Sep 26, 2012, 10:51 PM
Elfi Flyer
Thread OP
New Product

Ares NANO-MICRO Tiger Moth 75

Ares (www.Ares-RC.com) reportedly has added a new member to their Nano-Micro fleet, the Nano-Micro Tiger Moth 75, in RTF and WOT configurations. This info from their most recent ad in FLY RC Magazine. I checked on both their website, as well as HobbyTown USA (www.HobbyTownUSA.com) for availability and pricing, but neither site had the plane listed.

Anyone out there who has located one of these mini Tiger Moths from Ares?

Many thanks in advance.

RD
to remove ads between posts
Sep 27, 2012, 11:34 AM
RTF only for now!!!
This is the first I've heard of it. Wow, this sounds almost too good to be true. Is this a "flat" plane or does it have a full fuselage? Jason M is usually around to comment on Ares products. I can say that the Nano Micro Stick 75 is a great little flyer. A micro Tiger Moth that is as nice would probably attract a lot of customers as there are only the three Flyzone micro WWI warbirds available today. If it's a 3 (or even 2) channel, I already have the tx, so I would be very interested in the WOT version. It would probably be a good candidate for a Spectrum conversion as well.
Sep 27, 2012, 11:55 AM
Elfi Flyer
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_Vincent
This is the first I've heard of it. Wow, this sounds almost too good to be true. Is this a "flat" plane or does it have a full fuselage? Jason M is usually around to comment on Ares products. I can say that the Nano Micro Stick 75 is a great little flyer. A micro Tiger Moth that is as nice would probably attract a lot of customers as there are only the three Flyzone micro WWI warbirds available today. If it's a 3 (or even 2) channel, I already have the tx, so I would be very interested in the WOT version. It would probably be a good candidate for a Spectrum conversion as well.
It has a full fuselage, but full in a micro is not all that much. From the pictures, definitely NOT a profile plane. I got an email today from Nichole of Hobby Town corporate, the message as follows:

"Hello Doug,

I'm glad to hear you are interested in the Tiger Moth. It will be available in stores and online at www.hobbytown.com in early November. It cannot be purchased direct, it is a HobbyTown USA exclusive.

Nichole Jennett,

Firelands Customer Service/Field Manager
Hobby Town USA Corporate"

So, it looks like we will have to wait few weeks. I'm into UM's, so an additional one won't look all that out of place. In addition, my Pico Tiger Moth needs a little brother!

RD
Sep 27, 2012, 12:02 PM
RTF only for now!!!
Found pictures on Facebook, looks great. Can't tell if it's 3 channel. http://en-gb.facebook.com/hobbytown
Sep 27, 2012, 12:10 PM
Elfi Flyer
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_Vincent
Found pictures on Facebook, looks great. Can't tell if it's 3 channel. http://en-gb.facebook.com/hobbytown
Greg:

If you can get a copy of the photo, could you post it here? I am not on Facebook, and my corporate computer system is nix on setting up social network accounts.

Many thanks.

RD
Sep 27, 2012, 12:13 PM
RTF only for now!!!
Confirmed to be 3-channel, the ad is posted on FB. Rudder appears to be actuator controlled, don't know about the elevator. If it's as slow and smooth as the Stick, it will be one you won't want to pass up.
Sep 27, 2012, 12:14 PM
RTF only for now!!!
I am having to use my Blackberry for FB, won't be able to post photos until tonight.
Sep 27, 2012, 12:26 PM
Elfi Flyer
Thread OP
Thanks. Looking forward to seeing it. The ad in FLY RC is a full page affair, nice photo, but as of yesterday, absolutely no listing of the plane on Hobby Town USA's website or that of Ares-RC.

Regards,

RD
Sep 27, 2012, 12:30 PM
RTF only for now!!!
OK I found a way. You can't tell from this angle but there are two figures. Let the drooling commence.
Sep 27, 2012, 01:05 PM
Elfi Flyer
Thread OP
Wonderful. Let's hope the plane will meet and fulfill our expectations!

Tnx for the photo.

RD
Sep 27, 2012, 01:42 PM
pictures on hobbytowns facebook page down towards the bottom. will apparently be available rtf anf arf. no dimensions listed. rudder is actuator. full fuse with profile pilots.
Latest blog entry: VA Models Christen Eagle
Sep 27, 2012, 01:56 PM
I hope it's better than the Albatross from Flyzone. I like the Ares Gamma 370 so maybe they will keep up the good work with this one.
Oct 05, 2012, 11:15 AM
Wait... Can these be bound to one of my trusty dx6i's? I'm still in the process of thinning out the parts of my fleet that require proprietary transmitters etc.

I like the look of it, and maybe I can cut circles in my living room with it perhaps? ( I don't have access to any FB stuff right now, as I'm at work...)
Oct 05, 2012, 12:09 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Twoskids
Wait... Can these be bound to one of my trusty dx6i's? I'm still in the process of thinning out the parts of my fleet that require proprietary transmitters etc.

I like the look of it, and maybe I can cut circles in my living room with it perhaps? ( I don't have access to any FB stuff right now, as I'm at work...)

I would say No and No.

It won't bind to DSM2 and no way will it fly in a living room.
Oct 05, 2012, 05:51 PM
DSM2 has become a standard. Other outfits might just as well start licensing it and we might just as well start sticking DSM2 clones into our own stuff.

The convenience of having custom programmed settings that don't get mixed up is really fantastic. Yeah, a lot of planes could fly with no setup, but even my Champ is WAY easier to fly with expo and throttle elevator mixing.

Pete

Quick Reply