Sep 23, 2012, 01:41 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Aileron & Rudder Transmitter Mix For Landing Or Otherwise - Good Or Bad?

EDITED: I'm curious about whether or not some RC pilots sometimes (or always) might use an aileron/rudder mix programmed into their transmitter for landings or otherwise? If for other than landings when do you use it?

Thanks for your thoughts?
Last edited by itsme2; Sep 23, 2012 at 03:20 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 23, 2012, 01:46 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
I've never heard of an aileron to elevator mix. I cant even hazard a guess as to why you would want to slave elevator off of aileron input (or vice versa) for landing or for anything else

Do you maybe mean a flap to elevator mix, where the flaps are 'flaperons'?
Sep 23, 2012, 03:20 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer
I've never heard of an aileron to elevator mix. I cant even hazard a guess as to why you would want to slave elevator off of aileron input (or vice versa) for landing or for anything else

Do you maybe mean a flap to elevator mix, where the flaps are 'flaperons'?
I meant rudder DUH!
Sep 23, 2012, 03:45 PM
A lot of high tech sailplane guys slave rudder and ailerons to get easy to fly circling patters in a thermal. Then they can focus on trying to read the updraft.

Probably most pilots use mixes to make their planes act a little more "regular".

But I always wanted to learn to fly the raw plane, and mix controls on the sticks. If it needs rudder to turn, I want to learn to manually put in rudder. The only reason that I use exponential is in a plane that is VERY sensitive (to calm it down), or a plane where one axis is much more sensitive than the others (to make the throws of the sticks to mean the same thing in all channels).

I think that I am in the minority.
Sep 23, 2012, 06:13 PM
Thread OP
What about using a Mix switch to add a certain amount of up elevator in the final leg of the landing approach?

Quick Reply