New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 15, 2001, 09:20 AM
Find More Posts by xjohnx

Hobby Lobby Miss 2 Question

I just got a HL Miss 2. I am concerned with the elevator. It has a lot of up movement, but barely 3/8 inch of down movement. Appears that it was not fully deflected down while attaching it to the h-stab with the covering hinge. Is this normal for the Miss 2, or did I get a bad one.

Thanks.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2001, 09:51 AM
Find More Posts by Tim Seidenstricker

Miss 2

I have a Miss Moravia, but exactly the same plane except low wing instead of high. It sounds just a bit tight, but after some examination on mine I don't use more than 3/8" deflection for flying. It is a very responsive plane to just a little bit of control. You could cut it loose and use hinges or tape it, but I would sure try it as is first. The material you have attached is much stronger than tape will ever be.
Old Nov 15, 2001, 06:42 PM
Find More Posts by Wile E

Miss 2

Yours should fly fine. Just keep adequate UP travel to flare those landings.
Old Nov 15, 2001, 07:10 PM
Find More Posts by Bobski

Miss 2

Hi All. Hey Wile E, what floats are you using on your Miss 2? I love float flying and that Miss 2 sure looks good up on floats. Thanks, Bob
Old Nov 15, 2001, 11:34 PM
Find More Posts by xjohnx
Thanks for the replys. Guess as long as I don't get it tail heavy it will probably be ok. It may also loosen up with some use. I have plenty of up-elevator movement. It is just very tight on the down-elevator. Nice looking setup Wile E.
Old Nov 16, 2001, 06:48 PM
Find More Posts by dano287

elevator

Ive had two Miss2s and both were a little tight. The first one I cut apart and used tape..worked fine, but after flying it ..(and later smashing it to bits), I left the second Miss2 alone you dont need that much throw, its very sentitive.....
Old Nov 16, 2001, 10:40 PM
Find More Posts by cruzomatic
John, just sent you an email about the elevator throws on my miss2.

AC
Old Nov 23, 2001, 03:02 AM
Find More Posts by Marksl
Tim,

How do you like your Miss Moravia? I haven't built mine yet, wondered about needing to gear it.

Thanks,
Mark