Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Old Sep 27, 2012, 05:41 PM
Find More Posts by I R Irv
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnieg View Post
I'll buy some 34 AWG wire and try to get 12-14 turns with a single strand. I don't think I want to mess with anything smaller than that. -vinnie
I have rewound a couple of 3gram motors and I got 14 and 16 turns of 32awg on them. You should be able to get more turns than me with a 5gram motor.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:43 PM
Find More Posts by vinnieg
wow! that looks amazing! maybe i should go for the 32 or 33 awg wire. I'll be happy to get 12 or 13 turns with it on a second rewind. I just don't want to mess with really fragile wire. It was frustrating enough with the 30 awg when the wire snaped on the last tooth of a phase. Anyway, I'm going to hold off on that until I test out my 1 cell setup on the 5 gram.

What plane did you power up with that motor ? running on 1S I assume.
Last edited by vinnieg; Sep 28, 2012 at 07:46 AM.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 07:13 AM
Find More Posts by I R Irv
Quote:
. What plane did you power up with that motor ? running on 1S I assume.
Vapor on 1-cell, Ember on 2-cell and scratch-builds. I'd be happy to send you some 32awg just PM me your addy.
TODD
Old Sep 28, 2012, 07:47 AM
Thanks for offer! PM sent!
Old Sep 29, 2012, 03:19 PM
Find More Posts by flylowfast
Did anybody measure the original windings resistance (as it came from the manufacturer) ?

I'm asking because I'm getting weird values on mine: 0.3, 0.7, 1.2 Ohm (see this thread for details).
Old Oct 01, 2012, 04:58 PM
I did measure the resistance but I don't remember the numbers. I know I did not get consistent readings. I will measure again on my rewound motor and post what I find.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:27 PM
Find More Posts by jackerbes
Jack
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylowfast View Post
Did anybody measure the original windings resistance (as it came from the manufacturer) ?

I'm asking because I'm getting weird values on mine: 0.3, 0.7, 1.2 Ohm (see this thread for details).
If you are measuring like 1 to2, 1 to 3, and 2 to 3 on the motor connectors, they should all read the same. I set my DMM to Rx1 and touch the probes together, I usually see about 0.3-0.4 Ohms on the leads. Then when I check the connectors I see like 0.5 or 0.6 Ohms or so. It takes a couple of seconds for it to fall and statilize.

The readings are not right, you would need a milliOhm meter (another not really needed expensive toy for me!) to read the actual resistance on each phase.

I usually check end to end before I terminate the windings and again afterwards and get slightly different but stable and similar readings.

Jack
Last edited by jackerbes; Oct 03, 2012 at 03:00 PM.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 02:29 PM
Find More Posts by flylowfast
Quote:
I did measure the resistance but I don't remember the numbers. I know I did not get consistent readings. I will measure again on my rewound motor and post what I find.
Did you get a chance to measure the windings resistance ?
Old Oct 03, 2012, 02:53 PM
not yet.. will try it tonight.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 07:07 PM
measured resistance : 1.6, 1.6, and 1.7.

The resistance of the measuring device was 1.1. So the actually resistance was .5 , .5 and .6

This was my rewound motor with 30 gauge wire with 6 turns.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 07:17 PM
Find More Posts by jackerbes
Jack
So those readings are OK then. Looks like you have us stumped!

Jack
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:13 PM
I just got the 1S esc from HK. The motor runs pretty well with a gws 3x2 prop. Can't wait to slap this on a micro plane!

Rewound 5 gram motor (2 min 17 sec)
Old Oct 16, 2012, 09:42 AM
Hey Todd,
I started rewinding the second 5 gram motor with the 32 gauge you sent. I was able to get 16 turns on 2 of the teeth so far.. 10 more to go...
Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:15 AM
Find More Posts by lectroglide
gotta ask what kinda model are ya using a 4x2 prop on? BTW that little bugger really winds up
Last edited by lectroglide; Oct 16, 2012 at 11:25 AM.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:46 AM
On the first rewound 5 gram, I wanted to use a 4x2 prop with a 1S battery but the motor would stutter on startup. I tried changing the ESC timing but it didn’t help. With a 3x2 prop the stuttering was greatly reduced. So for my first flight I have made a scaled down 15” cheap and easy RET foamie. The AUW is 50 grams. I haven’t had a chance to maiden it yet due to the weather.

BTW that little bugger really winds up.
The funny thing is in the video I had the prop on backwards. It has some decent power for a 3x2 on 1S. (don't have a thrust stand to measure though)