough to be a family room cruiser you think??
Nov 29, 2012, 04:19 AM
Well got to fly mine in the gym tonight . This little bird flys great,is tough and looks great in the air!
Nov 30, 2012, 06:21 PM
Elfi Flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm
}Will is fly slow enough to be a family room cruiser you think??
No. Large gymnasium or outdoors with there is no wind.

RD
Nov 30, 2012, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sipprell
No. Large gymnasium or outdoors with there is no wind.

RD
We have a small gym flys great in there.
Nov 30, 2012, 06:52 PM
Flyr John in Floyd VA
No HobbyTown in my area, SW VA. Having trouble finding one on an HT website as it tries to direct one to a local store. Any suggestions? Such as a phone number of a store with stock that ships?

Thanks, John