Moray RC Sport Airplane (Pylon)!!!!! - Page 19 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Dec 02, 2012, 11:18 AM
Flying is Freedom
Sky_Captain's Avatar
Where did you guys put your esc? The stock one came as though it was to be mounted between the two main wing mounting post, but that won't work because it would be in the way of the aileron servo. I pushed the esc as far forward as I could coiling the wires up behind the motor. Seems to be ok but I have tightened the main wing screws as tight as I can get them and I still get a very slight crack between the very top of the wing and the fuse.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 02, 2012, 11:34 AM
Registered User
03svtsnakevert's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain
Where did you guys put your esc? The stock one came as though it was to be mounted between the two main wing mounting post, but that won't work because it would be in the way of the aileron servo. I pushed the esc as far forward as I could coiling the wires up behind the motor. Seems to be ok but I have tightened the main wing screws as tight as I can get them and I still get a very slight crack between the very top of the wing and the fuse.
that's where my esc was, until she nosedived into mother earth at mach V!!!! then it convienently moved out of the fuselage for some unknown reason
Dec 02, 2012, 12:10 PM
olllian
olllian's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain
Where did you guys put your esc? The stock one came as though it was to be mounted between the two main wing mounting post, but that won't work because it would be in the way of the aileron servo. I pushed the esc as far forward as I could coiling the wires up behind the motor. Seems to be ok but I have tightened the main wing screws as tight as I can get them and I still get a very slight crack between the very top of the wing and the fuse.
Sky i have a 100amp speed controller btw the wing and fuse. I had to cut a little but not much! Go to post #104
Dec 02, 2012, 01:02 PM
Flying is Freedom
Sky_Captain's Avatar
Thanks guys
Dec 05, 2012, 12:46 AM
Registered User

Moray vs rare bear


Does anyone own both the moray and hobbykings funfighter Rare bear, and tell me which you might like over the other? I own a rare bear and only changes I made was apc 6x4 prop and adding a turnigy plush 30a esc. I fly it with stock motor and servos on a zippy compact 4s 1300
Dec 05, 2012, 04:43 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch349311
Does anyone own both the moray and hobbykings funfighter Rare bear, and tell me which you might like over the other? I own a rare bear and only changes I made was apc 6x4 prop and adding a turnigy plush 30a esc. I fly it with stock motor and servos on a zippy compact 4s 1300
I have both, Moray is a much nicer plane to fly
Dec 05, 2012, 11:29 AM
chuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch349311
Does anyone own both the moray and hobbykings funfighter Rare bear, and tell me which you might like over the other? I own a rare bear and only changes I made was apc 6x4 prop and adding a turnigy plush 30a esc. I fly it with stock motor and servos on a zippy compact 4s 1300
at the weight u are flying the bear at there is no comparison unless u went to a 3000 4 cell in the moray. the wing loading numbers are off the chart on your bear compared to a stock weight moray. dont get me wrong , there is nothing wrong w/ your bear setup but the stock weight moray will seem like a glider by comparison.

have u ever flown the bear on the stock prop and a 850/4's ? this will be much a closer setup to the moray, although the bear would still be heavier wing loading wise and faster.

chuck.
Dec 06, 2012, 03:01 PM
Suspended Account
Today i got my Nano 6s after fitting it in the plane there is no way that that it's possible to get the COG right even with the stock motor fitted in it and esc behind the lipo
I really don't see how ollian managed to get the cog right with that big heli motor in front of it and that 100Amp esc in the nose
He must have a huge amount of led in the tail
Last edited by Quadmad; Dec 06, 2012 at 04:31 PM.
Dec 06, 2012, 05:18 PM
Flying is Freedom
Sky_Captain's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadmad
Today i got my Nano 6s after fitting it in the plane there is no way that that it's possible to get the COG right even with the stock motor fitted in it and esc behind the lipo
I really don't see how ollian managed to get the cog right with that big heli motor in front of it and that 100Amp esc in the nose
He must have a huge amount of led in the tail
Or he's just flying it nose heavy.
Dec 06, 2012, 09:23 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky_captain
or he's just flying it nose heavy.
lol
Dec 06, 2012, 10:07 PM
olllian
olllian's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadmad
Today i got my Nano 6s after fitting it in the plane there is no way that that it's possible to get the COG right even with the stock motor fitted in it and esc behind the lipo
I really don't see how ollian managed to get the cog right with that big heli motor in front of it and that 100Amp esc in the nose
He must have a huge amount of led in the tail
Haha! Its perfect I added 28g of lead in the back to make it good! I really don't notice the lead at all!. U can lunch the thing on less then 1/4 T. I am putting my mini cam on the moray this weekend. Check out my funfighter doing 124mph

Funfighter 4s on board Cam. (2 min 40 sec)
Dec 07, 2012, 02:10 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by olllian
Haha! Its perfect I added 28g of lead in the back to make it good! I really don't notice the lead at all!. U can lunch the thing on less then 1/4 T. I am putting my mini cam on the moray this weekend. Check out my funfighter doing 124mph

http://youtu.be/XEvqcvnaUyM
lol 1 ounce of led haha
i'm going to keep the moray as it is flys nice with the 7x7 i'm running at the moment I have the Dog and other planes when i want to go really fast
Dec 25, 2012, 09:01 AM
Registered User
Manu Simon's Avatar
Hi

Mine is almost ready to go... Can someone post some reasonable throws... I can't see any in the manual.
Dec 25, 2012, 11:00 AM
Flying is Freedom
Sky_Captain's Avatar
Not sure about the throws but you can start taming it down by setting some expo. I like to start with 70% expo and go from there.
Dec 25, 2012, 01:07 PM
Registered User
Manu Simon's Avatar

Ready for maiden....


As soon as weather permits..

Looks like a well thought little kit, nicely build and rather streamlined at the exception of the very thick trailing edges at wing and stab.



Did my usual foamy treatment: 2 to 4 coats of WBPU



Changed the stock prop for an Aeronaut 7x7, much lighter that allows to get correct CG without lead at the tail, despite using 40C 1800 mah 4S. This prop also draws about 10% more amps but should be faster than stock.

Wonder why they opened the cone, since there is no opening in the backplate to get the air to the motor....



I also strealined the wing bottom, using tape to cover all slots and protect leading edge. Wing bottom is now smooth as silk ...



I re-located the clevis at the ailerons servos arms 2 holes closer to the center, that should help taming the throws and increase the precision and torque of the linkage.

Very bad weather forecast, I might have to wait a lot before maiden....
Last edited by Manu Simon; Dec 26, 2012 at 04:14 AM.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale NIB Dago Red Sport Pylon bevers01 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Aug 21, 2012 03:06 PM
Question sport, pylon, f3a.. what are all the catagories and what do they mean? flybybob Beginner Training Area (Fuel) 3 Jun 30, 2012 11:10 PM
New Product JCX-M6 Flight Controller for RC Airplane RC Model Plane FPV Fixed-wing Airplane wenney2009 FPV Talk 3 Jun 19, 2012 06:10 AM
Sold Fantrainer Sport Scale RC Ducted Fan Jet Airplane Plans junieb Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 0 Jun 04, 2007 07:44 AM