Sep 29, 2012, 02:01 PM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Giorgiantonio View Post
Hey Dueces, now take pixs of the repair with Foam-Tac for the monthly prize!!!!

Eric G
Beacon Adhesives

Eric... You are the "Deacon of Beacon"
to remove ads between posts
Sep 29, 2012, 02:58 PM
The 1st Sofaman
Agreed!
Sep 29, 2012, 03:13 PM

Foam Tac repairs.

"DEACON OF BEACON"..... I like that a lot,

Thanks

Eric G
Sep 29, 2012, 06:51 PM
Crash Etiquette lesson from the Deacon of Beacon:

While bent over your model and plugging its battery, too often you hear "I ain’t got it …" followed by a low frequency thump. Usually several expletives will be inserted, some used imaginatively. A hand-crafted masterpiece of airframe miniaturization crammed with state-of-the-art electronic equipment, and powered by an exquisitely machined motor is no more. The pilot who is frequently the builder/owner has made an unscheduled landing or has discovered the radio in his hands has a greater range than the eyes in his head.

Your immediate problem is how to react. Generally, it is considered bad form to immediately ask if you may borrow the pilot’s volt meter. Similarly, you probably shouldn’t ask if he’s finished with the clip.

Any equipment related reasons for the crash you hear are, by definition, reasonable. Pilot error is too rare and sensitive to suggest, so don’t say, "That’s odd, I haven’t had any problems on that frequency today," until at least an hour after the crash. Offer to help go look. Don’t say "It sounded like it hit something solid." Note that most lost models are found and returned. Don’t as if he has his name and phone number on the model, or wonder out loud if the model hit a house or a car.

If it looks like more than enough people have volunteered to help with the search, try to weasel out of going. There are ticks and poison ivy out there, and seeing a grown man cry isn’t pleasant. If the pilot takes a plastic bag with him or comes back empty handed to get one, assume the worst. Actually, in a really bad crash, two hands and a pocket are enough space for anything worth salvaging.

Whatever you do, don’t hold a postmortem on the spot. The pilot probably doesn’t want to discuss:

- Battery condition

- Poor construction

- Pilot error

- Used rubber bands

- Lipo capacity

- Light blue covering

- Model selection vs. pilot skills

As best you can, avoid specifics, sound supportive, and look appropriately grave. You’ll want the same consideration someday
Last edited by dr.E; Sep 30, 2012 at 05:27 AM.
Sep 29, 2012, 07:31 PM
The 1st Sofaman
Hahahahahahaha! Those mornings were too fun with Rob. He needs to get back on the midnight shift again!!!!!!
Sep 29, 2012, 11:12 PM
The 1st Sofaman
How about a fun movie???

FOAM TAC "Can I get a witness?" (0 min 55 sec)
Sep 30, 2012, 05:24 AM
Yup...Deacon of Beacon Video......How did "le femme de handlaunch" become a witness
Sep 30, 2012, 08:11 AM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petefoss View Post
Gotta try that on my GP micro F-86. The nose in pretty scrunched.
Don't get the foam TOO HOT or you get an orange peel surface as the beads turn round on the surface also
Latest blog entry: BluFO review by Jim T Graham
Sep 30, 2012, 12:09 PM
The 1st Sofaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.E View Post
Yup...Deacon of Beacon Video......How did "le femme de handlaunch" become a witness
That was the "essence" of your soul and you are a witness of the heavenly properties of Foam Tac.

dave
Sep 30, 2012, 02:45 PM

Foam Tac repairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofaman NJ View Post
That was the "essence" of your soul and you are a witness of the heavenly properties of Foam Tac.

dave
Hall-elulia Can I get an "Amen" yeah I know so I can't spell "hallelulia".... But I am A witness, oh yeah!!

Eric G
The Deacon of Beacon
Sep 30, 2012, 03:30 PM
The 1st Sofaman
I was going to put the video on the contest page Eric....did not know how you felt about it.
Sep 30, 2012, 04:54 PM
Kit Manufacturer
For the Depron guys, try Hold the Foam, another Beacon product. Definitely my favorite for Depron
Latest blog entry: BluFO review by Jim T Graham
Sep 30, 2012, 09:31 PM

Foam Tac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofaman NJ View Post
I was going to put the video on the contest page Eric....did not know how you felt about it.
Yo Buddy, go for it, Carlos in a TU-TU... priceless!!! should be posted everywhere

Eric G

Deacon of Beacon
Sep 30, 2012, 09:44 PM
The 1st Sofaman
The Tu-Tu gives the movie a little classic culture.
Notice when the preacher say sick....that's my photo! Hahahaha!

Dave
Oct 01, 2012, 04:37 PM
and don't tell him he should have picked up a plane locater from Lazertoyz at Neat Fair- only $4.99 and has located many a plane in high corn, grass, fields, woods etc- except you have to have it installed before you loose the plane...
Diane