Thread Tools
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:27 AM
zooplane66 is offline
Find More Posts by zooplane66
Registered User
Getting a bit nervous... havent flown the plane yet because I've been extremely busy... going to run this battery http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dProduct=19121... I have the great planes segmented lead weights and I'm curious whether I should balance it based on the 50mm line or the 60mm line in the manual... I really do not want to torque roll this plane and wreck... advice pelase!!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 19, 2013, 02:06 PM
aeromaniac is offline
Find More Posts by aeromaniac
Glow 😡 no no no
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooplane66 View Post
Getting a bit nervous... havent flown the plane yet because I've been extremely busy... going to run this battery http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dProduct=19121... I have the great planes segmented lead weights and I'm curious whether I should balance it based on the 50mm line or the 60mm line in the manual... I really do not want to torque roll this plane and wreck... advice pelase!!
I didn't notice much torque roll at all, a friend launched it after I set about 3/4 power.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 03:28 PM
zooplane66 is offline
Find More Posts by zooplane66
Registered User
how about cg point?
Old Feb 19, 2013, 03:28 PM
zooplane66 is offline
Find More Posts by zooplane66
Registered User
btw the rest of the plane is stock
Old Feb 19, 2013, 05:25 PM
aeromaniac is offline
Find More Posts by aeromaniac
Glow 😡 no no no
The plane is nose heavy even with a 3s 2200 pack.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 12:02 AM
olllian is offline
Find More Posts by olllian
olllian
olllian's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooplane66 View Post
btw the rest of the plane is stock
Zoo have a friend lanch it the first time so u get the plane trimmed. And I have my cg at 50mm with 7g of lead on my 1.8mah 4s lipos.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 01:36 AM
dbgood is offline
Find More Posts by dbgood
Fly Fast!
dbgood's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooplane66 View Post
Getting a bit nervous... havent flown the plane yet because I've been extremely busy... going to run this battery http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dProduct=19121... I have the great planes segmented lead weights and I'm curious whether I should balance it based on the 50mm line or the 60mm line in the manual... I really do not want to torque roll this plane and wreck... advice pelase!!
Hi Zooplane 66,
Im running a Tp Propower 4S 1800mah,Camprop 7x7,IceLite 50...
I launch it about 3/4 and it just torque's a tad to the left,
then its straight and level.i put the battery back to the wood plate,
no weights added also,and its fine,
Hope this helps you,
DB
Old Feb 21, 2013, 12:03 AM
jstoll is offline
Find More Posts by jstoll
cant leave things stock
jstoll's Avatar
I fly with 4S 2200 45-90C and a 35X36 1800KV motor and it flys great I have 1/2 oz weight on the tail... it may ballance slightly nose heavy but flies perfectly... Ive gotten many compliments on the tracking and flight characteristics of this plane at the park :-)
JAK
Old Mar 11, 2013, 01:14 PM
jstoll is offline
Find More Posts by jstoll
cant leave things stock
jstoll's Avatar
so with the above setup it was pulling 1KW with the ESC all dialed in 16Khz and 30* timing very fast on 7X6E about 110-120MPH
on an 8X8E it pulls 100 amps and 1400 watts should be faster :-)
Im going to fly it this weekend ... I also bought an 8X9 sport prop for it which I think will pull the same watts but just not unload as well
take care
JAK
Old Mar 14, 2013, 06:07 PM
olllian is offline
Find More Posts by olllian
olllian
olllian's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstoll View Post
so with the above setup it was pulling 1KW with the ESC all dialed in 16Khz and 30* timing very fast on 7X6E about 110-120MPH
on an 8X8E it pulls 100 amps and 1400 watts should be faster :-)
Im going to fly it this weekend ... I also bought an 8X9 sport prop for it which I think will pull the same watts but just not unload as well
take care
JAK
good luck! I need new 6s lipos for mine I kind of ran them down to low to many times
Old Mar 15, 2013, 06:48 PM
Gaz-b is offline
Find More Posts by Gaz-b
Registered User
Gaz-b's Avatar
I have just bought one of these and I am impressed with the quality. But why are the surface throws such a secret nothing in the instructions searched the net I have read others asking the same question but never a response ?
Old Mar 16, 2013, 01:29 AM
aeromaniac is offline
Find More Posts by aeromaniac
Glow 😡 no no no
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz-b View Post
I have just bought one of these and I am impressed with the quality. But why are the surface throws such a secret nothing in the instructions searched the net I have read others asking the same question but never a response ?
I replied to the same question a few weeks ago lol.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 08:52 AM
Gaz-b is offline
Find More Posts by Gaz-b
Registered User
Gaz-b's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromaniac View Post
I replied to the same question a few weeks ago lol.
Ok thanks I will search your posts then.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 09:10 AM
Gaz-b is offline
Find More Posts by Gaz-b
Registered User
Gaz-b's Avatar

Control throws


Found it control throws are

High rate elev 10mm ail 5mm

Low rate elev 5mm ail 2,5mm

I have only listed it again with a title to make it easier for others searching. All I found before was you asking the same question long long ago and not being told.
Last edited by Gaz-b; Mar 16, 2013 at 09:37 AM.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 10:54 AM
four stroke pwr is offline
Find More Posts by four stroke pwr
Sky Pilot
four stroke pwr's Avatar
If you want to have this fly well, I found that you have to meet the CG specs of the manual, which is 50-60 mm behind the leading edge of the wing where it meets the fuze. In order to accomplish that, my 4 cell 1,800 nano-tech battery had to be mounted on the tray above the aileron servo, where half of the battery is on the tray, and the other half hanging in the space where it was supposed to go. I went to Home Depot and bought the industrial strength velcro, and pasted it the length of the tray. It holds the battery with gusto. This makes the plane much more stable. See picture. The canopy goes right on with no mods.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale NIB Dago Red Sport Pylon bevers01 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Aug 21, 2012 03:06 PM
Question sport, pylon, f3a.. what are all the catagories and what do they mean? flybybob Beginner Training Area (Fuel) 3 Jun 30, 2012 11:10 PM
New Product JCX-M6 Flight Controller for RC Airplane RC Model Plane FPV Fixed-wing Airplane wenney2009 FPV Talk 3 Jun 19, 2012 06:10 AM
Sold Fantrainer Sport Scale RC Ducted Fan Jet Airplane Plans junieb Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 0 Jun 04, 2007 07:44 AM