Sep 23, 2012, 03:54 AM
Suspended Account
Excellent maiden report Kurt, she does look a peach and just the thing for light air days I have no doubt. And it has so much wing that vis must be enhanced! All the best. S.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 23, 2012, 08:39 AM
One of the best: Astro Jeff!
Sep 23, 2012, 05:49 PM

Big and Small

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzimmerm
OK, so here I have just giving a major face lift to a 3m Viking MK I. Has not been in the air yet but I thought I'd post it here. Then I thought why not see other bent wing beauties. So here is the Viking before and after to start.
Both of these planes are unpure.

My favorite (and possibly the ultimate 3 meter woodie floater) is the Mirage.

The baby is my e-Zephyr II (276 grams, 1.5 meter) - one fine little thermal machine.

Craig
Sep 23, 2012, 10:57 PM
registered weapon
FLOAT'N & SLOPE'N

Here's my fullhouse O3
Sep 24, 2012, 02:46 AM
If it flies - I want one!

O3?

Ihavawdy,
Crikey! I can perhaps believe the mother was an O3, but who the heck was the daddy?
PeteM
Sep 24, 2012, 03:13 PM
Closed Account

15 year old BOT

I built this Bird of Time glider Christmas of 1997 , flew the heck out of it in North Carolina launced with a bungee cord . It languised as a wreck for 15 years before I was able to restore it with electric power .

Flies soooo sweet in these Southern Kentucky skies !
Sep 24, 2012, 03:46 PM
Balsa addiction since age 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4stroker
I built this Bird of Time glider Christmas of 1997 , flew the heck out of it in North Carolina launced with a bungee cord . It languised as a wreck for 15 years before I was able to restore it with electric power .

Flies soooo sweet in these Southern Kentucky skies !
Wow, very nice. Electric has saved a bunch of mine (old wood wings not trustworthy on a good winch but fine in the air).
Sep 24, 2012, 04:09 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSails
Wow, very nice. Electric has saved a bunch of mine (old wood wings not trustworthy on a good winch but fine in the air).
Yep , I ain't got that kinda energy anymore . . . motor simply replaced lead in the nose . 42 oz is lighter than it was new . . .
Sep 24, 2012, 05:33 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo6796
Look for posts by shrederman. That's Jack.

And a pic of his prototype, the first Houston Hawk.

this was November, 2003.

AJ
Thanks, Alan. I don't have access to my pics right now...

Jack
Sep 24, 2012, 06:17 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Binnie
Some British 'bent wings' that I sadly don't get the time to fly. Mostly 100" span and mostly yellow and black!

GB
Sa Weeet !
Sep 24, 2012, 09:05 PM
┌∩┐(⋟﹏⋞)┌∩┐ The FAA
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfox7
Love the plane! And that name, Womack, catches my ear.. there is an older amazing fella that flys at our little field with the last name Womack.. Francis is his first name.. he's a doctor AF divinity.. I wonder if there is any connection.. I think he has a house in Florida and some here.. hmm

Sorry bout the OT! Just thought that was interesting

Seth
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman
Thanks, Alan. I don't have access to my pics right now...

Jack
Any relation Jack?
Sep 24, 2012, 09:12 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfox7
Any relation Jack?
Just OFBs... Once a Houston Hawk... always a Houston Hawk...

Oooohhh... don't let anyone in the SLNT see that...
Sep 24, 2012, 11:42 PM
┌∩┐(⋟﹏⋞)┌∩┐ The FAA
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman
Just OFBs... Once a Houston Hawk... always a Houston Hawk...

Oooohhh... don't let anyone in the SLNT see that...
I am confused.....

Quick Reply