Sep 26, 2012, 08:48 PM
Design > Build > Fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaSaJaRa
Well I am waiting on my 500 size landing gear to come in.
I need to have it mounted before I lay out my wiring and battery placement.
Hope to have it in by Friday...
How are you going to mount it since you extended the arms a little?
to remove ads between posts
Sep 26, 2012, 10:59 PM
FPV for Me
Thread OP
Guess I will figure that out when they get here.
May do as I did before and not use the pipes.
Like I did on this spider quad.
Sep 28, 2012, 06:27 PM
FPV for Me
Thread OP

Got my Landing gear

My landing gear came in today.... Got them mounted, now I can start laying out my wiring.... want be long now to get this thing in the air.
Sep 28, 2012, 06:41 PM
Design > Build > Fly
Hey those LG fit perfect even with the longer fuse sticks. Looking really good. You going clear coat on the frame?
Sep 28, 2012, 07:24 PM
FPV for Me
Thread OP
I did use clear coat I just used satin so it's not that shiny
Sep 28, 2012, 08:53 PM
crashing build's character.
When you get finish with it you can give to me. Lol.
Sep 28, 2012, 08:55 PM
crashing build's character.
I love them motors.very smooth running.
Sep 29, 2012, 09:52 PM
FPV for Me
Thread OP

Battery mount done

Time to make a battery mount. I will be flying this quad a few different ways.
So I decided to make a long battery mounting area so I cam move the battery around a bit.
This will let me balance depending on the equipment I am using at the time.

I use a paint stick, free wood is good..
Last edited by TaSaJaRa; Sep 29, 2012 at 10:10 PM.
Sep 29, 2012, 10:03 PM
FPV for Me
Thread OP

Time to mount the motors and esc's

I am using T-Motors 1100kv, along with flashed esc's.
I cut the heat shrink away from the esc where the heat sink is to let it cool better.
Sep 29, 2012, 10:10 PM
FPV for Me
Thread OP

Mounting my MultiWii control board

Now the all my motors are soldered up and spinning the right direction.
Time to mount my MultiWii board. I may have to use 8x4.5 props until my 9x5 Graupners come in.
Sep 30, 2012, 12:13 PM
FPV for Me
Thread OP

Got it ready for FPV....

Well got all my equipment mounted.... It is ready to go, but the weather is not good.
Light rain, 100% chance...

Anyway here is my video lay out, I added a 300mw 1.3 gHz TX with a Skew Planar Wheel Antenna, 3s 370mAh for my power
and a cable from ReadyMadeRC to go to the GoPro..
Another thing I added was a lost plane finder, pretty cheap but well worth it if you go down in tall brush.
It is hooked into a spare ch. on my RX as slave to the Ailerons. If the beeper don't see any stick movement for 1 min it will start beeping.
It has helped me find my other quad 2 different times when I lost RX signal and a prop broke.

The final weight is 2lbs 9.5 oz or 1179 grams RTF.
Sep 30, 2012, 01:40 PM
FPV really is fun.
Very nice. I see you are giving CP antennas a try. Let us know how they work out.
Sep 30, 2012, 03:58 PM
FPV for Me
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotth72
Very nice. I see you are giving CP antennas a try. Let us know how they work out.
Thanks Scott,

Will do on the antennas, I have used them on a 5.8gHz system. And it was like night and day difference over the stock antennas. I was losing my signal and get snow from time to time. Once I swapped it almost never dropped signal and very little snow if any at all.
I had a diversity sys. and used one on one RX and a Helical on the other RX.

This will be a new video sys for me. I swapped to 1.3gHz. I was losing signal behind small trees on the 5.8 gHz. So hopefully this will do much better. Also I can use a smaller video TX and get better range than the 5.8gHz.
Sep 30, 2012, 04:55 PM
FPV really is fun.
What radio control frequency are you using? I have read that 1.3 ghz vtx can interfere with 2.4 radio frequencies. That is why I am still using 5.8. That, and I like the tiny antennas.....
Sep 30, 2012, 08:16 PM
FPV for Me
Thread OP
I am using 2.4gHz, but the 1.3 shouldn't bother it at all. NOTE: It will cut your range way down if you use 1.3gHz video with 2.4gHz radio, didn't want to miss lead anyone.
This is listed on the ReadyMadeRC site about the1.3GHz 300mW Transmitter I have.
"Great quality video and no interference from 2.4GHz transmitters, wifi, or cellular!
Typically better performance than 500mW 900MHz transmitters (because of lack of interference). Offers similar range to 2.4GHz 1000mW transmitters"

Plus ReadyMadeRC has a new custom RX's and TX's that have a new Frequency for legal use in the US. Now includes the original 1280MHz, along with the new 1258MHz frequency!

From most of what I have read the 1.3 is a good all around Freq. I have seen ppl fly over 2.6 miles out on a 200mW 1.3gHz.
So I thought I would give it a try. My Futaba want go over a mile. But I have a older Futaba 9c I would like to drop a Dragon Link into.

When it quits Raining I will try it out and see how it does.

This is what my Ground station looks like. I still have got to figure out a way to mount my helical antenna.
Last edited by TaSaJaRa; Jan 03, 2013 at 11:16 PM. Reason: 2.4gHz radio don't work well with 1.3gHz video Tx

Quick Reply