Sep 30, 2012, 08:29 PM
The Caudron C460

Born in the 30s, during the golden age of air racing, the Caudron C460 was a french developed air frame built for racing. This airframe set landplane airspeed records and achieved 314mph in the 30s! It won major races for 2 consecutive years (1935 and 1936) including the National Air Races in the USA. It was powered by a single 300hp Renault motor.

It would be so cool to have some classic air racers come out in micro format!!

Last edited by boro92; Sep 30, 2012 at 08:45 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 01, 2012, 02:31 PM
Snappy Title On Backorder....
Martin-Baker MB5

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin-Baker_MB_5
Oct 01, 2012, 02:44 PM
RAFMAA
That MB5 is awesome!
Oct 02, 2012, 05:06 AM
"Heli-Pimp"
Hawker Hurricane... An amazing aircraft, born out of need...
Oct 02, 2012, 05:32 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdill2160
Hawker Hurricane... An amazing aircraft, born out of need...
Hi Kdill2160, thanks for entering the comp. Unfortunately the Hurricane has already been nominated, but please choose another favourite aircraft if you'd like to have a chance to win!

Here's an up to date list of all nominations to date:

F8F Bearcat
Curtiss SB2C Hell Diver
P40 Warhawk
Dornier 335 Pfeil
P-47 Thunderbolt
Hawker Sea Fury
Boeing P26 Peashooter
Yak-3
Boeing Stearman PT-17
Kyūshū J7W1 Shinden
F6F Hellcat
Polikarpov I-153 Chaika
Cassutt III
Supermarine Spiteful
Junkers JU87 Stuka
Transavia PL-12 Airtruk
Heinkel HE 70
Hall Springfield Bulldog
Polikarpov I-16
Hawker Hurricane
Macchi C.205 Veltro, “Paolino IV°”
A6M Zero
Citabria
Lysander
Junkers JU87G Stuka
DH.94 Moth Minor
P-51B Redtail
Napier-Heston Racer
Fieseler Fi 156 Storch
P-47C 'Razor Back'
Saab J-21
P-39
F4U Corsair
Macchi C.200
Hawker Typhoon
Douglas SBD Duantless
IL-2 Sturmovik
Boeing P-12
Dewoitine D.520
Blohm & Voss BV141
North American T-6 Texan
North American P-51A
GeeBee Model R
Curtiss P40B
Boulton Paul Defiant
Caudron C460
Martin-Baker MB5
Oct 02, 2012, 05:45 AM
"Heli-Pimp"
Well, my other two choices have been nominated also...

Stearman 17 Trainer
Caudron C460
Thanks for these amazing models, Microaces...

Not sure if they were used for military trainers, but the Ryan ST or Ryan STA are beautiful planes to model...

Ken

Edit: Thank you Jon, I think your choice of materials and technique are inventive and unique, I especially am impressed with the photo-realistic printing as a means of finishing... I've been following the thread a bit and all the planes nominated are excellent, I know most all of the planes have been done before, some to excess, I was trying to select something unique or at least something that's not seen everyday, and something that could be modeled sucessfully... Keep up the awesome work...
Last edited by kdill2160; Oct 02, 2012 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Additional comments
Oct 02, 2012, 06:43 AM
Thread OP
Ken, I'll put you down for a Ryan STA. If it is one of the lucky 20 randomly picked from the pack, it will go to the 'public' vote in a poll here on RCG in November. Thanks for re-nominating.

Jon
Oct 02, 2012, 09:47 AM
TLAR Aviation
Jon, just a friendly suggestion, which you may consider or ignore as you wish.

You have a fine product and a class operation. Please don't spoil it by

*****SHOUTING and SCREAMING LIKE a SPAMMER OR SCAMMER!!!!!!!*****

in your RCG post headings.

Oct 02, 2012, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry D
Please don't spoil it by

Give me a break! That is an absolutely absurd comment that would have been more appropriate to PM (as this comment, but you laid it out there).

Gene K
Oct 02, 2012, 10:44 AM
TLAR Aviation
I don't think it's absurd at all, and as I said, he's free to ignore it.

I posted it as a suggestion that might be helpful to him, not as a criticism. But yes, in hindsight, PM would probably have been more appropriate.
Oct 02, 2012, 11:07 AM
ME at Cal Poly
This conversation should also be in a PM.

Free
Oct 02, 2012, 11:24 AM
I didnt see it as shouting, i saw it as expressing excitement!
Oct 02, 2012, 02:21 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry D
Please don't spoil it by

in your RCG post headings.

Hi Harry, thanks very much for your compliments on the products and my sincere apologies if the heading of this thread came across as spam-like.

Admittedly it was done to blatantly draw attention to the thread, exactly as a spammer may do but I personally don't see that as a reason why a legitimate thread should avoid capitalisation if it has something to 'shout' about.

I hope that has gone some way to explain why it was done but I will be mindful in the future of over doing it so thank you for highlighting it.

But onto the more pressing matter of your nomination. Which aircraft would you like to see as a microscale kit?
Oct 02, 2012, 03:26 PM
TLAR Aviation
Hi Jon.

I'm pleased to see that you accepted my comment in the spirit it was offered - that is, as something to think about rather than as a criticism. Of course, how you present your postings and other information is entirely up to you. I just thought that while all the capitalization, asterisks, exclamation marks etc might indeed grab attention, it may also make some spam-weary potential readers (customers?) avoid reading further.

Actually, I'm not a buyer of any kits as I've been building my own models for 60 years and still enjoy doing so. But I was totally captivated by seeing what you are doing and have read all your posts about your products and procedures with great interest and enjoyment. I'm sure you will have the success you deserve.

But since you asked: IMHO, the most beautiful aircraft ever produced is the Tiger Moth. No idea if that fits in with your product line.

Quick Reply